_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is Realignment on the Horizon Once Again?

Default Re: Is Realignment on the Horizon Once Again?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Adding cheap endzone seats and selling the Red Zone at the exact same time was a predictable disaster.

It made the new seats less attractive and pulled the rug out from under the driving force of game day atmosphere. The passionate 50-Yard line.
    The SEZ addition was needed, but we should have mirrored it on the NEZ and bowled the stadium. Additionally, we need to put chairback seats between the 40 yard lines on the student side as you suggested. We can built concessions like the SEZ on the NEZ and on the student side so there is some symmetry in the stadium. Tear down the upper deck, build the suites and press box in its place and put the building on the East side of the stadium facing the Cajundome. That would give us a 40,000 - 45,000 seat bowled stadium similar to UCF (45,000), Oregon (54,000) or even a mini-Michigan stadium (110,000). Here are pictures of both stadiums plus Oregon's stadium. That should reduce the projected costs greatly and make this a more doable project. Why not revise the plans, put it out to the public, and start a major fundraising campaign to get this done. This will complete our facility upgrades and give us one of the better athletic complexes in the country with the new baseball stadium, top level softball stadium. newly renovated Cajundome, IPF and APC, and track & field/soccer facility.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The SEZ addition was needed, but we should have mirrored it on the NEZ and bowled the stadium. Additionally, we need to put chairback seats between the 40 yard lines on the student side as you suggested. We can built concessions like the SEZ on the NEZ and on the student side so there is some symmetry in the stadium. Tear down the upper deck, build the suites and press box in its place and put the building on the East side of the stadium facing the Cajundome. That would give us a 40,000 - 45,000 seat bowled stadium similar to UCF (45,000), Oregon (54,000) or even a mini-Michigan stadium (110,000). Here are pictures of both stadiums plus Oregon's stadium. That should reduce the projected costs greatly and make this a more doable project. Why not revise the plans, put it out to the public, and start a major fundraising campaign to get this done. This will complete our facility upgrades and give us one of the better athletic complexes in the country with the new baseball stadium, top level softball stadium. newly renovated Cajundome, IPF and APC, and track & field/soccer facility.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Making a double decked suite/press ring around the completed bowl would be top notch and give UL tons of room to make big bucks from yearly donors. See attached pics:

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Twenty, sixteen, fourteen schools are far too many in a conference sharing very limited NCAA and football prize money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. Making a double decked suite/press ring around the completed bowl would be top notch and give UL tons of room to make big bucks from yearly donors. See attached pics:
    Here are some photos of the exterior of Lambeau Field. The façade of Cajun Field could be similar and match the baseball stadium. Also, the administrative building should be built on the East side of the stadium facing the Cajundome, much like Lambeau Field's. That would be a great finishing touch along with the quad in front of the APC to go along with all of the other great facilities we have. What a complex that would be!

And, once the city finally puts together their plan for shops, restaurants, bars and apartments in that area, we will have one of the finest athletic complexes anywhere as well as a new entertainment center for Lafayette and Acadiana.

i used to not like people on the grass in the end zones but the more i think about it i like it. if you look at most ballparks (i know we are talking fb) being built these days almost all of them have some type of berm for people to sit on and relax and spread out a little bit. we arent selling out our stadium right now so it isnt costing us revenue, and we would be moving in the opposite direction of what everyone is doing these days. we already have, lets leave it.

moorecajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Its like a polished turd .. nice on the outside but once you get into the stadium its ____ty

They have to block the walkway in the middle of the concessions so football team can go to the locker room.. had to wait 15 min before I could return to my seat .. And don't get get me started on parking
    So what you're saying is the stadium design team was just like everybody else in New Orleans ... they don't care about the team.

The SBC and CUSA might some day do a geographic realignment that includes both conferences, but no AAC member will ever be a part of it. Why would they? I'd sure want no part of such a realignment if UL were in the AAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    The SBC and CUSA might some day do a geographic realignment that includes both conferences, but no AAC member will ever be a part of it. Why would they? I'd sure want no part of such a realignment if UL were in the AAC.
    They may not want to be involved, but finances may force them to participate.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Is Realignment on the Horizon Once Again?

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    They may not want to be involved, but finances may force them to participate.
    Their revenue far outstrips SBC/CUSA revenue, so much so any travel savings would be wiped out.

http://www.bcsnn.com/blog/253-do-esp...-contract.html

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...9bb0f59aa.html

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    I like North Texas' stadium overall, just don't care for the winged endzone; they should've just made it level to the rest of the stadium and had a horse shoe
    Maybe Budweiser sponsored the endzone. Looks like their logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    You're right. But I'd do the SBC/CUSA realignment to save travel costs whIle seeking greener pastures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    You'd have to have enough donors willing to buy up those suites.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    You're right. But I'd do the SBC/CUSA realignment to save travel costs whIle seeking greener pastures.
    So would most with financial savvy. However, at this stage I believe La. Tech would prefer to go bankrupt before being in the same conference as we. It is to their advantage to tell recruits they are in a perceived (not reality according to the final rankings in 2016) better league than we are in. Were that to go away, I believe we would out recruit them quite often. Record in recent years shows we have not been doing that. USM has a similar viewpoint in all likelihood. Egos are still huge and will trump finances for the foreseeable future. I repeat, Tech would go bankrupt before they agree to be in the same league as the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I repeat, Tech would go bankrupt before they agree to be in the same league as the Cajuns.
    Thanks, now I know what to put at the top of my Christmas wish list. 😀

So would most with financial savvy. However, at this stage I believe La. Tech would prefer to go bankrupt before being in the same conference as we. It is to their advantage to tell recruits they are in a perceived (not reality according to the final rankings in 2016) better league than we are in. Were that to go away, I believe we would out recruit them quite often. Record in recent years shows we have not been doing that. USM has a similar viewpoint in all likelihood. Egos are still huge and will trump finances for the foreseeable future. I repeat, Tech would go bankrupt before they agree to be in the same league as the Cajuns.
    Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    The "Z" is back!! Life is good again!
    Just saying hey... adios, my friend..

Z

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    hey buddy!
    Hello, my friend.. hope you are well

Z

they are going bankrupt thats why USM and Latech are talking with us now they just took another 10% hit

No no....with ULM maybe not Cajuns

Alumni Re: Is Realignment on the Horizon Once Again?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    they are going bankrupt thats why USM and Latech are talking with us now they just took another 10% hit
    Nobody is in danger of insolvency.

Additionally ULM supported on SBC boards claims the university is at last giving all they're allowed to. I had no idea ULMOST was withholding funds that could be used on athletics. 😂😂😂😂😂

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast