Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball rpi

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    If the Cajuns had not played Saint Peter's, they would have an RPI of .56318 ... good for a rank of #45 at present (vs. #70).

Given that Saint Peter's is now 0-11, a win this weekend (or a sweep) has much less effect than it would have two or three weeks ago. If Saint Peter's were to miraculously sweep Rider at home this weekend, it would bump the Cajuns' RPI to .55558 (at present) ... good for a present ranking of #60.

Brian
    We've played 3 game series against teams from the north in the past. Towson, Sacred Heart, Stony Brook, LeMoyne. Someone who's mascot was the St. Bernard. Or was it St. Bernard Saints? And other not good historical teams like Central Michigan, Eastern Illinois, Alcorn, Jackson State (2014 regional, may we forget?) just to name a few from recent memory. I've been asking myself since the schedule came out.....why the hell did we agree to play Saint Peters knowing they are so bad historically and would hurt us RPI wise? I get that scheduled and agreements are made years in advance sometimes, but this is nuts. Were we limited in our agreements? Did someone mess up? Was NP Moss already locked into an agreement?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We've played 3 game series against teams from the north in the past. Towson, Sacred Heart, Stony Brook, LeMoyne. Someone who's mascot was the St. Bernard. Or was it St. Bernard Saints? And other not good historical teams like Central Michigan, Eastern Illinois, Alcorn, Jackson State (2014 regional, may we forget?) just to name a few from recent memory. I've been asking myself since the schedule came out.....why the hell did we agree to play Saint Peters knowing they are so bad historically and would hurt us RPI wise? I get that scheduled and agreements are made years in advance sometimes, but this is nuts. Were we limited in our agreements? Did someone mess up? Was NP Moss already locked into an agreement?
    Bab said they were faced with playing Sacred Heart or have an open weekend. No other teams were available that weekend. They elected to play versus being idle.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Baseball rpi

Nobody would be worried about St Peters if we'd taken care of teams we should have. Then we'd be bit chin about not being a top eight seed, but the primary problem has been ineffective bats, and inconsistent mid week pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    Bab said they were faced with playing Sacred Heart or have an open weekend. No other teams were available that weekend. They elected to play versus being idle.
    As I have stated ... non D1 teams are an option here in lieu of an open weekend.

Brian

Be a peacock St. Peters. Please be a peacock.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    As I have stated ... non D1 teams are an option here in lieu of an open weekend.

Brian
    Good idea. 10 DII teams in Tejas.

Blog Entries

Looks like st peters play a double header today against rider today at noon and at 1500 hrs. Praying for 2 wins!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Be a peacock St. Peters. Please be a peacock.

You gotta let em fly!

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    You gotta let em fly!
    Oh. There's no doubt.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Nobody would be worried about St Peters if we'd taken care of teams we should have. Then we'd be bit chin about not being a top eight seed, but the primary problem has been ineffective bats, and inconsistent mid week pitching.
    I agree about taking care of business. Those dropped games against SMiss, Tech, Southeastern hurt. Still, the peacocks aren't helping our case one RPI point.

Aaaaaaand St. Peter's losses to Rider today by the score of 15-1 to drop to 0-12 on the season. Yuck....

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Aaaaaaand St. Peter's losses to Rider today by the score of 15-1 to drop to 0-12 on the season. Yuck....
    Lol it's getting comical

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I agree about taking care of business. Those dropped games against SMiss, Tech, Southeastern hurt. Still, the peacocks aren't helping our case one RPI point.
    Ditto! Worse than the Peacocks, is the fact that I just got my Baseball Parking pass from my pile of mail! 4/8/17! That's how one knows they have been working TOO MUCH! It was NOT sent late I just dug it up late!

Rider scores 5 runs SO FAR in the top 1st v. St. Peters. 2 outs, though. 6-0 Rider after 1/2 inning.

Rider scores 5 runs SO FAR in the top 1st v. St. Peters. 2 outs, though. 6-0 Rider after 1/2 inning.
    So bad... at least it can't get worse than 0.000... which is where it might stay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    So bad... at least it can't get worse than 0.000... which is where it might stay.
    Has a D-1 baseball team ever went an entire season without winning a game? Almost seems impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Has a D-1 baseball team ever went an entire season without winning a game? Almost seems impossible.
    The petitcocks are looking to give it a run

Rider picks clean Peacocks 28-4 in 7 innings slaughter rule game 1.

Rider up 1-0 2nd inning game 2

Rider pivcks clean Peacocks 28-4 in 7 innings slaughter rule game 1.

Rider up 1-0 2nd inning game 2
    It reminds me of that South Park episode where the kids tried to lose so they could stop playing

I am guessing only RPI effect of the tie is that we get Coastal Carolina contribution to our OWP and OOWP one more (a third) time.

CC at USA next weekend should be interesting series.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast