Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: any truth?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,876

    Default any truth?

    Gunner / Tommy John

    Any truth to this? I am hearing he had it done yesterday.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,164

    Default Re: Gunner / Tommy John

    There would be something on the web, if there was an ounce of truth.


  3. #3
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    There would be something on the web, if there was an ounce of truth.
    Plus not many surgeons operate on Saturday unless it's an emergency. That procedure is not.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,631
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Gunner / Tommy John

    did he have an injury we dont know about? I thought he had just soreness issues


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,876

    Default Re: Gunner / Tommy John

    This is what I was asked to clarify...my source wants to know if what they heard is a rumor or not.


  6. #6
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    There would be something on the web, if there was an ounce of truth.
    That's a big story. Like Dad said, you'd have heard something about it. Especially since it's summer and sports news is slow, the local papers and sports media would have jumped all over it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,876

    Default Re: Gunner / Tommy John

    All valid points...it's probably a rumor.


  8. #8
    raginsaints's Avatar
    raginsaints is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Gunner / Tommy John

    If he had to get Tommy John, he would've just let a major league team pay for it.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,231

    Default Re: any truth?

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That's a big story. Like Dad said, you'd have heard something about it. Especially since it's summer and sports news is slow, the local papers and sports media would have jumped all over it.
    Who exactly in our sports media would have broken this story?

    His issue last year was lower back soreness. Unless that information was made up and several people regurgitated said info, I highly doubt this is true. Also, had this info been disclosed to any major league club, he would not have entertained offers as high at the 7th round.

    I don't know if its true, but I have not heard this from anyone. I tend to believe its bogus.

  10. #10
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Who exactly in our sports media would have broken this story?

    His issue last year was lower back soreness. Unless that information was made up and several people regurgitated said info, I highly doubt this is true. Also, had this info been disclosed to any major league club, he would not have entertained offers as high at the 7th round.

    I don't know if its true, but I have not heard this from anyone. I tend to believe its bogus.
    I'm guessing anyone and everyone: radio, print, tv. All those guys have social media and use it often too. If your ace had a major surgery, you'd know about it. "Star UL pitcher passes on draft to stay on campus has his season put in jeopardy with surgery." #baseballproblems. Something like that.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    11

    Default

    This is a nothingburger. The Cajuns baseball team has always been transparent about injuries (see: Burk, Jack). If it was something it would've been posted throughout the web


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,375

    Default Re: any truth?

    Quote Originally Posted by RATM1989 View Post
    This is a nothingburger. The Cajuns baseball team has always been transparent about injuries (see: Burk, Jack). If it was something it would've been posted throughout the web
    Idk if this is true or not in regards to Gunner. I just don't know he would of been called inthe 5th, 6th or 7th rounds if there was a known issue. I'd have to think if this is true...it's something that came up here lately.

  13. #13
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,003

    Default Re: any truth?


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: any truth?

    I just vomited.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,164

    Default Re: any truth?

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Oh my God. He won't pitch next year, if it was TJ.

  16. #16
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,493

    Default Re: any truth?

    Doubtful that it was Tommy John, he would be be out for the whole season.


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,164

    Default Re: any truth?

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Doubtful that it was Tommy John, he would be be out for the whole season.
    We are left to speculate without any info, aren't we?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,893

    Default Re: any truth?



  19. #19
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,665

    UL Baseball Re: any truth?

    Looks like Gunner might have pitched his last Cajun game.

    Outlook, surgery successful probably doesn't pitch 2018. Goes pro in 2019. Might come back to prove his worth, but remember he's out of options as a fifth year senior, or a four year with a question mark.

    Surgery unsuccessful, no more baseball.

    Here's to whatever is best for him here or elsewhere.


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: any truth?

    Why not go pro if he was drafted that high and he knew he would need surgery


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •