Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: New Swamp Turf Coming for 2017 Season

Blog Entries

What happens if this weeks weather continues for 3 weeks in a row? Will they get the turf down? What if they don't do we go to Strawberry Field?
    If that happens it will be SF's fault for sure.

Default Re: New Swamp Turf Coming for 2017 Season

They will get it down, we have lights...they can work at night. We aren't allowed to travel to FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    I agree Mr. Frenchie but some folks just like to keep stirring the pot.

What happens if this weeks weather continues for 3 weeks in a row? Will they get the turf down? What if they don't do we go to Strawberry Field?
    No one is stirring the pot. They are just reminding the board about your psyche.

It looks like rain chances are going back down to normal levels for this time of the year over the next two weeks. I think they are in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    They will get it down, we have lights...they can work at night. We aren't allowed to travel to FCS.
    We choose not to travel to FCS. But if we want to we are allowed. There is no written rule against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    We choose not to travel to FCS. But if we want to we are allowed. There is no written rule against it.
    It was a written conference rule at one time.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

At 10:45 this morning: Not to much change form a couple of weeks ago.

And here is that sign:

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I think I remember Helmut saying laying out the grid was the most important and time consuming part of the turf installation. Based on seeing a roll of turf being laid out at midfield, I'm assuming that part is over and they are starting the carpet installation. I think laying out and seaming the turf actually goes pretty quickly. Helmut?

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    At 10:45 this morning: Not to much change form a couple of weeks ago.

And here is that sign:

The sign is very clear. anyone without authorization can be asked and expected to leave. Sightseers aren't explicitly excluded, but can clearly be asked to leave. A clearer sign 'No Tresspassing, that means you'.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The sign is very clear. anyone without authorization can be asked and expected to leave. Sightseers aren't explicitly excluded, but can clearly be asked to leave. A clearer sign 'No Tresspassing, that means you'.
    My neighbors have a good one on their farm gate - "Praying is a good way to get to heaven, trespassing is faster"

I suspect they will shift to night work soon. It does not rain at night and
    it is not as hot.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

And here is that sign:

They spelled "unauthorized" wrong. So someone wrote the text, then it's possible that someone had to approve, and finally someone had to actually make the sign and no one caught that.

And here is that sign:

There is nothing wrong with this sign. Liability is an issue and always will be when dealing with humans.

"Unathorized"

Good lord. Can we please make sure that punchline is taken down before the season starts and even more people see it.

Blog Entries

Marvel Comics could have,a "field" day with unaTHORized.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    ,,,,,I am not a big "beautiful stadium" guy but rather I look at pictures of a packed stadium that can impress,,,,,that being said, we have to have one of the ugliest press boxes in the country.......Frenchie's pics gives the viewer some ideas of what needs or can be done......what is the best plan within budget...best bang for the buck???

For once, I agree with Boomer. I was in Lafayette last weekend staying at Hilton Gardeens. Seeing that thing from that angle is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ,,,,,I am not a big "beautiful stadium" guy but rather I look at pictures of a packed stadium that can impress,,,,,that being said, we have to have one of the ugliest press boxes in the country.......Frenchie's pics gives the viewer some ideas of what needs or can be done......what is the best plan within budget...best bang for the buck???

I'm probably in the minority, but I would like for us to wait for the pressbox until we can do it right. Not a fan of the cheap looking boxes like La Tech. Also, if we are tearing down the upper deck then it probably will have to be done at the same time. They are not going to build a new press box just to tear it down a few years later.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I'm probably in the minority, but I would like for us to wait for the pressbox until we can do it right. Not a fan of the cheap looking boxes like La Tech. Also, if we are tearing down the upper deck then it probably will have to be done at the same time. They are not going to build a new press box just to tear it down a few years later.
    Agreed, but since it will likely be a few more years before this is done, I see no reason why we can't spend a bit of money to at least spruce it up a bit in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Agreed, but since it will likely be a few more years before this is done, I see no reason why we can't spend a bit of money to at least spruce it up a bit in the meantime.
    Depending on how long it's going to be and the amount of money we are talking about, I wouldn't disagree with this.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Was this a last minute thing to install new turf? If it was in the making why did they start so late in doing so? They could have had the new turf down three months ago if the plans and money were in place after the 2016 season. I guess the crews doing the work was not available.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast