Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to AAC ?

Default Wichita State to AAC ?

I saw this on the CSNBBS website.

According to:http://www.kake.com/story/35069813/s...itter_KAKEnews

"Wichita State University will leave the Missouri Valley Conference and become a member of the American Athletic Conference, a WSU Athletic Department source tells KAKE News. The source said WSU will begin play in all sports in the AAC in the 2017-18 school year."

Default Re: Wichita State to AAC

"all sports"???

Potential program revivals[edit]

In 1992, a study was done on Cessna Stadium to comply with I-A football standards. It was shown that $24 million in improvements were needed.[14]

In 1997, the cost was cited at $11 million to restart the football program and three other women's sports.[15]

In 1998, an advisory committee at Wichita State recommended reinstating the football program at Wichita State after a 15-month study for $70,000.[16]

In 2006, Wichita Mayor Carlos Mayans proposed to use public funds to restart the football program at Wichita State. He would subsequently drop the plan weeks later.[17][18]

In 2012, an attempt was made to begin a club-level football team at Wichita State with hopes of eventually reviving the football program, though no official endorsement was given by the university.[19]

Does this mean UCONN is leaving??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Does this mean UCONN is leaving??
    I'm sure they want to join a power conference for the sake of their basketball program, but there is a place for Wichita State because Navy is football-only.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    I'm sure they want to join a power conference for the sake of their basketball program, but there is a place for Wichita State because Navy is football-only.
    The AAC is no longer considered a power conference, but the addition of Wichita State is a step back toward that status. With the Shockers, the AAC has 9 teams in the top 140 RPI, 5 in the top 100, 3 in the top 30. That will get your conference some respect.

Little Rock could be a replacement candidate. They currently are an affiliate MVC conference member. Maybe the MVC invites Little Rock and UTA to join.

We could go independent in football and join the MVC in all other sports. Que CajunNation and Darth Vader. :-)

You mean you actually have to plan and take action to move to another conference?

A Power point presentation does not work by itself? Shocking developments!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Little Rock could be a replacement candidate. They currently are an affiliate MVC conference member. Maybe the MVC invites Little Rock and UTA to join.
    That would be a good move for Little Rock; they need to get out of the S-BC, well we need them out.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I saw this on the CSNBBS website.

According to:http://www.kake.com/story/35069813/s...itter_KAKEnews

"Wichita State University will leave the Missouri Valley Conference and become a member of the American Athletic Conference, a WSU Athletic Department source tells KAKE News. The source said WSU will begin play in all sports in the AAC in the 2017-18 school year."
    Dam! One more year and Marlin would have gotten us in the AAC!

I actually think this move devalues the AAC some. To me a conference that participants in FBS football but has a non football member/s is bush league. If we have to be stuck in the Sun Belt for the foreseeable future please make it an all football member league...none of this UTA / Little Rock BS. CC will join football in '19?

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: Wichita State to AAC

If we lost LR and UTA? Stay pat? Add two? NMSU and Missouri State? Two move ups in the east?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If we lost LR and UTA? Stay pat? Add two? NMSU and Missouri State? Two move ups in the east?
    Only if Missouri State is playing FBS...enough of this non football stuff.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They're playing football, but FCS. They're almost six hundred hard miles from Lafayette, NMSU around eleven hundred. Of course anything in the east would be FCS and more miles. So I'm thinking staying at ten. More money for everyone.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I actually think this move devalues the AAC some. To me a conference that participants in FBS football but has a non football member/s is bush league. If we have to be stuck in the Sun Belt for the foreseeable future please make it an all football member league...none of this UTA / Little Rock BS. CC will join football in '19?
    No. Anytime a non P5 can add a top 50 basketball program, it is an upgrade. WSU is a well established top tier program. They will bring both prestige and cash to the AAC.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    No. Anytime a non P5 can add a top 50 basketball program, it is an upgrade. WSU is a well established top tier program. They will bring both prestige and cash to the AAC.
    That's all good and dandy...move up to FBS while you're at it.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post

Wichita State is above a Top 50 basketball program. They are a top 25 program and were in the Top 10 a couple of years ago. They will absolutely help the AAC when you consider the NCAA tournament is one of the biggest money makers the NCAA has. Not all athletic decisions involve football.

Lord help me. SBC needs to stop being the step up conference. By allowing programs to "step up", it just adds one more team to the mix looking to "move out". When I see Missouri State or any other FCS programs mentioned, I just got to puke. It's bad enough we are stuck, why add more dung to the pile?

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    We could go independent in football and join the MVC in all other sports. Que CajunNation and Darth Vader. :-)
    Well, the Death Star is not what it used to be, and it appears the Force is with the SBC for now.

Remember, just a few years ago, the MVC had Wichita, Creighton, and Saint Louis. The bloom is definitely off of that rose.

As for the SBC, we have a rising football status, a rising RPI for basketball, and a National Champion in baseball. I'm intrigued. Think we should see where this goes a little longer before we call in Vader.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Lord help me. SBC needs to stop being the step up conference. By allowing programs to "step up", it just adds one more team to the mix looking to "move out". When I see Missouri State or any other FCS programs mentioned, I just got to puke. It's bad enough we are stuck, why add more dung to the pile?
    I used to think Mo State would be a viable candidate as recent as last week. However, after doing a little research, they are having money problems and I don't see them capable of transitioning to FBS anymore.

This is not to say we shouldn't add.

Remember, you only expand for 2 reasons.

1- Because you have to for survival. This no longer applies to us.

2- To improve your league. We can still do this. The only add that would get the votes would be an NMSU/James Madison package.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast