Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt Confernece Baseball Tournament

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Sun Belt Confernece Baseball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Is the baseball stadium on campus at Stateboro? Can't locate it on the google map.
    Yes it is in the north part of campus

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Yes it is in the north part of campus
    Is it a new stadium, because google only shows an area that looks like a clearing for a baseball field on the east side of the football stadium. To the north of the football stadium in the early to late 1990 it shows a baseball and softball field, but it's gone now....so the question, is there a new stadium.

MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I think this is possible. The only thing is that you break up the rounds of games over multiple days which can cause some havoc as far as your opponent possibly having much more rest than you, etc. Realistically, there are no perfect situations though. Ideally you can get the preliminary games in some time tomorrow.
    I think if they can get the first round in at another site, they can come back to Statesboro and play Wednesday's games on Thursday, they should be ok.

Is it a new stadium, because google only shows an area that looks like a clearing for a baseball field on the east side of the football stadium. To the north of the football stadium in the early to late 1990 it shows a baseball and softball field, but it's gone now....so the question, is there a new stadium.
    Here are the coordinates. Latitude 32.429376 Longitude -81.780947

There is an old and historic baseball stadium in Savannah, it's home to the Savannah Bannanas..

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    There is an old and historic baseball stadium in Savannah, it's home to the Savannah Bannanas..
    I am just seeing that, they do not start play until June, I would have loved to catch a game while there.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Near the corner of Fair and Tillman Road.

From the SBC

"Sun Belt Conference and Georgia Southern officials will meet tomorrow morning to evaluate the field condition and determine game times for the tournament. It remains both the Sun Belt Conference and Georgia Southern's goal to maintain the double-elimination format for the championship. The intent is to play as many games as possible tomorrow.

The possibility of utilizing multiple sites (if necessary) still exists to maintain the double-elimination format, however, games tomorrow will not be contested prior to 11 a.m. ET. An update will be sent out following the evaluation of the field on Wednesday morning."

Built in 2005. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._I._Clements_Stadium

2 sites to be used - Cajuns game moved to 2:30 central pending weather

12:00 p.m. ET #10 Georgia State vs. #7 Arkansas State Georgia Southern
    12:00 p.m. ET #9 Little Rock vs. #8 Texas State Mill Creek

3:30 p.m. ET #5 Georgia Southern vs. #4 Louisiana Georgia Southern
    3:30 p.m. ET #6 Troy vs. #3 South Alabama Mill Creek

7:00 p.m. ET #1 Coastal Carolina vs. TBD
    7:00 p.m. ET #2 UTA vs. TBD

http://espn1420.com/cajuns-to-meet-g...-at-230-today/

The updated schedule is actually logical. I commend Georgia Southern for giving up the night game to put the tourney back on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Troll View Post
    The updated schedule is actually logical. I commend Georgia Southern for giving up the night game to put the tourney back on schedule.
    Below is the Mill Creek field they will be using.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.4533...8i1365!6m1!1e1

A little biased here since we have a turf field, but hear me out. Maybe they should think of hosting the tourney at ballparks that have turf. Never have to worry about field conditions. Do any other belt teams have turf? Or maybe try to strike a deal at a permanent neutral site with turf.

It is not the field as much it is the rain. We would not be playing here if we were getting their rain.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    It is not the field as much it is the rain. We would not be playing here if we were getting their rain.
    and lightning as well...as in the case of the softball regional

Just my $0.02, how about hosting every year at either Zephyr Stadium (NOLA) or Trustmark Park (Jackson, MS). Or, how about the Superdome or Astrodome (indoors) to mitigate risk. This would give you a true place to go and plan for each year.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Rain today 50% and 90% starting around out game time, 3:30 eastern time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    Just my $0.02, how about hosting every year at either Zephyr Stadium (NOLA) or Trustmark Park (Jackson, MS). Or, how about the Superdome or Astrodome (indoors) to mitigate risk. This would give you a true place to go and plan for each year.
    I think Zephyr/Baby Cakes would be best bet.

Superdome host the Country Music Fest memorial day weekend and there is no way in hell they are playing in the Astrodome.

Hope the rain doesn't mess with Gunner's prep or start...

I'd like Biloxi to host basketball and baseball... Good destination. New minor league park is directly across from the Beau Rivage. C-USA is there this year. I don't know if this is just for the year or if they plan on staying there for a while...

They are going back to bidding on the tournament. I believe it is here next year and then in Coastal in 2019. I would rather have a chance to host it every 3 or 4 years than a non campus site. Even if today is rain out they can get back on schedule rather quickly with the great weather the rest of the week. That is if they can get in the first two preliminary games.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast