Thread: OT: Title IX

Default OT: Title IX

If a conference has single elimination for softball and still double for baseball, could that be a potential title nine violation as the men of baseball have the opportunity to participate more in postseason than their counterparts?

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: OT: Title IX

There is a single elimination round on May 23rd. Seeds 7-10 play for a chance to make it into the double elimination round.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    There is a single elimination round on May 23rd. Seeds 7-10 play for a chance to make it into the double elimination round.
    Ok. Not sure that has anything to do with first question

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    If a conference has single elimination for softball and still double for baseball, could that be a potential title nine violation as the men of baseball have the opportunity to participate more in postseason than their counterparts?
    Only a paranoid psycho whackjob would think that way....

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Only a paranoid psycho whackjob would think that way....
    Why do you sugar coat all your posts, lol

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Ok. Not sure that has anything to do with first question
    Because that's what softball did. A first day of single elimination for the lower ranked teams and next day started a double elimination portion. The only odd thing to me is the finals are back to single elimination.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

"The only odd thing to me is the finals are back to single elimination".

This I don't like. Going into the finals undefeated and losing to someone that had one lost......

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Anything to accomadate TV Frenchie. It's all about the media exposure.

Granted one team could have had a much easier ride due to unexpected departure of better opponents in their bracket. Still baseball isn't a one game sport. Pitching is critical and a deep pitching staff should matter.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Because that's what softball did. A first day of single elimination for the lower ranked teams and next day started a double elimination portion. The only odd thing to me is the finals are back to single elimination.
    Ok, but i was asking if the original scenario would be a violation, it happened that way in some other conf. I dont think i said sunbelt, even if it hadnt happened i would still be interested if it would or wouldnt be violation, as trend seems to make that more likely in future

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Don't think your thought process is logical.

Having different rules for different sports in no way discriminate against women. They get a chance to complete for a recognized title. Their coaches get to coach for said title. The elimination and eligibility process isn't universal even among men teams in a similar but not nearly identical sport.

Even a 9th circuit ruling would have to be dealing with the previous bias interpretation rather than a factual one by law.