Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt Confernece Baseball Tournament

Default Re: Sun Belt Confernece Baseball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    The guy was most outstanding playing in the college World Series...it's not like they are throwing a Tuesday night guy out there.
    No doubt. Agreed. That's why I said - "but solid..."

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Coastal answers with 2.

The bobcats pitching might not be great but boy they scare you with the sticks

Quote Originally Posted by rc0909 View Post
    Still I'd rather go down with my ace than never having him pitch. I would understand this more if it wasn't single elimination now.
    Matchups should be considered, how many times have you seen a coach save his ace against us and throw his best junk throwing lefty?...TXST can swing it and maybe CCU's coach thought beckwith is a better matchup...and he isn't exactly an unproven scrub. just saying there is more that goes into it when you arent playing the same team 3 times in a row. To be clear we would be crazy to throw anyone but gunner but I can see the other side also.

Now Texas State 6 and CC 3. Cunningham coming on in relief with 2 outs. Bases loaded Top 4.

Cajuns and Ga Southern fans gotta like that!

Wow...if coastal gets out of this one with a win, they will have burned their #1 and 2 pitchers in one game.

And now Cunningham in for relief

Cunningham gets out of the jam with just 3 pitches. I guess he stays in there since there is no tomorrow if they don't pull this out...

YES - Texas State great hitting team. Combine their hitting with our pitching.... WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Cunningham gets out of the jam with just 3 pitches. I guess he stays in there since there is no tomorrow if they don't pull this out...

YES - Texas State great hitting team. Combine their hitting with our pitching.... WOW!
    So we are hoping that Tx wins, correct? Or since they are burning their pitches, maybe better if CC wins?

That is what Brian says... I'm with Brian. But, Coastal minus Cunningham and Beckwith would be OK, IMHO...

But - we gotta get past Ga Southern first!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    So we are hoping that Tx wins, correct? Or since they are burning their pitches, maybe better if CC wins?
    I'm here to tell you, right now, I want Coastal to come back and win this game. Texas State can rake!

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    I'm here to tell you, right now, I want Coastal to come back and win this game. Texas State can rake!
    Lol me too they scared me at the tigue but we have to take care of our buisness first

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Challenger going to be a challenge

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm just noticing how bad the camera work is for the SBC tournament. They switch angles way too often. Getting seasick watching this

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    That is what Brian says... I'm with Brian. But, Coastal minus Cunningham and Beckwith would be OK, IMHO...

But - we gotta get past Ga Southern first!
    Coastal with a homer to cut it to 7-5!

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Not interested in playing Coastal if we win, regardless of Cunningham pitching today or not. They were regular season champs for a reason and this is a case of them possibly getting bitten by the single elimination format.

I would rather play a team in their 3rd day of pitching. The goal is to win the tournament not just to boost our RPI.

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    You may want to add a "imo" to that statement, imo.

You're "guessing" that his statement will prove to be false. It may be a highly educated guess, but a guess nonetheless.
    When you said "imo" you are probably right that I should have qualified my statement with an "imo," at least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Not interested in playing Coastal if we win, regardless of Cunningham pitching today or not. They were regular season champs for a reason and this is a case of them possibly getting bitten by the single elimination format.

I would rather play a team in their 3rd day of pitching. The goal is to win the tournament not just to boost our RPI.
    Good point. Now I'm torn. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Were you not the one that stated baseball didnt matter and that even if latur was in the CWS, you wouldnt watch?
    I also used the term latur "fans" loosely.
    I certainly never said anything resembling "baseball didn't matter." Baseball, in my opinion, is the greatest team sport. Thank you, Abner Doubleday.

I think baseball means a great deal.

"Ray, people will come, Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway, not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. "Of course, we won't mind if you have a look around," you'll say. "It's only twenty dollars per person." They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it; for it is money they have and peace they lack.
    And they'll walk out to the bleachers, and sit in shirt-sleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game, and it'll be as if they'd dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick, they'll have to brush them away from their faces.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again. Oh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come."

That is pretty much what I think, though didn't write, about baseball.

excuse my ignorance, but is the game going to be on espn3?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast