Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: New Swamp Turf Coming for 2017 Season

Default Re: New Swamp Turf Coming for 2017 Season

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Really? The evidence for CTE is overwhelming. If you're calling parents protecting their children from severe brain damage "craziness" I don't know what to say to you. Broken bones heal. Brain damage is permanent.

It really, really sucks that a sport we all know and love is way more dangerous than we thought. But that's no reason to ignore the truth.
    I didn't say that. What I think that is going to happen the same people that are all in a frenzy about statues and other things right now could and eventually latch on to the CTE issue. They will go after the NFL first because that's where the money is. Once they take out the NFL the rest will follow suit because they don't want to be in the same cross hairs. It's just a matter of time.

Just look at the frenzy and craziness that erupted over the ESPN fantasy football "AUCTION" last night.

Also, from what I'm hearing we may be getting a stadium renovation much sooner and at much lower cost than we thought.
    Farmer info is old.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Damn does that baseball stadium look amazing though...
    I like how the SEZ and baseball stadium blend into similar looks along with the APC. Can't wait to demolish the Cox building and build the quad. Would love to see the NEZ bowled and finished similarly.

The Michigan State stadium is almost exactly what our stadium would look like (but on a smaller scale) with the NEZ bowled, a small upper deck on the East side and a smaller upper deck with new Press Box and Suites on the West side. We can only hope for something like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Really? The evidence for CTE is overwhelming. If you're calling parents protecting their children from severe brain damage "craziness" I don't know what to say to you. Broken bones heal. Brain damage is permanent.

It really, really sucks that a sport we all know and love is way more dangerous than we thought. But that's no reason to ignore the truth.
    If you really want to protect the children, boxing and UFC should be immediately banned. Then, football, soccer and wrestling should be outlawed from all youth organizations and schools. Might be a good idea to charge all children who engage in fights at school with attempted murder. After all, we are talking about severe brain damage here. Nip it in the bud.

Seriously though, from what I can gather, CTE is a legit concern for mostly pro players and lineman.

This represents a very small percentage of all kids playing football today. Children do not need protection from CTE.

We can talk about helmets, safe practices and education, but to entertain the idea of banning football is the craziness referenced above. Sadly, it is not impossible to think that could happen as this CTE issue feeds right into the ulterior motives of the left who want to destroy all things American and the legal community who see dollar signs. This is driving a lot of this discussion.

If people were genuinely concerned about the CTE issue, boxing would have been banned decades ago and the UCF would never have existed.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I can't see spending much money on anything at the stadium. I would suspect that in 10 to 15 years there will be no organized football at any level due to the CTE issue. Once it gets whipped up into a frenzy there will be no stopping it. All you have to do is look around and see all the craziness going on. Once they latch on to something they don't let go and there is no middle ground with them.
    I'm not saying this is a certainty, but if you don't think it's a possibility, you aren't paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If you really want to protect the children, boxing and UFC should be immediately banned. Then, football, soccer and wrestling should be outlawed from all youth organizations and schools. Might be a good idea to charge all children who engage in fights at school with attempted murder. After all, we are talking about severe brain damage here. Nip it in the bud.

Seriously though, from what I can gather, CTE is a legit concern for mostly pro players and lineman.

This represents a very small percentage of all kids playing football today. Children do not need protection from CTE.

We can talk about helmets, safe practices and education, but to entertain the idea of banning football is the craziness referenced above. Sadly, it is not impossible to think that could happen as this CTE issue feeds right into the ulterior motives of the left who want to destroy all things American and the legal community who see dollar signs. This is driving a lot of this discussion.

If people were genuinely concerned about the CTE issue, boxing would have been banned decades ago and the UCF would never have existed.
    I don't know of anyone who is advocating for banning football, including myself. If grown adults want to bash eachother's heads in I say let them. As far as the kids are concerned, that's up to their parents.

If I had to guess, I'd say football will slowly decline on its own like boxing did when people realized it might not be a good idea to let their kids get pounded in the head constantly. It's only in the last 5-10 years that we've started to realize that football poses a similar risk. Parents will respond accordingly.

And you're wrong about children. Children have a higher risk of getting brain disease from concussive and sub-concussive blows. This is why lots of youth football leagues are emphasizing flag-football and nearly every soccer league has banned headers for younger players.

It never ceases to amaze me how many conspiracy theories people come up with around here about "the left." As if there's this group of people out there who want to destroy America and inexplicably think the best way to do it is to falsify CTE research to get rid of football. Because America can't survive without football. This is some Alex Jones level craziness here.

No, what happened was some scientists did some research and figured out that football is way more dangerous than we thought it was. And now that we know this, we're all trying to figure out how to deal with this new reality.

My kids are playing basketball, soccer, or baseball, and its not because I voted for Hillary. (I didn't.)

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

I don't know of anyone who is advocating for banning football, including myself. If grown adults want to bash eachother's heads in I say let them. As far as the kids are concerned, that's up to their parents.
    I agree 100% with this statement.

Now, if you think there isn't a political side to this, you are mistaken.

I am not saying CTE isn't a thing, but I have yet to see numbers from comprehensive studies comparing affliction rates between the general population and specific sports.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Soccer Re: New Swamp Turf Coming for 2017 Season

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I can't see spending much money on anything at the stadium. I would suspect that in 10 to 15 years there will be no organized football at any level due to the CTE issue. Once it gets whipped up into a frenzy there will be no stopping it. All you have to do is look around and see all the craziness going on. Once they latch on to something they don't let go and there is no middle ground with them.
    The field is just barely official size for soccer. Maybe the earlier thought about getting UL into men's soccer fairly early might not be a bad plan.

Granted all this research is troubling, but I don't see an enormous number of older high school and college players walking around like zombies. I allowed my kids in organized football until they decided to quit. I'd do it again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35

Not sure, but they might be taking down the goal post

The coincidence of pulling down the post the year we play Ta&m is ironically not lost on me.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I agree 100% with this statement.

Now, if you think there isn't a political side to this, you are mistaken.

I am not saying CTE isn't a thing, but I have yet to see numbers from comprehensive studies comparing affliction rates between the general population and specific sports.
    I'd love to see your source that shows how radical liberals are trying to attack football as part of their plan to destroy America.

Also, the fact that we might not have data on the general population doesn't mean there isn't already enough data available to make an informed decision.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    2 bells ?
    lol, no.

I finally get to be one of those guys who teases everyone about inside info but doesn't tell anyone.

Some new information came to light last week about our stadium. It is still way too early to know what will happen but there's a chance it could work out extremely well for us.

lol, no.

I finally get to be one of those guys who teases everyone about inside info but doesn't tell anyone.

Some new information came to light last week about our stadium. It is still way too early to know what will happen but there's a chance it could work out extremely well for us.
    Corporate sponsor involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The coincidence of pulling down the post the year we play Ta&m is ironically not lost on me.
    To bad the grass won't look that good come 9/2. You know they are going to cut it the day before creating a beautiful field of Hay for all the kids to play in and bring home.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17