Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

Thread: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,887

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Oh, here's another nugget....

    Driving out of New Orleans Friday...channel surfing...I find the ESPN FM station out of New Orleans. Also known as "the flagship of the Nicholls State Colonels".

    Boom! Automatic recruiting tool.



    Well, throw in the video incident in the fall and our own "Ocean's 13" crew a few weeks back, we have issues. Right or wrong, both those events come with a stink factor. And with that comes players who don't want to associate with it which divides the team, and recruiters who use it against us. I'm afraid the shark has been jumped with this coaching staff, painful slide coming. May not be directly their fault, but it's their recruits hurting the program. They can do all the goodwill in the community they can, counts zero on the recruiting trail.
    Only 1 thing fixes that ... Winning

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Only 1 thing fixes that ... Winning
    After 4 out of 5 bowl wins, how much winning will it take?

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    After 4 out of 5 bowl wins, how much winning will it take?
    since 2014 this team has failed to meet expectations ...

    Season ticket sales show that

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    since 2014 this team has failed to meet expectations ...

    Season ticket sales show that
    It's a combination of that plus the Lafayette (and partially LA) economy has gone to ____ since then

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    871

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    It's a combination of that plus the Lafayette (and partially LA) economy has gone to ____ since then
    I'm not feeling much excitement with the team and the majority of the group I've attended with have lost interest. Most of it is due to frustration. None of us have lost jobs... Coach Hud is starting his 7th year. I, as well as others think that this program needs a kick in the ***. When is it time to make a change? How many years does coach Hud have left on his contract?

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,887

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    I'm not feeling much excitement with the team and the majority of the group I've attended with have lost interest. Most of it is due to frustration. None of us have lost jobs... Coach Hud is starting his 7th year. I, as well as others think that this program needs a kick in the ***. When is it time to make a change? How many years does coach Hud have left on his contract?
    If SF was still AD my RCAF & season tickets would have been forgone ..

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,161
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    If SF was still AD my RCAF & season tickets would have been forgone ..
    Season ticket sales are down around 400 in comparison to this time last season as per their official sales.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Season ticket sales are down around 400 in comparison to this time last season as per their official sales.
    If not fake news (official), then I thought it would be much worse. Hoping it's better than expected, and hope is all we got.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,232

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    If not fake news (official), then I thought it would be much worse. Hoping it's better than expected, and hope is all we got.
    We call Fake News "Hud Math" around here.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,033

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    I'm not feeling much excitement with the team and the majority of the group I've attended with have lost interest. Most of it is due to frustration. None of us have lost jobs... Coach Hud is starting his 7th year. I, as well as others think that this program needs a kick in the ***. When is it time to make a change? How many years does coach Hud have left on his contract?
    Same here.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,798

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Same here.
    We need some JUICE, and it better not be rap crap!

  12. #52
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,660

    UL Football Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Same here.
    This year and two more I think.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    https://www.cougcenter.com/2017/6/24...sfers-to-wazzu

    Looks like we lost another one. I've been saying this for 3 years now. Something is going on in that locker room.

    I also disagree with recruiting kids outside the southern region. I can't blame the kid for going back closer to home.
    Can't blame him for switching to a Pac 12 school close to home versus some G5 school he'd probably never heard of before.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    I'm not feeling much excitement with the team and the majority of the group I've attended with have lost interest. Most of it is due to frustration. None of us have lost jobs... Coach Hud is starting his 7th year. I, as well as others think that this program needs a kick in the ***. When is it time to make a change? How many years does coach Hud have left on his contract?
    I thought the fan base loved Hudspeth. What has changed.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,161
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Can't blame him for switching to a Pac 12 school close to home versus some G5 school he'd probably never heard of before.
    According to some in the program Carson Block didn't play well this spring and they decided to move on. They signed JC Ferrod Gardner to replace him. Allen Spurlock is gone as well and Mustafa Mitchell is walking on to replace him at LB.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    According to some in the program Carson Block didn't play well this spring and they decided to move on. They signed JC Ferrod Gardner to replace him. Allen Spurlock is gone as well and Mustafa Mitchell is walking on to replace him at LB.
    Gardner looks like an upgrade and a solid pickup, http://www.mutigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4470&path=

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I thought the fan base loved Hudspeth. What has changed.
    7 years... It just feels like it's time for a regime change. I'm guessing that we can afford another good coach, but buying out HUD's contract would hard to do. Bustle brought us to one level and Hud brought us to next.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    7 years... It just feels like it's time for a regime change. I'm guessing that we can afford another good coach, but buying out HUD's contract would hard to do. Bustle brought us to one level and Hud brought us to next.
    This...he's done all he can at UL. Recruiting is going downhill. Time to move on...

  19. #59

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    7 years... It just feels like it's time for a regime change. I'm guessing that we can afford another good coach, but buying out HUD's contract would hard to do. Bustle brought us to one level and Hud brought us to next.
    Maybe a change can be good, but he has been good for your program, IMO as an outsider looking in. I've always hoped that schools such as yours and mine could find a good HC that would give the program stability like Bobby Bowden and others have for their schools. I always thought the biggest mistake that Southern Miss made was firing Jeff Bower who was there for 18 yrs or so with consistent success.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,549

    Default Re: Cajuns rolling on football recruiting trail in June

    Hud failed to capitalize on his early success. Recruitment was never elevated during that time, and has since fallen. It was a huge missed opportunity that probably won't come again under Hud. That's how programs are built, have a little success on the field, gather an uptick of talent, take it to the next level. Now, he is just satisfied being a competitor in the Sun Belt, at a sweet salary. This is not what we wanted or I should say, I wanted, when he was hired.


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •