Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

I see a number of B passes in the general parking area (including me) that prefer sitting out and tailgating in that area.
    Also, if you are meeting people for the game that are not season ticket holders they normally park in that area...I could park anywhere and I am happy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I heard quoted earlier that ONLY 40% of baseball season ticket holders were RCAF members.
    That is what I've heard as well. I didn't know it the number was accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    I see a number of B passes in the general parking area (including me) that prefer sitting out and tailgating in that area.
    Also, if you are meeting people for the game that are not season ticket holders they normally park in that area...I could park anywhere and I am happy
    I gave mine away. Seems useless for baseball unless you're handicapped. What's another 40 steps?

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

My lot B parking pass is parking about where I've always parked.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

My deal is post game exiting....have some exit police to expedite the traffic flow onto the gate streets!!!

Everyone still parks where they want but now there is just a bunch of barricades and ropes everywhere causing a cluster phq...just take down the obstacle course.

I personally like the idea; the process itself is going through a transition and I expect some changes to be made before next year when we have the stadium completed and RCAF membership will be a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    My deal is post game exiting....have some exit police to expedite the traffic flow onto the gate streets!!!
    They had some Friday night! Definitely helped!

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I heard quoted earlier that ONLY 40% of baseball season ticket holders were RCAF members.
    Thanks for your response which pertains to my original post.

I don't care about reserved parking or who parks where. I am trying to get an idea of how many baseball season ticket holders are NOT members of RCAF.

If only 40% of baseball season ticket holders are RCAF members, I think we may have some upset fans next year when season ticket renewals come up.

I've always been RCAF, so this is a non-issue for me. I understand success has a price and I am willing to pay that price. Unfortunately, we will have some fans who want success and their same seats at 1980's prices.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post

I don't care about reserved parking or who parks where. I am trying to get an idea of how many baseball season ticket holders are NOT members of RCAF.

If only 40% of baseball season ticket holders are RCAF members, I think we may have some upset fans next year when season ticket renewals come up.

I've always been RCAF, so this is a non-issue for me. I understand success has a price and I am willing to pay that price. Unfortunately, we will have some fans who want success and their same seats at 1980's prices.
    All of the season ticket holders were sent info stating that it would be required in 2018 so there should be no surprises. I don't think all stadium seats will require $250 donations. My expectation would be the bleachers would only be $100 as the excellence fund is a similar situation. Since we're currently limiting season tickets sales, I would think any who chose not to buy them next year won't be on the books for very long. My thought is once they started the RCAF they should have approached a minimum donation situation with all sports at that time. JMO

Blog Entries

I won't say that some of the fans want seats at 1980's prices because they didn't join RCAF at any level. But I'm not surprised that a number of baseball fans are not RCAF supporters and I wouldn't be surprised if there are similar number or % for softball as well.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

They were told a long time back that they'd need to be in RCAF to retain their tickets. How will they be disappointed? Sure nobody likes to pay more, but to be disappointed you really need to be blindsided IMO.

I have a B parking pass and at first I was parking in the designated area. Then I noticed peeps parking on stadium drive and I started doing the same. I still display my B parking pass as it at least signifies that I have the right to be on the edge of that parking lot.

In all honesty, it's kinda dumb. I used to just park in the grass or gravel and sometimes on the concrete hill football stadium entrance in years past. I had my clever spots. As I'm sure many did. In my opinion, stadium drive is perfectly fine to park on the side as long as you at least have a Lot A or Lot B pass.

I have a B parking pass as well. I feel it is wrong and selfish of people who park on the grass on Stadium Drive. You are causing traffic and safety issues for people walking out of the stadium at the end of the game (most are parked in the opposite direction of exit traffic and have to made a U-Turn on Stadium Drive). Also some people get to the stadium early to park at the front of the section B area so we can just pull through to get out quickly. I am of the opinion that they should make an announcement that if a car is parked on the grass on Stadium drive after the 3rd Inning, it will be towed. We have enough parking space for everyone. Park in a spot.

Also we have finally had the police assist with people leaving the stadium recently and this has helped the exiting issues.

What if they make the grass an A parking lot. Reserve that for those that are Diamond Club and RCAF. Leave B for just RCAF and make the general parking on the other side of RCAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Troll View Post
    I have a B parking pass as well. I feel it is wrong and selfish of people who park on the grass on Stadium Drive. You are causing traffic and safety issues for people walking out of the stadium at the end of the game (most are parked in the opposite direction of exit traffic and have to made a U-Turn on Stadium Drive). Also some people get to the stadium early to park at the front of the section B area so we can just pull through to get out quickly. I am of the opinion that they should make an announcement that if a car is parked on the grass on Stadium drive after the 3rd Inning, it will be towed. We have enough parking space for everyone. Park in a spot.

Also we have finally had the police assist with people leaving the stadium recently and this has helped the exiting issues.
    Might not hurt for all who have an opinion to let someone know. Personally I'd rather money be used to pay police to assist with traffic after the game rather than a bunch of parking lot attendees.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Might not hurt for all who have an opinion to let someone know. Personally I'd rather money be used to pay police to assist with traffic after the game rather than a bunch of parking lot attendees.
    what about campus police? wouldn't they be a sunk cost per se, why pay more for "City" or "parish" police

St. Landry sheriff's SUV was at the gate to Congress after game Saturday FWIW.

Next season's pricing structure will be like the first few seasons when we moved to the dome. Some will see it as fleecing and not renew, others will see it as an upgrade opportunity. Can't please everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2