Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Another Merger Article

Default Another Merger Article

Sun Herald USM beat reporter pens another article urging a CUSA- SBC merger.

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/spt-...144813204.html

Default Re: Another Merger Article

You have to think with more smoke coming up recently surrounding this issue, there has to be a little fire somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    You have to think with more smoke coming up recently surrounding this issue, there has to be a little fire somewhere!
    That's what im thinking!

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Another Merger Article

With so much smoke coming from South Mississippi perhaps USM is stressing. They're losing millions on the new contract. That cannot be a good thing for a program used to bigger basketball and TV checks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    With so much smoke coming from Hattiesburg perhaps USM is stressing. They're losing millions on the new contract. That cannot be a good thing for a program used to bigger basketball and TV checks.
    Bingo

We have 3.5 years to get our ducks in a row cause the CFB landscape will turned on its head

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We have 3.5 years to get our ducks in a row cause the CFB landscape will turned on its head
    Is T-Joe aware of this?

Is T-Joe aware of this?
    Why do you think Jim Harris, Mike Alden and Dr. Maggard are now on campus...

Is T-Joe aware of this?
    Absolutely! The recent shake up in the AD office is all I need to know to understand we are taking this VERY seriously. In five years we will be in the same conference as: LTUR, USM, Rice & etc...ULM on the other hand will drop down to FCS. Once this shake up is complete it will stay that way for a very long time. I for one am excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Absolutely! The recent shake up in the AD office is all I need to know to understand we are taking this VERY seriously. In five years we will be in the same conference as: LTUR, USM, Rice & etc...ULM on the other hand will drop down to FCS. Once this shake up is complete it will stay that way for a very long time. I for one am excited!
    I would not be surprised if the Iowa states & Rutgers of the world will drop to G5

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I would not be surprised if the Iowa states & Rutgers of the world will drop to G5
    ISU, at least, will not drop. They bring too much to the table. ISU has not been successful in football, but they have had reasonably good success in hoops, and they are a wrestling power, along with beaning at least competitive in their other sports.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    ISU, at least, will not drop. They bring too much to the table. ISU has not been successful in football, but they have had reasonably good success in hoops, and they are a wrestling power, along with beaning at least competitive in their other sports.
    I like their fanbase; they are always involved in their particular sport and they represent well.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Is T-Joe aware of this?
    If some kind of merger happens, one of the presidents cited as leading the charge will be Dr. Savoie.

He's been working the phone for quite a while on this, or so I hear.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    What he said.....

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Is T-Joe aware of this?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Why do you think Jim Harris, Mike Alden and Dr. Maggard are now on campus...
    Can anyone still have doubts that he is on top of this?

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Sun Herald USM beat reporter pens another article urging a CUSA- SBC merger.

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/spt-...144813204.html
    While we are all interested in another "merger" coming article, what I found interesting was the highlight of some of the problems with the current setup. The travel costs involved with having the athletes in minor sports go from El Paso Texas to West Virginia or South Florida is significant. That happens throughout all of CUSA and in the Sun Belt as well. Eventually, that will put so much of a dent in the budgets of schools a change will be required. I also wonder if eventually politicians will get involved as public money is being used for this travel and student tuition in many cases. When they were getting a better TV deal, it made a little sense but makes none now. Still, it is foolish to send volleyball players that far to play one 3 set match. No way does that help them academically. For the first time in many years, finances might trump egos. Egos is why we don't have better scheduling. Following the initial movement of schools from the SBC to CUSA, there was an unofficial policy those who left should not play SBC schools as that was going "backwards". Seems only place that policy has led to us bankruptcy.

It's seems sort of ironic that it appears CUSA will be the one to come crawling to the Sun Belt to bail them out if all of this comes down as written!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Can anyone still have doubts that he is on top of this?
    Silence is both golden and deafening at the same time. Nice move.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Another Merger Article

It's seems sort of ironic that it appears CUSA will be the one to come crawling to the Sun Belt to bail them out if all of this comes down as written!
    CUSA with more schools splitting a similar number of dollars. SBC should be leery of any movement to bailout CUSA. Being part of CUSA or SBC sadly is heads or tails of the same penny. We need to be prepared for the major shift coming to all G5 schools. We'd better get this right.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast