Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Another Merger Article

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Nah, that's not going to happen, because it's 'likely' that @ruston moves up to P5.
    No, seriously, that was a post on the coosa thread, lol: old techdawg28 has it all figgered out.....

http://csnbbs.com/thread-814865-page-54.html
    I have skimmed through all 57 pages of this thread. It sounds like roughly 40% of the fans welcome a regional merger between the two conferences.

Marshall fans and Tech fans seem to be the most opposed, while USM welcomes it with open arms.

Tech fans without a doubt see no value in adding the Cajuns. It is only when asked who would you pick between UL (ULL) & ULM that Tech fans choose the Cajuns.

I relish the opportunity to be in the same conference as Tech. I want every available opportunity to knock them on their ___. Plus it's fun and sells tickets! I don't get it.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Another Merger Article

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I have skimmed through all 57 pages of this thread. It sounds like roughly 40% of the fans welcome a regional merger between the two conferences.

Marshall fans and Tech fans seem to be the most opposed, while USM welcomes it with open arms.

Tech fans without a doubt see no value in adding the Cajuns. It is only when asked who would you pick between UL (ULL) & ULM that Tech fans choose the Cajuns.

I relish the opportunity to be in the same conference as Tech. I want every available opportunity to knock them on their ___. Plus it's fun and sells tickets! I don't get it.
    I think you answered your own question.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm not confused. The only thing I recall seeing you saying about LTU or Tulane were observations about who they signed. Maybe that was your way of saying if we were out of the SBC we might've signed these players. But I don't recall you ever saying that plainly.
    ....And again you are wrong...and as stated there were many times I conferred with people about the situation long before it occurred.....I wasn't a WACer, but was on board for a Belt exit!!!

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

No evidence

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    No evidence
    ?.....go check the 18K plus posts and you will find it!!! Lol

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Whatever I'm not chasing a
    🦄🦄🦄

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post

I wouldn't have a problem adding Cajuns to CUSA. It would reestablish a legit rivalry within the State & would mean a helluva lot more than playing schools like The F_U's....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem adding Cajuns to CUSA. It would reestablish a legit rivalry within the State & would mean a helluva lot more than playing schools like The F_U's....
    Go post that on barffs and bytes if you really mean it. Feel free to copy and post your post here.

HoustonCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Restoring an outanding, longstanding rivalry would be good for both programs.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Restoring an outanding, longstanding rivalry would be good for both programs.
    Dawg is lower colon inflating with carbon monoxide, don't think he means that for a second. That's why I challenged him to post it on B&B and copy it here.

I do agree with your statement in general..

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Schools will make more sound economic decisions if they want to remain competitive. A solid geographic conference is the solution and they are all coming to grips with that now that their revenue stream is gone. Being in the same state with LA Tech won't stop this any more than it stops similar schools in other states like Miss, Bama, Texas, Virginia, or California. Tech will play with us, not ULM. But then ULM will not be a part of this, nor will Little Rock and UTA. I would prefer to not have UTEP and NMSU in the conference because of travel costs. But, if the MWC doesn't take them, UTEP will remain and will need a travel partner. If they stay, UAB and USA go East, as an example. Hell, WKU and MT may prefer to go east instead of UAB and USA. It's all conjecture at this point as to who goes where, but this will happen in some form. The only other question is timing.
    Your argument makes complete sense. Your last sentence is key however. The timing will happen later rather than sooner due to the egos and elitism of many of the players. Some schools will have to near bankruptcy before they come to their senses.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Dawg is lower colon inflating with carbon monoxide, don't think he means that for a second. That's why I challenged him to post it on B&B and copy it here.

I do agree with your statement in general..
    What in the actual ____ dude?!? Take your TiN foil hat off. Here's a concept that will blow your mind....I'm not the same BlueDawg from BBB! Wow!

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Your argument makes complete sense. Your last sentence is key however. The timing will happen later rather than sooner due to the egos and elitism of many of the players. Some schools will have to near bankruptcy before they come to their senses.
    This is fine with me as our position only gets stronger as time goes by as we are one of the more financially sound schools in the G5.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5