Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Partnerships between breweries, universities under fire in House Bill 610

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Partnerships between breweries, universities under fire in House Bill 610

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou...6338e7669.html

"With much fanfare, LSU and the University of Louisiana joined a growing trend of allowing brewers to pay them for making "official beers."Reading that news in his Shreveport kitchen, Democratic Rep. Cedric Glover said he was appalled. "It struck me deep in my heart. This is wrong.""

Default Re: Partnerships between breweries, universities under fire in House Bill 610

WOW, just WOW!!!!!

Get a _______ life dude!

Default Re: Partnerships between breweries, universities under fire in House Bill 610

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post

"With much fanfare, LSU and the University of Louisiana joined a growing trend of allowing brewers to pay them for making "official beers."Reading that news in his Shreveport kitchen, Democratic Rep. Cedric Glover said he was appalled. "It struck me deep in my heart. This is wrong.""
    And this is the problem with Louisiana.... We will come up with the dumbest things in the world to stifle business and do absolutely nothing to combat some of the problems noted in the article.

Glover says it is wrong for health reasons, moral reasons, and religious reasons but he has no problem advocating on behalf of the gaming industry in Louisiana. Hypocrite.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Of the numerous issues that we face in our state, these are the things our elected officials want to dedicate their time to? Disruption of a mutually beneficial business relationship between a university and private entirety. What's next, using tax dollars to take down historic statues? Wait....

(Not intended to derail the thread to talk about monument removal.)

God I wish we could cut off the north half of this state

Dude is just mad that no one wants to name their beer after Tech so they could profit from it ... oh wait, nevermind ....

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post

Welcome to Louisiana, where we rank in the bottom 2 of every important statistic but our politicians make important decisions with their heart.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    And this is the problem with Louisiana.... We will come up with the dumbest things in the world to stifle business and do absolutely nothing to combat some of the problems noted in the article.

Glover says it is wrong for health reasons, moral reasons, and religious reasons but he has no problem advocating on behalf of the gaming industry in Louisiana. Hypocrite.
    I was thinking the same thing. Glover believes in separation of church and state, but now he is using his moral compass on the subject of alcohol while his hands are dirty with the gaming industry. I don't have a problem with debate on the subject, but he's lost any credibility on the subject when objecting to the agreements for moral reasons.

His bill will be DOA in committee. The House has bigger things to swig right now like trying to hold off an avalanche of new taxes.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

He wants to stop universities from marketing and receiving money from outside sources, but I am sure he will vote to cut higher education budgets.

the Shreveport area shrank more than any other metro area in the nation. The area's GMP fell by 11% during his watch as Mayor

I grew up in Arkansas so I understand the deep seeded fear harbored by the dominate religious factions there. They sit on their front porch and look for anyone having fun . . . . and make sure to stamp it out! Prohibition and dry counties/parishes do not work. You simply allow an adjacent county/parish to reap the economic benefits but you can feel good about not being evil. Forcing your religious proclivities on everyone else. Why would a state legislator want to pass legislation that would prohibit a business opportunity that helps both a local business and a local university? It is a win/win situation for everyone involved but he was struck deep in his heart. No wonder we are virtually last (thanks Mississippi) in almost every state ranking of anything that matters.

Thank God LSU also has a licensed beer. If it was just Ragin Cajun ale fighting this alone we might be in trouble.

This legislator is one of the reasons why, when I become governor, I will champion a bill giving everything north of Pineville to Arkansas.
    #Auzenne2019 #Can'tDoAnyWorse

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post
    This legislator is one of the reasons why, when I become governor, I will champion a bill giving everything north of Pineville to Arkansas.
    #Auzenne2019 #Can'tDoAnyWorse
    I agree with this proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Thank God LSU also has a licensed beer. If it was just Ragin Cajun ale fighting this alone we might be in trouble.
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Just wait, they will find a way to make sure that only LSU is able to have a licensed beer...

This dude needs to have Ragin Cajun Ale (or several) and just chill out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post

Glover says it is wrong for health reasons,
    Have you ever seen his fat ___? 300+ lbs of pure lard.

http://beerstreetjournal.com/tin-roof-bayou-bengal/

does their's only come in cans? seems like they were late to the party as well.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast