Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball rpi

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    A single win by Saint Peter's will not be much of a boost at this point. But going 15-5 the rest of the way and I think the Cajuns will be in decent shape ... especially if they can win the Sun Belt regular season title.

Brian
    Thanks!

Default Re: Baseball rpi

A single win by Saint Peter's will not be much of a boost at this point. But going 15-5 the rest of the way and I think the Cajuns will be in decent shape ... especially if they can win the Sun Belt regular season title.

Brian
    A win by Saint Peter's over hapless NJIT this week would result in a small RPI increase of .0022 ... but would be good enough to leap five spots in the RPI to #65, due to the teams in this region of the RPI being relatively packed.

Brian

A win by Saint Peter's over hapless NJIT this week would result in a small RPI increase of .0022 ... but would be good enough to leap five spots in the RPI to #65, due to the teams in this region of the RPI being relatively packed.
    Brian
    WOW!!! The Cajuns may move into the top 25 if Saint Pete's could ever get on a 2 game winning streak! LOL!

Brian
    You started my day out with a good laugh. Calling 3 win NJIT hapless compared to zero win St. Pete's. Thanks, I sincerely appreciate it.

Let's Geaux, P-Cocks!

If happleser-to-this-point St Pete's happens to beat just-plain-old-hapless NJIT, here's hoping they also play whichever happlessest team(s) NJIT beat for their three wins.

Blog Entries

They remind me of the grown up version of the old "Bad news Bears" show

I know this has been talked about already...but I wonder what things would look like if we scheduled any team from the southland (or any team of that caliber) and we went 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You started my day out with a good laugh. Calling 3 win NJIT hapless compared to zero win St. Pete's. Thanks, I sincerely appreciate it.
    A virtual line in the sand. If Saint Peter's cannot this one ...

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I know this has been talked about already...but I wonder what things would look like if we scheduled any team from the southland (or any team of that caliber) and we went 2-1.
    ... or did not schedule them at all (as I illustrated a few weeks ago). And if you must play someone, call Louisiana College (as LSU did) or any of the myriad of non D1 teams in Texas.

Brian

... or did not schedule them at all (as I illustrated a few weeks ago). And if you must play someone, call Louisiana College (as LSU did) or any of the myriad of non D1 teams in Texas.

Brian
    The answer would be a current RPI ranking of 50.

Brian

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The answer would be a current RPI ranking of 50.

Brian
    Would a non-D1 game just not count in the RPI formula?

So just playing St. Peter's has hurt our RPI by over 20 points? Brutal. Robe and Bab need to consult with Brian when a decision is made on these out of state, out of conference games. We are building the new stadium with the expectation of hosting regionals and sometimes super regionals. Just an error in who you schedule can prevent that from happening.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Brian
    Tieing this to basketball. We have trouble getting home games and some have called for paying for D1 teams to come to the CajunDome. Often we are better off just playing a non D1 in those situations as the result is not factored into the RPI. The only D1 schools we could get to come to us would often hurt our RPI even with a victory. That appears to be the situation we were faced with St. Peter's. Playing a non D1 team would have been better as it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Would a non-D1 game just not count in the RPI formula?
    As long as they do not play more than three games ... and do not lose. Even if they did, it would not hurt them nearly as much as playing Saint Peter's.

Brian

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

As long as they do not play more than three games ... and do not lose. Even if they did, it would not hurt them nearly as much as playing Saint Peter's.

Brian
    This situation illustrates the problem with relying so heavily on RPI for decisions. It is largely a ranking based upon schedule which teams have little control over at times. That is why basketball is moving to a system in which other ranking criteria will be used in addition to the RPI. Situation is especially acute in basketball due to the refusal of the major schools to go on the road to play the non majors. That is not as much of a factor in baseball due to the 56 game schedule. Brian, do you know if college baseball is considering using other tools beyond the RPI in making tournament decisions going forward?

Saint Peter's already down 8-1 in the 3rd to 3-28 NJIT

Quote Originally Posted by rc0909 View Post
    Saint Peter's already down 8-1 in the 3rd to 3-28 NJIT
    Can't make this stuff up

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    The petitcocks are looking to give it a run
    Lost 1-17.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    Lost 1-17.
    Yikes

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast