Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: ULM AD Situation

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,065

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    Geez, the head coach seems resigned to getting fired. The conference needs some member upgrades. ULM has been on a steady decline for awhile.


    http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/spo...ies/101786836/


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,292

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    their baseball coach was on the radio this morning bashing the school
    Dead man walking telling it like it is. Does ULM roll over three times this weekend or try to win for their coach?

    Regarding the article, when Peddie admits it's not a rivalry, that says tons. Thank you coach for manning up.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    404

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    What did ULM coach say this morning on the radio? I saw it brought up somewhere on RP and Jay brought it up briefly.


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,292

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    What did ULM coach say this morning on the radio? I saw it brought up somewhere on RP and Jay brought it up briefly.
    Here you go. he was just pretty matter of fact about it all. I didn't know, until women's tennis this year, ULM's only other SBC championship was baseball in 2012. Wow, that is brutal.

    http://www.knoe.com/content/news/Peddie--422982834.html

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,664

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    Bring Wickstrom to UL as an assistant. He'll be here a year and get plucked. Dude can flat out fund raise. He and Maggard would kill, especially if O & G continues its comeback.


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Here you go. he was just pretty matter of fact about it all. I didn't know, until women's tennis this year, ULM's only other SBC championship was baseball in 2012. Wow, that is brutal.

    http://www.knoe.com/content/news/Peddie--422982834.html
    Thanks. I was looking for that.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,835

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Actually, that's Diamond Dawgs,, which I guess they think makes them sound extra special or something, lol.
    Makes them look illiterate.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    960

    Default

    Your point is????


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,777

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Bring Wickstrom to UL as an assistant. He'll be here a year and get plucked. Dude can flat out fund raise. He and Maggard would kill, especially if O & G continues its comeback.
    Do we need Wickstrom to stay at ULM to approve our Sun Belt naming conventions? Doesn't that go around to the AD's yearly? If ULM vetoes, does it just default to the previous year - in which case it doesn't matter?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,435

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    ULM's president greenlighted acceptance of our name. Wickstrom washed his hands of it, publically. I'm thinking that ship has sailed, at least as far as the Sun Belt.


  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,620

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Do we need Wickstrom to stay at ULM to approve our Sun Belt naming conventions? Doesn't that go around to the AD's yearly? If ULM vetoes, does it just default to the previous year - in which case it doesn't matter?
    No it was Bruno who voted ... Wickstrom bashed him for it

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,777

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    Oh. Good! Thanks!


  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    ULM's president greenlighted acceptance of our name. Wickstrom washed his hands of it, publically. I'm thinking that ship has sailed, at least as far as the Sun Belt.
    Agreed,as far as the Sun Belt goes, I don't see it changing.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,231

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Well no sugar coating it there. What a mess!

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,620

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    Maybe maggard will talk with wickstrom this weekend about a sweet gig down here


  17. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,019

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    well Alabama fires first year coach Greg Goff...maybe he wants to go back to North Louisiana and ULM could snag him up.



  18. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,777

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    Is he a good hitting coach? How 'bout bring him in here?


  19. #39

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    So stumbled on a Tech ULM baseball recap article. Author kept calling Tech's baseball team the "Diamond Dogs". Is that seriously a thing? I was embarrassed for him, and ya'll.
    Isn't a baseball field often called a "diamond?" Isn't our mascot a bulldog?

  20. #40

    Default Re: ULM AD Situation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Seriously? Diamond Dogs sounds like a bad band name from the 70s. Geez, what an embarrassment.
    That was Three Dog Night.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •