Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
Results 181 to 193 of 193

Thread: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Thibodaux, LA
    Posts
    868

    Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Article on Minnesota getting hosed by the selection committee. Article makes the point Brian was making earlier. Minnesota had an RPI rank of 11 which has as a component, Strength of Schedule. The committee looked at Strength of Schedule separately in justifying its national seeds and, in doing so, punished Minnesota twice (and will continue to punish schools outside the SEC, ACC, Pac-10 and Big XII ). Clearly having knowledgeable softball people that understand the RPI should be a pre-requisite in order to be on the softball selection committee. It is incredible to me that this obvious background is not currently a requirement.

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more...8uP?li=BBnbfcL
    Minnesota was actually ranked #1 in the latest USA Today poll and does not get to host. This committee is a joke. They need to be taken off the committee

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Opelousas, LA
    Posts
    1,407

    Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

    Found it interesting that there was a softball committee member from Ole Miss. Ole Miss made the dramatic jump for nowhere to being a host even with a 10-14 conference record and finishing tied for 8th in the conference standings. Lynnette Johnson is the Ole Miss Associate AD on the softball committee and one of her primary job responsibilities at Ole Miss is "coordinating and bidding all NCAA and SEC postseason events held on campus." I can't help but think there was some influence in the selection. What happened to the "body of work" argument. You can have a losing conference record and not even finish in the top half of your own conference but be a top 16 team and host a NCAA regional. The more I look into this the more of a joke it becomes. Except Minnesota, James Madison and UL are not laughing.


  3. #183
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,741

    Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Found it interesting that there was a softball committee member from Ole Miss. Ole Miss made the dramatic jump for nowhere to being a host even with a 10-14 conference record and finishing tied for 8th in the conference standings. Lynnette Johnson is the Ole Miss Associate AD on the softball committee and one of her primary job responsibilities at Ole Miss is "coordinating and bidding all NCAA and SEC postseason events held on campus." I can't help but think there was some influence in the selection. What happened to the "body of work" argument. You can have a losing conference record and not even finish in the top half of your own conference but be a top 16 team and host a NCAA regional. The more I look into this the more of a joke it becomes. Except Minnesota, James Madison and UL are not laughing.
    Supposedly committee members are supposed to leave the room when their respective schools are discussed.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Supposedly committee members are supposed to leave the room when their respective schools are discussed.
    Wink, wink

  5. #185
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,158

    Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Supposedly committee members are supposed to leave the room when their respective schools are discussed.
    Yeah, that's a joke

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,942

    Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Supposedly committee members are supposed to leave the room when their respective schools are discussed.
    But can be in room to bad mouth the more deserving candidates

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,942

    Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

    I heard governor edwards was trying to put the previously proposed atletics travel ban in place with a 25 mile limit, and award the host a regional title by forfeit,


  8. #188
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,021

    Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

    Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    I heard governor edwards was trying to put the previously proposed atletics travel ban in place with a 25 mile limit, and award the host a regional title by forfeit,
    I do believe that you "heard" that.

    Brian

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,773
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

    I sure would love to see Louisiana vs Minnesota in the finals of the WCWS.


  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,216

    Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

    Minnesota is absolutely pounding LTUR 8-0 and it's still only the 2nd inning.


  11. #191
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,773
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    Minnesota is absolutely pounding LTUR 8-0 and it's still only the 2nd inning.
    How could anyone not pull for them after how unfairly they were treated.....oh, except when they play the Cajuns of course.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,091

    Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

    Those @ruston babies are the biggest whiners around. MBB tourney site? Rigged against ltur. SB? Rigged against ltur. Gametimes for MBB? Rigged. It just goes on and on. Always ready with a built-in excuse.
    Freaking nancies.


  13. #193
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Supposedly committee members are supposed to leave the room when their respective schools are discussed.
    The only time that ever happened was when Farmer was on the committee. Our seed and his defense of it was all the proof I need.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,942

    Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

    Minnesota scored more runs against the institute's techsters than two hosts added togetherr could muster


Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •