Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 81 to 93 of 93

Thread: Another Merger Article

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Nah, that's not going to happen, because it's 'likely' that @ruston moves up to P5.
    No, seriously, that was a post on the coosa thread, lol: old techdawg28 has it all figgered out.....

    http://csnbbs.com/thread-814865-page-54.html
    I have skimmed through all 57 pages of this thread. It sounds like roughly 40% of the fans welcome a regional merger between the two conferences.

    Marshall fans and Tech fans seem to be the most opposed, while USM welcomes it with open arms.

    Tech fans without a doubt see no value in adding the Cajuns. It is only when asked who would you pick between UL (ULL) & ULM that Tech fans choose the Cajuns.

    I relish the opportunity to be in the same conference as Tech. I want every available opportunity to knock them on their ___. Plus it's fun and sells tickets! I don't get it.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,669
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Another Merger Article

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I have skimmed through all 57 pages of this thread. It sounds like roughly 40% of the fans welcome a regional merger between the two conferences.

    Marshall fans and Tech fans seem to be the most opposed, while USM welcomes it with open arms.

    Tech fans without a doubt see no value in adding the Cajuns. It is only when asked who would you pick between UL (ULL) & ULM that Tech fans choose the Cajuns.

    I relish the opportunity to be in the same conference as Tech. I want every available opportunity to knock them on their ___. Plus it's fun and sells tickets! I don't get it.
    I think you answered your own question.

  3. #83
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,458

    Default Re: Another Merger Article

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm not confused. The only thing I recall seeing you saying about LTU or Tulane were observations about who they signed. Maybe that was your way of saying if we were out of the SBC we might've signed these players. But I don't recall you ever saying that plainly.
    ....And again you are wrong...and as stated there were many times I conferred with people about the situation long before it occurred.....I wasn't a WACer, but was on board for a Belt exit!!!

  4. #84
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,403

    Default Re: Another Merger Article

    No evidence


  5. #85
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,458

    Default Re: Another Merger Article

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    No evidence
    ?.....go check the 18K plus posts and you will find it!!! Lol

  6. #86
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,403

    Default Re: Another Merger Article

    Whatever I'm not chasing a
    🦄🦄🦄


  7. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NoBo, La
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I have skimmed through all 57 pages of this thread. It sounds like roughly 40% of the fans welcome a regional merger between the two conferences.

    Marshall fans and Tech fans seem to be the most opposed, while USM welcomes it with open arms.

    Tech fans without a doubt see no value in adding the Cajuns. It is only when asked who would you pick between UL (ULL) & ULM that Tech fans choose the Cajuns.

    I relish the opportunity to be in the same conference as Tech. I want every available opportunity to knock them on their ___. Plus it's fun and sells tickets! I don't get it.
    I wouldn't have a problem adding Cajuns to CUSA. It would reestablish a legit rivalry within the State & would mean a helluva lot more than playing schools like The F_U's....

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,374

    Default Re: Another Merger Article

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem adding Cajuns to CUSA. It would reestablish a legit rivalry within the State & would mean a helluva lot more than playing schools like The F_U's....
    Go post that on barffs and bytes if you really mean it. Feel free to copy and post your post here.

  9. #89
    HoustonCajun's Avatar
    HoustonCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,305

    Default Re: Another Merger Article

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem adding Cajuns to CUSA. It would reestablish a legit rivalry within the State & would mean a helluva lot more than playing schools like The F_U's....
    Restoring an outanding, longstanding rivalry would be good for both programs.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,374

    Default Re: Another Merger Article

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Restoring an outanding, longstanding rivalry would be good for both programs.
    Dawg is lower colon inflating with carbon monoxide, don't think he means that for a second. That's why I challenged him to post it on B&B and copy it here.

    I do agree with your statement in general..

  11. #91
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,673

    Default Re: Another Merger Article

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Schools will make more sound economic decisions if they want to remain competitive. A solid geographic conference is the solution and they are all coming to grips with that now that their revenue stream is gone. Being in the same state with LA Tech won't stop this any more than it stops similar schools in other states like Miss, Bama, Texas, Virginia, or California. Tech will play with us, not ULM. But then ULM will not be a part of this, nor will Little Rock and UTA. I would prefer to not have UTEP and NMSU in the conference because of travel costs. But, if the MWC doesn't take them, UTEP will remain and will need a travel partner. If they stay, UAB and USA go East, as an example. Hell, WKU and MT may prefer to go east instead of UAB and USA. It's all conjecture at this point as to who goes where, but this will happen in some form. The only other question is timing.
    Your argument makes complete sense. Your last sentence is key however. The timing will happen later rather than sooner due to the egos and elitism of many of the players. Some schools will have to near bankruptcy before they come to their senses.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NoBo, La
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Dawg is lower colon inflating with carbon monoxide, don't think he means that for a second. That's why I challenged him to post it on B&B and copy it here.

    I do agree with your statement in general..
    What in the actual ____ dude?!? Take your TiN foil hat off. Here's a concept that will blow your mind....I'm not the same BlueDawg from BBB! Wow!

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    5,537

    Default Re: Another Merger Article

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Your argument makes complete sense. Your last sentence is key however. The timing will happen later rather than sooner due to the egos and elitism of many of the players. Some schools will have to near bankruptcy before they come to their senses.
    This is fine with me as our position only gets stronger as time goes by as we are one of the more financially sound schools in the G5.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •