Thread: Cajuns named to Southside coaching staff

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Cajuns named to Southside coaching staff

Quite a few Cajun connections at the new Southside High School.

Brad Boyd, Dwayne Searle, Linzey Cifreo.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/s...ear/100123310/

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajuns named to Southside coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Quite a few Cajun connections at the new Southside High School.

Brad Boyd, Dwayne Searle, Linzey Cifreo.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/s...ear/100123310/
    Glad for Brad in that he will be able to be closer to his family in his new job. Comeaux has been strong in basketball since the Heyward Register years. Wonder if having a quality coach at Southside will make it hard for them to keep up their recent success.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I think Soutside will be hard pressed to be successful. Time will tell

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I think Soutside will be hard pressed to be successful. Time will tell
    They'll compete as a JV program the first 2 years until they can get can become a full 4 year high school. Freshmen and Sophomores in the fall.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

By success I'm talking district titles and going deep into the state playoffs. Of course with the new championship format anything can happen.

Grapevine says that players leaving for Southside from Comeaux are being harassed by coaches. Things are getting ugly.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Grapevine says that players leaving for Southside from Comeaux are being harassed by coaches. Things are getting ugly.....
    I went to Acadiana High School and it sounds like what I was told about Lafayette High and Acadiana High when Lafayette High split many years ago which started the rivalry.

Not up to date on how this works. Would athletes/students not have to attend the specific school theyre zoned for?

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Not up to date on how this works. Would athletes/students not have to attend the specific school theyre zoned for?
    I believe sophomores and juniors at Comeaux stay there while current freshmen will move over to Southside unless they are in a school of choice program at Comeaux or request a hardship waiver to stay.

SHS will only have 9th/10th grade in the first year.

So I'm not sure how much of a choice some have. Of course, you can always have people registering kids at a relative's home in a different zone, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Not sure about every situation but you are correct that some don't have a choice.

I think 5-10 years down the road south side could be competitive. The demographic in youngsville is very young right now. Mostly young people with kids not yet high school age.

Blog Entries

Not sure about every situation but you are correct that some don't have a choice.
    This is correct. I'm in the process of requesting a hardship waiver for my youngest current school next year.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    So I'm not sure how much of a choice some have. Of course, you can always have people registering kids at a relative's home in a different zone, etc.
    Surely that kind of thing doesn't happen in the public school system! Only evil private schools participate is such things! 😜

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    By success I'm talking district titles and going deep into the state playoffs. Of course with the new championship format anything can happen.
    Keep in mind that kids in Broussard will be zoned for Southside High School. Some of the better athletes at Comeaux have historically come from Broussard. Comeaux will have kids in the Milton and Plantation areas attending it going forward. Comeaux was just getting to big to adequately educate the students there. I say that as a member of the 7th graduating class the school had in 1974.