Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 420

Thread: Baseball rpi

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,745

    UL Baseball Baseball rpi

    Today's Sun Belt rankings:

    Through Games of March 28, 2017
    Generated: Wednesday 03/29/17 02:03 AM

    77 74 South Ala. Sun Belt 15-10-0 4-7-0 3-2-0 8-1-0 0-0-0
    81 96 Louisiana Sun Belt 14-9-0 6-4-0 1-1-0 7-4-0 0-0-0
    88 77 Texas St. Sun Belt 16-9-0 4-2-0 0-0-0 12-7-0 0-0-0
    91 84 Appalachian St. Sun Belt 10-15-0 5-8-0 3-3-0 2-4-0 0-0-0
    100 102 Coastal Caro. Sun Belt 15-10-0 2-3-0 0-0-0 13-7-0 0-0-0
    106 116 Ga. Southern Sun Belt 15-10-0 7-4-0 0-0-0 8-6-0 0-0-0
    124 126 Troy Sun Belt 13-10-0 5-3-0 1-2-0 7-5-0 0-0-0
    141 143 UT Arlington Sun Belt 12-14-0 7-4-0 2-1-0 3-9-0 0-0-0
    185 181 Georgia St. Sun Belt 11-13-0 2-7-0 2-2-0 7-4-0 0-0-0
    206 200 La.-Monroe Sun Belt 8-18-0 3-14-0 0-0-0 5-4-0 0-0-0
    210 219 Little Rock Sun Belt 9-16-0 2-12-0 0-0-0 7-4-0 0-0-0
    244 252 Arkansas St. Sun Belt 12-12-0 3-6-0 0-0-0 9-6-0 0-0-0

    I guess beating McNeese helped.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,263

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    Four teams inside top 100. Good Lord.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,745

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Four teams inside top 100. Good Lord.
    I'm unhappy that...

    1. it's only 4 and
    2. no one is near at large status.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,021

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I'm unhappy that...

    1. it's only 4 and
    2. no one is near at large status.
    The RPI is still early for many teams ... partly because connectivity is still not strong ... and because certain factors are affecting some teams more than others. For example, the point I surfaced several weeks ago ...
    If Saint Peter's can actually get some games in (another ppd yesterday) ... win a few ... and remove that boat anchor of a three game weighted .000 RPI contribution, you will see a healthy lift to the Cajuns' RPI. Saint Peter's winning today will take them to 1-5 overall and move the contribution to the Cajuns' OWP from .00000 to .33333.

    But certainly ... I have been concerned about the Sun Belt conference and their impact on the Cajuns' RPI. Not because of the RPI rankings, but because of the poor OOC play, which will damage the Cajuns.

    Brian

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,263

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    St. Peters can't possibly lose every game, but it's not good when we are paying attention to St. Peters in context of our RPI.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,021

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    St. Peters can't possibly lose every game, but it's not good when we are paying attention to St. Peters in context of our RPI.
    Only because the Saint Peter's situation is an anomaly at present ... and therefore prevents us from having a realistic view of Louisiana's RPI. Unless of course, they do lose every game. :-)

    Once Saint Peter's settles into its season and is not a mere 0-2 .000 OWP contributor to the Cajuns, the focus on Saint Peter's will fade into the pool of our other opponents.

    Brian

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,263

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    We have moved up from 110+ to the 80's in a week. Hopefully that continues. It seems the RPI games remaining will be yuuuuge.


  8. #8
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,034

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Only because the Saint Peter's situation is an anomaly at present ... and therefore prevents us from having a realistic view of Louisiana's RPI. Unless of course, they do lose every game. :-)

    Once Saint Peter's settles into its season and is not a mere 0-2 .000 OWP contributor to the Cajuns, the focus on Saint Peter's will fade into the pool of our other opponents.

    Brian
    I was just looking at Saint Peter's schedule. I don't know how they even function as a team with the number of postponements and cancellations.

    5 games played (1 was a makeup of postponement)
    5 games postponed
    2 games canceled

    Their two midweek games this week were postponed. One for rain/field conditions and one for scheduling conflict.

    They have a weekend series vs Niagara this weekend finally.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,021

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I was just looking at Saint Peter's schedule. I don't know how they even function as a team with the number of postponements and cancellations.

    5 games played (1 was a makeup of postponement)
    5 games postponed
    2 games canceled

    Their two midweek games this week were postponed. One for rain/field conditions and one for scheduling conflict.

    They have a weekend series vs Niagara this weekend finally.
    Just brutal. They have played one game since the series in Lafayette.

    While they were unable to play the Fordham game this week ... it does look like the Lehigh game was moved from today to tomorrow. We definitely want them to play Lehigh.

    Brian

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,021

    UL Baseball Re: Baseball rpi

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Just brutal. They have played one game since the series in Lafayette.

    While they were unable to play the Fordham game this week ... it does look like the Lehigh game was moved from today to tomorrow. We definitely want them to play Lehigh.

