Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns' Softball RPI

UL Softball Re: Cajuns' Softball RPI

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    The softball selection committee this year believed that quality softball is only played in a few areas of the country. RPI, other statistics, actual games played and other overwhelming contradictory facts be damned. Why can't the NCAA put knowledgeable softball people on the selection committee?
    Are you saying that the chair of the softball selection committee and Sr. Associate Commissioner of CUSA, Keisha Dunlap, a former track and field athlete and graduate assistant coach ... with primary CUSA responsibilities being the primary sport administrator for women's basketball, volleyball, and women's swimming and diving ... is not the right person to lead the NCAA D1 Softball selection process?

Brian

Default Re: Cajuns' Softball RPI

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Are you saying that the chair of the softball selection committee and Sr. Associate Commissioner of CUSA, Keisha Dunlap, a former track and field athlete and graduate assistant coach ... with primary CUSA responsibilities being the primary sport administrator for women's basketball, volleyball, and women's swimming and diving ... is not the right person to lead the NCAA D1 Softball selection process?

Brian
    Swim coaches are ALWAYS qualified......

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    What year did the RPI start?
    For softball? Not sure which year they actually adopted it for deliberations. But I know they have been using it since before the new tournament format commenced (2005).

The RPI was introduced in 1981 for basketball ... and the 1988 baseball selection committee employed it for the first time in its selections. Of course, it has had several overhauls over the years.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    The softball selection committee this year believed that quality softball is only played in a few areas of the country. RPI, other statistics, actual games played and other overwhelming contradictory facts be damned. Why can't the NCAA put knowledgeable softball people on the selection committee?
    Let's call this what it really is: the ESPN Invitational Softball Tournament

Blog Entries

Brian
    I think you have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that often, even the primary beneficiaries of RPI don't understand RPI.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

Yeah I think the coaches sent a message to the selection committee. It is going to be very interesting to see how the teams do in comparison to their seeding. From what I have seen the committee is getting hammered from coaches, media, and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Yeah I think the coaches sent a message to the selection committee. It is going to be very interesting to see how the teams do in comparison to their seeding. From what I have seen the committee is getting hammered from coaches, media, and fans.
    Wow...no 1 in coaches poll and don't get to host! I figured they must have a tiny, not very nice stadium so I did some googling.

http://www.gophersports.com/view.gal?id=142789

Hmmm....wonder what happened?

I suspect what will occur is coaches are going to go to their athletic directors, who will contact their conference offices and require that the representatives who "serve" on these committees will have a clue as to what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I suspect what will occur is coaches are going to go to their athletic directors, who will contact their conference offices and require that the representatives who "serve" on these committees will have a clue as to what they are doing.
    I seriously doubt what I'm about to describe is being done and if it is then it becomes more of a travesty.

Every single championship committee should have to go through standardized training regarding the tools at their disposal. There is apparently no quality control over the implementation and usage of the data provided to the various committees.

I seriously doubt what I'm about to describe is being done and if it is then it becomes more of a travesty.

Every single championship committee should have to go through standardized training regarding the tools at their disposal. There is apparently no quality control over the implementation and usage of the data provided to the various committees.
    Can I teach the class?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Wow...no 1 in coaches poll and don't get to host! I figured they must have a tiny, not very nice stadium so I did some googling.

http://www.gophersports.com/view.gal?id=142789

Hmmm....wonder what happened?
    They forgot to join the SECSPN.

Might be a good idea for ADs and athletic department employees, especially those involved in scheduling, be added to the list of those needing the training.

Can I teach the class?

Brian
    Send me your qualifications..... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    They are in the big 10....not exactly the red headed step child of sports conferences.

PM, Brian.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    They are in the big 10....not exactly the red headed step child of sports conferences.
    But not a P5 softball conference typically.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    But not a P5 softball conference typically.
    They might not be an elite softball conference but They are always a P5 conference even though there aren't technically P5 and G5 in anything but football...but they don't lack financial support. Just saying, sorry if I have hard time feeling sorry for anyone from the Big 10 getting screwed over. They typically don't...ever.

I guess it is too much to ask the NCAA to pay even a fraction of the attention to softball as they do to football.

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    Eaxctly! Dont let comittee of hook by saying they didnt know, they knew. Problem wont be fixed just poll will be adjusted before publication next time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast