Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Cajun Field survey ???

Default Re: Cajun Field survey ???

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    Wow!, only RP would find fault in kids having fun at the games. Kids don't care about football, 3 hours is a long time for a kid to watch a game. These kids are making memories and having a blast at cajun field, what the hell is wrong with that! The kids is who will be the fans in a few years.
    No one is saying they can't have fun, we are trying to think of alternate ways for these kids to have fun.

Here is an idea ... just pull those cheap looking shrubs out and the kids can have all the room the want to run around. Nothing is uglier than the white fence in the north end zone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    No one is saying they can't have fun, we are trying to think of alternate ways for these kids to have fun.
    Agreed. Nobody should leave their babysitting needs up to minimum wage security staff of differing levels of care. If a child doesn't want to be there for football, that's a parenting concern, not UL's. The dome blocking off the upper deck was long overdue. Saved staff costs and reduced liability. Hope that follows to Cajun Field.

And it's coming one day, some kid suffers a major injury in the north end zone. UL already took the cardboard sliding away, so they are aware of the liability. Mom and dad claims UL security was lax, and there is their payday. Plenty of lawyers in the stands seeing "neglect". Don't want anyone hurt, but it is the times we live in

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Agreed. Nobody should leave their babysitting needs up to minimum wage security staff of differing levels of care. If a child doesn't want to be there for football, that's a parenting concern, not UL's.

And it's coming one day, some kid suffers a major injury in the north end zone. UL already took the cardboard sliding away, so they are aware of the liability. Mom and dad claims UL security was lax, and there is their payday. Plenty of lawyers in the stands seeing "neglect".
    I don't ever remember as a kid my parents asking my opinion of where we were going, what we were gonna do, how long we would stay or how I would behave while we there...I do not once ever remember that being my decision or them asking my input.

UL already took the cardboard sliding away, so they are aware of the liability.
    and here I am about to finish up my business plan for providing slip-n-slides for the North End Zone.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I don't ever remember as a kid my parents asking my opinion of where we were going, what we were gonna do, how long we would stay or how I would behave while we there...I do not once ever remember that being my decision or them asking my input.
    Well, apparently some people are counting on UL to provide alternative entertainment for their kids. That's not how an FBS program operates. I don't recall any major college or pro team providing babysitting services or playgrounds.

Cajunologist, we did the same. We ponied up for a sitter or didn't go to many events, it's part of being a parent. I've seen many times moms leaving tailgate parties just before kickoffs with kids. Pretty smart on their part.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Well, apparently some people are counting on UL to provide alternative entertainment for their kids. That's not how an FBS program operates. I don't recall any major college or pro team providing babysitting services or playgrounds.
    Other than the minor league park where we played UT that had a carasell in left field or Coastal Carolina which has a sand box down the first base line berm? Yeah, I know it's not football, but it is a kid only installation.

LSU has playgrounds at their baseball stadium.

So no FBS examples? Keep digging. It reeks so, so, so very Southland Conference or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Here is an idea ... just pull those cheap looking shrubs out and the kids can have all the room the want to run around. Nothing is uglier than the white fence in the north end zone anyway.
    exactly, its shrubs. Only RP cares about shrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    exactly, its shrubs. Only RP cares about shrubs.
    its not the shrubs we care about

I wish they'd remove the seatbacks in bleacher seats.

Not much more comfortable and 0 leg room.

Geaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I would love to add large oversized seating and waiter service to that area. Sort of like a small outdoor club experience.

I would also love to see a full time sports bar built behind that endzone that could lease space there. That would be a great hang out during basketball and baseball season also. A lot of baseball parks have done this for years and football stadiums are starting to follow.

Sort of like Texas Tech's new end zone.

http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2016-08-27/what%EF%BF%BDs-new-texas-tech-changes-growth-continue-fall-semester

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Cajun Field survey ???

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post

You're absolutely right. The non chairback section aren't designed for back support.
    Instead of building the N end zone seats rebuild the East section to property fit bench and chair backs as they did in the South end zone. Regardless removing the poorly designed bench backs would go a long way to making those seats again tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I would love to add large oversized seating and waiter service to that area. Sort of like a small outdoor club experience.

I would also love to see a full time sports bar built behind that endzone that could lease space there. That would be a great hang out during basketball and baseball season also. A lot of baseball parks have done this for years and football stadiums are starting to follow.

Sort of like Texas Tech's new end zone.

http://lubbockonline.com/filed-onlin...-fall-semester
    now we're talkin..

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post

After having seats there for over 20 years, we moved to the chair backs because there was absolutely no leg room after the bench backs were added. It looked like a good idea but was not well thought out. They really need to be removed.

Don't they have an end zone complex in the RGL metroplex? And this site took them to task?

Blog Entries

Agreed. Nobody should leave their babysitting needs up to minimum wage security staff of differing levels of care. If a child doesn't want to be there for football, that's a parenting concern, not UL's. The dome blocking off the upper deck was long overdue. Saved staff costs and reduced liability. Hope that follows to Cajun Field.

And it's coming one day, some kid suffers a major injury in the north end zone. UL already took the cardboard sliding away, so they are aware of the liability. Mom and dad claims UL security was lax, and there is their payday. Plenty of lawyers in the stands seeing "neglect". Don't want anyone hurt, but it is the times we live in
    When you see skiing slopes start closing over kid safety, UL needs to begin worrying about kids on levees.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4