_ _ _ _

Thread: OT: Nike

Default OT: Nike

this wont be a popular post, but I cant believe I didn't know this sooner....

NIKE had a day-care center named for Joe Paterno at its corporate HQ, truly unbelievable.

Default Re: OT: Nike

Key word: had.

After about a 20 second google search, they stripped his name from said center when everything came out. What's so unbelievable about that?

agree it is had, but there was also some delay before it went from IS to HAD.

also did you read about the friendship between Mr Knight and him..... are we sure all other apparel manufacturers had the opportunity for a fair and open bid in getting Penn St's business which I believe was a public institution. how many other public institutions also had athletic department higher ups who had "friendships" with mr knight as well? yep its tin foil time!

P.S. look at all the buildings they named for people, they seem to have a low batting average....

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    agree it is had, but there was also some delay before it went from IS to HAD.

also did you read about the friendship between Mr Knight and him..... are we sure all other apparel manufacturers had the opportunity for a fair and open bid in getting Penn St's business which I believe was a public institution. how many other public institutions also had athletic department higher ups who had "friendships" with mr knight as well? yep its tin foil time!

P.S. look at all the buildings they named for people, they seem to have a low batting average....
    Getting business from friends is wrong?? Sounds like Phil Knight is just like every other salesman in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Getting business from friends is wrong?? Sounds like Phil Knight is just like every other salesman in the world.
    I didn't say wrong, but I see a lot of news and posts complaining when the competition isn't fair and open. not my view necessarily, but I see many with that view.
    public institutions, government, etc.....
    imagine if trump ran nike and outfitted the Russian Olympic team, Lord have mercy on our souls, lol