Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 193

Thread: SB: LSU/McNeese

  1. #81
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,601

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I hope sooner. But I'm sure LSU will drag ___ cause they only want to play one today.
    .....what if/when the rain does eventually stop...could field conditions possibly be so bad as to not play until later???

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    1,633

    UL Softball Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajuns99 View Post
    Maybe about 10 PM, I'm seeing the same thing.
    Yeah, forecast shows about 20% rain chance at 10 PM. What kind of field will they have to play on then?
    http://www.wafb.com/category/201700/...ation=USLA0033

  3. #83
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,770

    UL Softball Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    The chances of 2 today are almost zero. From this moment on pray for a total rain out. These damed weather guys are pretty good. Rain probably ends between 8-10


  4. #84
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,087

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    I don't think we'll be playing softball tonight fellas.


  5. #85
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,770

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Wonder what the McLeast people are hoping for. They lose every tie situation.


  6. #86
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,244

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    From the purple people twitter as of one minute ago-"It's still raining, and the field will take some time to get back in playing order. Stay tuned for updates."


  7. #87
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    1991.

    Brian
    I was there for that weekend. What a mess.

    River was high so water table was also high. No chance of soaking in.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,020

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    Brian, what do you make of this language: "If competition has to be extended to Monday, it must be completed without starting a game after 11 p.m. Monday (if the regional final begins before 11 p.m. and an "if necessary" game becomes necessary to determine the regional champion, that game will immediately follow). Note: Each round gets one extra day to finish the round."

    Seems like it can be interpreted to mean that if necessary game could start after 11.
    Sorry, I have been at a music recital.

    I interpret all of this as ...

    The "regional championship game" is considered to be both Game #6 and the if necessary Game #7. Thus, the "regional championship game" must be started before 11pm on Monday. If it starts and an "if necessary" Game #7 is required, that Game #7 would begin immediately after.

    See the following on Page 13 ...
    "(3) If competition cannot be completed Sunday, the last time to start a regional championship game (i.e., Games 6 and "if" 7) to complete regional finals is the Monday immediately preceding the super regional at 11 p.m.;"

    "(4) If play is suspended before games 6 and 7 and the regional competition ceases, see the rain-delay advancement formula (page 12) outlined in this manual."

    The above (4) seems to imply that the advancement formula only applies to suspended play before Game #6. But there is a resolution provided (advancement rules) in the event that 6 games are played.

    Something that is unclear ... What if it is 3am Tuesday morning and the teams are in the midst of Game #7 and bad weather rolls in? At what point do they make the determination to cancel? And if they do, do they rollback to before the "regional championship game" ... which is Game #6? It seems not ... as there must be a reason to have the 6 game advancement rule. But it is not clear when this determination happens.

    Brian

  9. #89
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,770

    UL Softball Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Yeah, forecast shows about 20% rain chance at 10 PM. What kind of field will they have to play on then?
    http://www.wafb.com/category/201700/...ation=USLA0033
    The gauge I'm reading said .71 inches in last 24 hours. Their log claims 7pm to 7 pm.

    That's not a problem

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    All clear in BR. Time to start it up in 30 min.


  11. #91
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,535

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    This was from 10 minutes ago, it talks about the field. Expect longer than 30 minutes to play.



  12. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    All clear in BR. Time to start it up in 30 min.
    No excuse why they can't get 2 game in tonight.

  13. #93
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    No excuse why they can't get 2 game in tonight.
    Field conditions and possibly more bad weather.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    If they don't get em in tonight. It looks worse tomorrow.


  15. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Sorry, I have been at a music recital.

    I interpret all of this as ...

    The "regional championship game" is considered to be both Game #6 and the if necessary Game #7. Thus, the "regional championship game" must be started before 11pm on Monday. If it starts and an "if necessary" Game #7 is required, that Game #7 would begin immediately after.

    See the following on Page 13 ...
    "(3) If competition cannot be completed Sunday, the last time to start a regional championship game (i.e., Games 6 and "if" 7) to complete regional finals is the Monday immediately preceding the super regional at 11 p.m.;"

    "(4) If play is suspended before games 6 and 7 and the regional competition ceases, see the rain-delay advancement formula (page 12) outlined in this manual."

    The above (4) seems to imply that the advancement formula only applies to suspended play before Game #6. But there is a resolution provided (advancement rules) in the event that 6 games are played.

    Something that is unclear ... What if it is 3am Tuesday morning and the teams are in the midst of Game #7 and bad weather rolls in? At what point do they make the determination to cancel? And if they do, do they rollback to before the "regional championship game" ... which is Game #6? It seems not ... as there must be a reason to have the 6 game advancement rule. But it is not clear when this determination happens.

    Brian
    I can see that interpretation. I think reasonable minds could interpret the rule differently, especially once you start labeling the NCAA Regional Championship games (Game 6 and Game 7) as a "game." Tomorrow could turn interesting.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,653

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    No excuse why they can't get 2 game in tonight.
    Rule book says minimum 45 minutes between games except the championship Game 6 and Game 7. However they certainly seem to contradict themselves in other areas.

    With that said the LSU/McNeese game would need to end by 10:15. I'll estimate 2 hours to finish it up and that yields an 8:15 start time for us to get a chance to play tonight.

    NWS has said they are having a difficult time predicting exact timing and location but a lot more rain is expected tomorrow. See quote below for the latest.

    "Active weather pattern will continue next few days. Challenging
    forecast trying to time periods of convection at the terminals.
    Believe there will be a decent lull overnight tonight before
    activity picks back up again around or just after sunrise Monday."

    Will definitely be interesting. One thing to keep in mind is that the NCAA does allow themselves an out in regards to game start times etc. They literally could override all the rules and regarding start times etc. and play through the night. Not that I think that will happen.

  17. #97
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,535

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese



  18. #98
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,535

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese



  19. #99
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    352

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Per Lsu twitter, tentative resumption time is 8:35


  20. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    looks like Cajuns may be playing late tonight. What do y'all think?


Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •