Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 193

Thread: SB: LSU/McNeese

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Please see links below and read them in there entirety... maybe then these threads can concentrate on the game instead of all the conspiracy theories.

    http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...l_20170209.pdf

    http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...7_20170324.pdf

    http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...e_20170324.pdf
    Looks pretty complicated. Maybe Boomer can explain it!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,884
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    How dare you talk bad about Lyn-n Rollin-s.
    So this is the one and only AZZ Rollins ?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Delay again.


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,884
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    Delay again.

    SO thats why hockey is playing

  5. #25
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,144
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Sky electricity delay


  6. #26
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,353

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    There is some nastily stuff going their way. It's going to be a long day at the park for these 2 teams. Coach Lotief and the team can probably pop in another DVD and take a load off.


  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,694

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunIke View Post
    Why they didn't start early this morning is beyond me. The forecast clearly showed thunderstorms only during scheduled game times today. Makes no sense.
    Unless..... NCAA bylaws state that you cannot start a game prior to 12:00 on Sunday.

    However they do make an exception for weather issues. Ultimately it is up to the NCAA representative assigned to the site to make that call and they aren't going to make that call lightly. At this point the Baton Rouge regional is only one game behind.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    You say they can't start before 12:00. Last I checked, 1:30 is much later than 12:00. I'd like to know where the NCAA "representative" in BR is from?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Unless..... NCAA bylaws state that you cannot start a game prior to 12:00 on Sunday.

    However they do make an exception for weather issues. Ultimately it is up to the NCAA representative assigned to the site to make that call and they aren't going to make that call lightly. At this point the Baton Rouge regional is only one game behind.

  9. #29
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,353

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    If today and tomorrow are a wash out, do the Cajuns advance because they are undefeated in head to head competition?


  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,694

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    If today and tomorrow are a wash out, do the Cajuns advance because they are undefeated in head to head competition?
    YES

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Unless..... NCAA bylaws state that you cannot start a game prior to 12:00 on Sunday.

    However they do make an exception for weather issues. Ultimately it is up to the NCAA representative assigned to the site to make that call and they aren't going to make that call lightly. At this point the Baton Rouge regional is only one game behind.
    Gotcha, they should have started at 12 then. Water under the bridge now. Does anyone know the different scenarios if these games cannot be played?

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,912

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Please see links below and read them in there entirety... maybe then these threads can concentrate on the game instead of all the conspiracy theories.

    http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...l_20170209.pdf

    http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...7_20170324.pdf

    http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...e_20170324.pdf
    Thanks, but i didnt first state a three game limit on the other thread, nor any other "rule"... Nor do i understand how asking "what will happen" is either a theory or a conspiracy?

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,694

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunIke View Post
    Gotcha, they should have started at 12 then. Water under the bridge now. Does anyone know the different scenarios if these games cannot be played?
    We will advance in every possible scenario other than losing two games.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,912

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Lsu's own website had a game listed on monday prior to rain delay being known for today, fyi


  15. #35
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,021

    UL Softball Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    We will advance in every possible scenario other than losing two games.
    If the Cajuns were to lose Game #6 to LSU and Game #7 could not be played before the 11pm Monday schedule deadline, LSU would advance as the highest seed. This is because ...

    - Each team would have one loss
    - Teams would be tied head-to-head
    - LSU is the higher seed

    If the Cajuns were to lose Game #6 to McNeese and Game #7 could not be played before the 11pm Monday schedule deadline, Louisiana would advance as the highest seed for the same reasons above.

    Brian

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,912

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    If the Cajuns were to lose Game #6 to LSU and Game #7 could not be played before the 11pm Monday schedule deadline, LSU would advance as the highest seed.

    Brian
    Uhoh, fight amongst yourselves, we'll take a coffee break, let us know how it goes......

  17. #37
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,694

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    If the Cajuns were to lose Game #6 to LSU and Game #7 could not be played before the 11pm Monday schedule deadline, LSU would advance as the highest seed.

    Brian
    Yeah my mistake because we would be tied in head to head.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,884
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    If the Cajuns were to lose Game #6 to LSU and Game #7 could not be played before the 11pm Monday schedule deadline, LSU would advance as the highest seed.

    Brian

    Yup. Rules are rules.. highest seed progresses onwards. Let's just hope it don't come to that.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,021

    Default Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Yeah my mistake because we would be tied in head to head.
    Yet another reason to pull for McNeese.

    Brian

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,021

    UL Softball Re: SB: LSU/McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Please see links below and read them in there entirety... maybe then these threads can concentrate on the game instead of all the conspiracy theories.

    http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...l_20170209.pdf

    http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...7_20170324.pdf

    http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...e_20170324.pdf
    I noticed last week that the new championship manuals have a contradiction concerning super regional play ... probably just an error in editing (failure to edit out the old format). 2017 super regional play is supposed to take place over three days (games 1, 2, and 3). That is, no more doubleheader for games 2 and 3. But part of the 2017 championship manual still references the old format.

    Brian

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •