Thread: RCAF Meet the A.D Tour: Vermilion Parish

1. Ragin' Cajuns RCAF Meet the A.D Tour: Vermilion Parish

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Director of Athletics Bryan Maggard, members of the Ragin' Cajuns coaching staff and selected student-athletes will make an appearance in Abbeville on Thursday (May 11) as part in the Coaches' Caravan, presented by Gulf Coast Bank and the UL Lafayette alumni Association.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: RCAF Meet the A.D Tour: Vermilion Parish

....and let's see if I can remember what HUD said this evening.....think it was only 3 teams had won4 bowls in the last 6 years.......does that sound right? Coach Marlin had some great pics of EP and Long.....WBB to pre season NIT.......Charlie Sonnier put on a nice deal in Abbeville!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....and let's see if I can remember what HUD said this evening.....think it was only 3 teams had won4 bowls in the last 6 years.......does that sound right? Coach Marlin had some great pics of EP and Long.....WBB to pre season NIT.......Charlie Sonnier put on a nice deal in Abbeville!!!
    Sorry, Hud. No ones impressed with that anymore.

Win a championship.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Sorry, Hud. No ones impressed with that anymore.

Win a championship.
    You are exactly right, but he is doing the right thing for this time of year.

Default Our New AD

Just wondering what is on his plate.....football situation.....softball tourney.......baseball coming up.....getting extra bucks for the Tigue/Russo.....and one that will arise shortly and that is what is our name......it is now put up time and THE TIME for the BS to stop.....the results will be clear in BR this w/e!!!

Default Re: Our New AD

He was at the baseball game Saturday checking out things in the concession area. I introduced myself, wished him well and chatted for a bit. He was very impressed with the new ballpark and the level of support.

We agreed we have a big time college baseball atmosphere.

Just wondering what is on his plate.....football situation.....softball tourney.......baseball coming up.....getting extra bucks for the Tigue/Russo.....and one that will arise shortly and that is what is our name......it is now put up time and THE TIME for the BS to stop.....the results will be clear in BR this w/e!!!
    Our name problem hasn't really been with other schools of late. I pretty much expect that we'll see Louisiana used in-stadium this weekend (though it wouldn't shock me if we didn't just because of who we're talking about). The problem will be whoever's running graphics and calling the games on ESPN to a national audience hyphenating and Lafayette'ing us to death. Because I will guarantee that's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Our name problem hasn't really been with other schools of late. I pretty much expect that we'll see Louisiana used in-stadium this weekend (though it wouldn't shock me if we didn't just because of who we're talking about). The problem will be whoever's running graphics and calling the games on ESPN to a national audience hyphenating and Lafayette'ing us to death. Because I will guarantee that's coming.
    Not a snowballs chance in hell that scoreboard or PA announcer says Louisiana without a Lafayette behind it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by weareLOUISIANA View Post
    Not a snowballs chance in hell that scoreboard or PA announcer says Louisiana without a Lafayette behind it this weekend.
    Agreed and who cares. No in state school is going to start calling us Louisiana anymore than everyone on this board is going to start referring to us as Ohlala. The SBC is on board along with the NCAA and I believe many of the national media outlets will follow suit soon if they haven't already done so.

In the meantime it isn't worth getting worked up about. If some miracle were to happen and we do get Louisiana on the scoreboard then we probably should all go buy lottery tickets.

Because of Louisiana politics and the situation, other schools within the State will be the last ones to recognize UL athletics as "Louisiana". They will fight it as long as they can, but it is obvious we are winning the battle. Rome was not built in a day, but once built, became very powerful!

Blog Entries

I'm guessing you didn't get to talk to the AD when he was in Abbeville last Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm guessing you didn't get to talk to the AD when he was in Abbeville last Thursday?
    ......you know you are right...talked to all but one of the coaches....the hostesses....the Meridonal guys thanking them for the coverage with Ms Minton...lined up Terri's gift for attendance....talked to the administration staff...Next Time!!! Lol

Blog Entries

......you know you are right...talked to all but one of the coaches....the hostesses....the Meridonal guys thanking them for the coverage with Ms Minton...lined up Terri's gift for attendance....talked to the administration staff...Next Time!!! Lol
    Sounds like you were busy but I guess there is only so much Boomer to go around.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

So we got an email telling us that the carovan was coming to Metairie Thursday coming. Two days later we got another email telling us it was postponed due to the softball team getting a NCAA regional bid. I submit this was a 99.999 confidence factor before the first email.

What gives.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So we got an email telling us that the carovan was coming to Metairie Thursday coming. Two days later we got another email telling us it was postponed due to the softball team getting a NCAA regional bid. I submit this was a 99.999 confidence factor before the first email.

What gives.
    Why don't they do one in Baton Rouge in conjunction with the NCAA Softball Regional? We've already got people thinking about UL, we are in the newspaper, interest is high. Make it work. Probably too late now, though.

Just puss the lsu aggies off and chant a&m all night