    Brian
    As an example ... if Saint Peter's were to defeat Lehigh tomorrow (running their record to 1-5), the Cajuns would move from an RPI ranking of #81 to #57 as the RPI stands today for other teams. Two wins would take them to #43.

    Brian

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,263

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    As an example ... if Saint Peter's were to defeat Lehigh tomorrow (running their record to 1-5), the Cajuns would move from an RPI ranking of #81 to #57 as the RPI stands today for other teams. Two wins would take them to #43.

    Brian
    I just ordered 10 pounds of Throwdown on Amazon Prime for the Peacocks. Strut yo stuff. Let's Geaux Peacocks!!!!


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,745

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    Cajuns drop down to 88 after the losses to SE.

    http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weekly...17MBArpi3.html

    72 77 South Ala. Sun Belt 15-10-0 4-7-0 3-2-0 8-1-0 0-0-0
    88 81 Louisiana Sun Belt 14-11-0 6-6-0 1-1-0 7-4-0 0-0-0
    91 88 Texas St. Sun Belt 16-9-0 4-2-0 0-0-0 12-7-0 0-0-0
    95 91 Appalachian St. Sun Belt 10-15-0 5-8-0 3-3-0 2-4-0 0-0-0
    99 100 Coastal Caro. Sun Belt 16-10-0 2-3-0 0-0-0 14-7-0 0-0-0
    104 106 Ga. Southern Sun Belt 15-10-0 7-4-0 0-0-0 8-6-0 0-0-0
    135 124 Troy Sun Belt 13-10-0 5-3-0 1-2-0 7-5-0 0-0-0
    144 141 UT Arlington Sun Belt 12-14-0 7-4-0 2-1-0 3-9-0 0-0-0
    201 185 Georgia St. Sun Belt 11-14-0 2-7-0 2-2-0 7-5-0 0-0-0
    202 206 La.-Monroe Sun Belt 8-18-0 3-14-0 0-0-0 5-4-0 0-0-0
    212 210 Little Rock Sun Belt 9-16-0 2-12-0 0-0-0 7-4-0 0-0-0
    246 244 Arkansas St. Sun Belt 12-12-0 3-6-0 0-0-0 9-6-0 0-0-0


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,263

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    Good Lord. We are 2nd in Sunbelt RPI. There could be some coaching moves below us this summer. ULMost 8-18 and I assume Peddie has "his guys" now.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,849

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    The RPI is still early for many teams ... partly because connectivity is still not strong ... and because certain factors are affecting some teams more than others. For example, the point I surfaced several weeks ago ...
    If Saint Peter's can actually get some games in (another ppd yesterday) ... win a few ... and remove that boat anchor of a three game weighted .000 RPI contribution, you will see a healthy lift to the Cajuns' RPI. Saint Peter's winning today will take them to 1-5 overall and move the contribution to the Cajuns' OWP from .00000 to .33333.

    But certainly ... I have been concerned about the Sun Belt conference and their impact on the Cajuns' RPI. Not because of the RPI rankings, but because of the poor OOC play, which will damage the Cajuns.

    Brian
    The good news is they are playing. The bad news: Not pretty.

    http://www.sidearmstats.com/lehigh/baseball/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,263

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    Every team needs some good breaks. We are so due for a good break avalanche.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,910

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    I've never been so ____ed about playing a team like Saint Peters in my life. They are absolutely destroying our RPI. Coach can make all the excuses he wants about why they had to schedule them, but the bottom line is that we should've left it as an open weekend. Unacceptable.


  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,021

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    I've never been so ____ed about playing a team like Saint Peters in my life. They are absolutely destroying our RPI. Coach can make all the excuses he wants about why they had to schedule them, but the bottom line is that we should've left it as an open weekend. Unacceptable.
    You need not have an open weekend. I detailed a solution in a post a few weeks ago. You schedule a three game series vs. a non D1 opponent. As long as you do not schedule more than three ... or lose ... there will be no RPI impact. In fact, even losing would have significantly less negative impact than playing a Saint Peter's (and winning).

    Brian

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,021

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    With all of the missed games, they are certain to be behind developmentally relative to most/all of their opponents.

    Brian


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,849

    Default Re: Baseball rpi

    They fall to 0-6 overall... 10-3 losers to Lehigh.

    Lack of at-bats in live situation has contributed to overall lack of offense and no timely hitting with wasted opportunities. Sound familiar?

    They have also give up 10+ runs in EVERY game except for 2 games vs. LA.


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,123
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    I've never been so ____ed about playing a team like Saint Peters in my life. They are absolutely destroying our RPI. Coach can make all the excuses he wants about why they had to schedule them, but the bottom line is that we should've left it as an open weekend. Unacceptable.
    I know it sucks and may have an impact on where or even IF the Cajuns are seeded in post season but did you see the video of where they play their home games at? Playing at The Tigue may be the highlight of their baseball career.

    I realize this is big boy ball and there is no room for this kind of crap just wanted to remind everyone of how special it is to some teams just get to take the field in front of a crowd like we sometimes take for granted here In Louisiana.

    Still wish they could go on a year and win a few games.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •