Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 110

Thread: Assigning Russo Park seating

  1. #81
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,770

    UL Baseball Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    Those seats didn't exist last year. How'd someone scoop them up before Frenchie and other top row guys. 2016 season grandstand ticket holders still being delivered.


  2. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    530

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    I get the feeling that the final chapter has not been written on this topic after this terrible slight to the "Dirty Dozen And A Half"!!


  3. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,111
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    Maybe all of Frenchie's threats about pulling his support before he even received a call had something to do with how this ended up. So far out of 9 pages of people who have been reseated Frenchis is one of a total of 3-4 people not totally satisfied with their new seats. Just a thought...


  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,278

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    I'm exactly where I thought I'd be, equilivant to my old seat at The Tigue. Sec 109 row 15.


  5. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,936

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    im pretty sure he is too. they added additional rows at the top of the grandstand from what the old tigue was. so he is in his same seats as last year except for that their are additional rows above his.

    what if they added 15 rows as opposed to just a couple?


  6. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,936

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    I'm exactly where I thought I'd be, equilivant to my old seat at The Tigue. Sec 109 row 15.
    hey row mate

  7. #87
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,788

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    [QUOTE=axg8750;999408]Maybe all of Frenchie's threats about pulling his support before he even received a call had something to do with how this ended up. So far out of 9 pages of people who have been reseated Frenchis is one of a total of 3

    Look my friend let me see if I can set you straight. If I was anyone else I would have no complaint. It same that you are not in the know of the Dirty Dozen and a Half at the old Tigue. After 38 years sitting on the same row with the other 17 where you may have had another 50 fans in the stadium, and around 20+ years putting up the K's, we, the 18 mention, some who passed on and some still hanging on had thoughts of being together on row 17 section 108. This could have taken place. I requested months back by e-mail to coach Robe and Matt about this before reseating started. Of course no return mail by either. I tried my best to have this set up for the ones still alive and the new fans that took the place of the ones that passed away. If this rubs you in the wrong way so be it. Yes I have thoughts of not renewing, not because I don't love my Cajuns and baseball, but because of my age and health. I hope to be there for the 2018 season. I mention to some of my friend that climbing up to the top row might be hard for me another year from now and that I may have to sit down below. One said you have the K's to take care of. But it same that I want be taking care of it anyway now. Hope you get the reason for me trying to get the top row #17 for the original Dirty Dozen and 1/2.......


  8. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Breaux Bridge
    Posts
    3,900

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    Frenchie - no justification is needed. You guys deserve the top row in Section 108. I think you guys earned it.


  9. #89
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,014

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    The middle section was only 10 rows in the old grandstand. Now it's 17 much wider rows with some side areas that go even further up. Some sections have side areas at the bottom around the entrances and some have obstructed views with the railing. I don't know what methodology they used to transfer seats. Obviously they moved most up, but I don't know that it was just taking your previous and adding +5 or +6 rows and start from the left with the same seat numbers necessarily. They may have added a row here or there in between. I went up about 6 rows. It's hard to say exactly how it was done. I know that dealing with that many moves and transferring to a structure that is not identical, there are going to be some issues. That being said, the top row crew should have been accommodated.


  10. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,753

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Frenchie - no justification is needed. You guys deserve the top row in Section 108. I think you guys earned it.
    I'm sure this can be taken care of with a simple talk to Robe. I have no doubt Robe is aware of Frenchie and his contributions to the team. After the season, Frenchie should simply get in touch with Robe and explain his situation.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Breaux Bridge
    Posts
    3,900

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    I'm sure this can be taken care of with a simple talk to Robe. I have no doubt Robe is aware of Frenchie and his contributions to the team. After the season, Frenchie should simply get in touch with Robe and explain his situation.
    As long as Matt has been around the program, he should be aware also.

    Maybe Frenchie hung a K on Matt when he struck out at the plate and this is his payback. (I kid, I kid)

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,753

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    As long as Matt has been around the program, he should be aware also.
    Agreed but I would assume some things are out of Matt's control, but are in Tony's wheel house.

  13. #93
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,788

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    I did not call Robe but I e-mailed him with no response. I am through with this. It's just a tradition gone array. I guess section A is next. Are maybe cutting down the pine trees. Or maybe our great peanuts kicked out is next. All this was so easy to fix. I will be looking at who Matt saw fit to assign row 17 too.........and his reasoning for this. Go Cajuns and see all of you next season........

    My e-mail to coach:

    Coach I am just a little disappointed in my seat assignment. After 38 years
    attending Cajun baseball and putting up the K's for the last 20+ years, that
    will all come to an end. After informing Matt of my seat selection several weeks
    ago and for the reason why I would have liked those seats, he saw fit to assign
    those seats to some one else, why, I don't know. I heard it was players or
    ex-players families. The long tradition of putting up the K's will come to an
    end. Matt suggested getting up and going down row 17 over all the fans and put
    up the K. Don't think that will work. On row 17 section 108 you have 23 seats.
    The eighteen of the living and new dirty dozen and 1/2 could have been taken
    care of. Well just wanted to let you know how I felt about this reseating.

    Thank You:

    Francis (Frank) Babin


  14. #94
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    Talking about traditions game management since a university police to get a kid off the field. He was two feet away from the 1st base patio box wall waiting for the right fielder to throw the warm up ball back to him. I have been sitting there since 2003 and kids have done this in every inning of every game.


  15. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Breaux Bridge
    Posts
    3,900

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    Talking about traditions game management since a university police to get a kid off the field. He was two feet away from the 1st base patio box wall waiting for the right fielder to throw the warm up ball back to him. I have been sitting there since 2003 and kids have done this in every inning of every game.
    Might be something small but I thought that was one of the cool things about Cajuns games. Allowing the kid to throw the RF the ball and the RF throwing the ball back to the kid after warm ups is just one of the many things that makes The Tigue truly a family environment.

    If I had to guess, it was 1 of 2 things causing this tradition to stop. 1. A uninformed authority 2. Insurance.

  16. #96
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,570

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Might be something small but I thought that was one of the cool things about Cajuns games. Allowing the kid to throw the RF the ball and the RF throwing the ball back to the kid after warm ups is just one of the many things that makes The Tigue truly a family environment.

    If I had to guess, it was 1 of 2 things causing this tradition to stop. 1. A uninformed authority 2. Insurance.
    Although they did get rid of the white rubber boot thrown into the outfield after an error.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,753

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I did not call Robe but I e-mailed him with no response. I am through with this. It's just a tradition gone array. I guess section A is next. Are maybe cutting down the pine trees. Or maybe our great peanuts kicked out is next. All this was so easy to fix. I will be looking at who Matt saw fit to assign row 17 too.........and his reasoning for this. Go Cajuns and see all of you next season........
    Just guessing it's a bad time for this. Like I said, after the season when baseball is done, I'd bet he will be wiling to discuss this with you.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    13,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    im pretty sure he is too. they added additional rows at the top of the grandstand from what the old tigue was. so he is in his same seats as last year except for that their are additional rows above his.

    what if they added 15 rows as opposed to just a couple?
    I think they added the additional rows at the bottom.

  19. #99
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,770

    UL Baseball Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Just got a call from a friend who sat in the dirty dozen and 1/2 at the Tigue and he said they call him an assigned him 2-3 rows down from the top row at Russo section 108. I didn't get a call yet, but if I am moved from the top row and unable to put up the K's, this will be my last year of season ticket baseball. I e-mailed both Mat and Robe a while back and never got an answer....I know some don't care, but after 48 years sitting on the top row center at the Tigue, I feel like I earned the same spot at Russo....and no use looking back to see how many K's we have because there won't be any.
    How did that group get put ahead of everyone else? Those seats filled prior to everyone else.

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,794

    Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

    So I wonder when the next round of seating will be?


Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •