Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Partnerships between breweries, universities under fire in House Bill 610

Default Re: Partnerships between breweries, universities under fire in House Bill 610

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    This state needs to quit being our moms and dads. Be pro business, pro education, anti corruption, anti pork barrel.
    You're asking for quite a bit aren't you?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Partnerships between breweries, universities under fire in House Bill 610

I see where SELA has followed LSU and Tulane's lead in following UL's lead.

http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db_330682/con...tguid=uOUbBwbt

"For health reasons, for moral reasons, for religious reasons, Glover said he vowed at that moment to use one of his five allotted bills in a legislative session that's supposed to focus on fiscal matters, to ban public universities from licensing "official" alcoholic beverages. His House Bill 610 also would forbid LSU and UL-Lafayette from renewing the contracts with local brewers when they expire."

There are moral issues here? Coming from the guy who goes to church 3 times a week but has 3 girlfriends? You're going to cite health issues as a reason for your stance? Really? We all know that just about everything in life needs moderation or it can be unfavorable to our bodies and well being and alcohol is no exception. You got to have better reasons than that to make this thing stick.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I really wish I wouldn't have read this.

Incompetent, imbecilic and hypocritic on PREMIUM levels. Wonder why Louisiana is in the bottom of these here great United States in any category that means anything? Look at these "elected" officials. I'd trust RP to run the state better.
    Hire Scott Farmer!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I never said I was the fastest moderator but sometimes I do catch things early. Still, you agreed to not swear when you registered.

But you are right, clean smack talk has not been banned, and it may go unnoticed but those from the outside who cannot abide are eventually limited.
    With all due respect Turbine, you've removed posts that were void of cursing and swearing. I've posted before and even questioned to you where my posts went with no true answer and they had no direct cursing or swearing at anyone. I get MAT's point as we have these goof balls that come on this site with no good intentions and they are allowed to post at will but we've had posts deleted or moved with no explanation as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    Then he is pretty much alone. The powers that be at Tech do NOT want alcohol generally available at sporting events, which is stupid. Thus, they will certainly resist having the university associated with beer, which is more stupid.

Glover is trying to find a way to line his pockets. Probably by forcing a brewer into making an official beer for Grambling.
    If your last statement here is true, how does that line his pockets?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    With all due respect Turbine, you've removed posts that were void of cursing and swearing. I've posted before and even questioned to you where my posts went with no true answer and they had no direct cursing or swearing at anyone. I get MAT's point as we have these goof balls that come on this site with no good intentions and they are allowed to post at will but we've had posts deleted or moved with no explanation as to why.
    Well to date, I have not deleted any posts criticizing me, so there's that.

Some of yours were not for anything you said per say, but the fact that you were replying to a post that deserved deleting. After deleting the culprit I didn't want you to look like you were talking to nobody.

I thought I was doing you a favor.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5