Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    669

    Default Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    After attending 3 weekend series at the Tigue/Russo, I have noticed the free parking areas seem to have considerably more vehicles than the reserved parking areas (Lot A and Lot B).

    In order to get a reserved parking pass for baseball, you must donate to RCAF at the Coaches' Staff Level ($250) or higher.

    Do we have that many baseball season ticket holders who are not RCAF members that donate $250 or more?

    Next year (2018) an RCAF membership will be required to purchase baseball season tickets. So it appears we will have either a big bump in RCAF membership/donations or a lot of upset season ticket holders.

    Just curious if anyone else noticed this when attending baseball games?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    3,716

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    I am not sure parking close is a benefit for baseball, assuming an increased risk to windshield breakage.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,671

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    After attending 3 weekend series at the Tigue/Russo, I have noticed the free parking areas seem to have considerably more vehicles than the reserved parking areas (Lot A and Lot B).

    In order to get a reserved parking pass for baseball, you must donate to RCAF at the Coaches' Staff Level ($250) or higher.

    Do we have that many baseball season ticket holders who are not RCAF members that donate $250 or more?

    Next year (2018) an RCAF membership will be required to purchase baseball season tickets. So it appears we will have either a big bump in RCAF membership/donations or a lot of upset season ticket holders.

    Just curious if anyone else noticed this when attending baseball games?
    Not sure about that, but one thing that has been really getting to me is that they are allowing folks to park all along Stadium Dr, right to the FB entrance, whether they have a parking pass or not. So not only they blocking the folks who want to use stadium drive as an exit, they are getting to park a lot closer than those who have donated (some heavily) to the RCAF.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,100
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Not sure about that, but one thing that has been really getting to me is that they are allowing folks to park all along Stadium Dr, right to the FB entrance, whether they have a parking pass or not. So not only they blocking the folks who want to use stadium drive as an exit, they are getting to park a lot closer than those who have donated (some heavily) to the RCAF.
    I guess they will address it when enough people complain. But I did notice it this past weekend.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,100
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    After attending 3 weekend series at the Tigue/Russo, I have noticed the free parking areas seem to have considerably more vehicles than the reserved parking areas (Lot A and Lot B).

    In order to get a reserved parking pass for baseball, you must donate to RCAF at the Coaches' Staff Level ($250) or higher.

    Do we have that many baseball season ticket holders who are not RCAF members that donate $250 or more?

    Next year (2018) an RCAF membership will be required to purchase baseball season tickets. So it appears we will have either a big bump in RCAF membership/donations or a lot of upset season ticket holders.

    Just curious if anyone else noticed this when attending baseball games?
    That seems to be the case, so I would expect a large bump in RCAF memberships next year.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Not sure about that, but one thing that has been really getting to me is that they are allowing folks to park all along Stadium Dr, right to the FB entrance, whether they have a parking pass or not. So not only they blocking the folks who want to use stadium drive as an exit, they are getting to park a lot closer than those who have donated (some heavily) to the RCAF.
    I don't think that's a big deal. We are all going through a big change and quantitative easement is fine by me. It will be strongly enforced when RCAF membership is a requirement.

    I also don't think the parking perk is that big of an incentive for RCAF membership, as much as it is just an added bonus.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,671

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I guess they will address it when enough people complain. But I did notice it this past weekend.
    I wonder who to complain to? thx

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,106

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    I think reserved parking at baseball is unecessary and trying to fix something that wasn't broken...I've never waited longer to get out after a game than this year now that the parking is "organized". The "general tailgating" is just parking for people without passes. They basically created a cluster phq where there wasn't one before.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,100
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I don't think that's a big deal. We are all going through a big change and quantitative easement is fine by me. It will be strongly enforced when RCAF membership is a requirement.

    I also don't think the parking perk is that big of an incentive for RCAF membership, as much as it is just an added bonus.
    I also don't think the parking perk is a huge incentive for RCAF membership, but a necessary funding mechanism.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    I don't use might parking pass. I did once and took forever to get out. I park where I have always parked.


  11. #11
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,480

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I think reserved parking at baseball is unecessary and trying to fix something that wasn't broken...I've never waited longer to get out after a game than this year now that the parking is "organized". The "general tailgating" is just parking for people without passes. They basically created a cluster phq where there wasn't one before.
    They were going to require RCAF membership to purchase season tickets. This was done as a designated parking area was provided for football and baseball, so it was done so that baseball also had a "perk" that the other sports were provided for the required RCAF donation.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,100
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I wonder who to complain to? thx
    Game Management - David Faber- dfaber@louisiana.edu

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    They were going to require RCAF membership to purchase season tickets. This was done as a designated parking area was provided for football and baseball, so it was done so that baseball also had a "perk" that the other sports were provided for the required RCAF donation.
    I understand the concept, its uneccessary and using the same set up for 4K people as for 20k isn't smart, it's kinda lazy. Right now your RCAF donors are parking further than non-RCAF and your "general tailgate" is just parking for people that feel like it. Parking was never an issue for baseball. Require RCAF membership to get season tickets...do away with reserved parking.

  14. #14
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5,874

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    I'm of the opinion that all season tickets should require a $250 RCAF membership at a minimum for the purchaser.


  15. #15
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,700

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    If you haven't notice, sports parking and tailgating will get you 50 different answers, depending who you ask in the athletic department. The cost for such arrangements will get you from $200 +/- cost, depending who you ask for information. This has bee a cluster %@&^% for a long time. The cost for parking an RV for 5 or 6 games went through the roof. One person said after all these years he may drop that perk. Some say, you have to grow with the program and keep your mouth shut.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    165

    Default

    [QUOTE=Hark Mudspeth;989455]I understand the concept, its uneccessary and using the same set up for 4K people as for 20k isn't smart, it's kinda lazy. Right now your RCAF donors are parking further than non-RCAF and your "general tailgate" is just parking for people that feel like it. Parking was never an issue for baseball. Require RCAF membership to get season tickets...do away with reserved parking.[/QUOTE

    I can see them charging from tailgating next season. The current parking perk is not much of a benefit.


  17. #17
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,480

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    [QUOTE=Ole Colony;989459]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I understand the concept, its uneccessary and using the same set up for 4K people as for 20k isn't smart, it's kinda lazy. Right now your RCAF donors are parking further than non-RCAF and your "general tailgate" is just parking for people that feel like it. Parking was never an issue for baseball. Require RCAF membership to get season tickets...do away with reserved parking.[/QUOTE

    I can see them charging from tailgating next season. The current parking perk is not much of a benefit.
    Didn't say it was a big perk, just the only perk. Once construction is done the designated parking areas will change and the non-suite parking will be across Reinhardt from the stadium (if I'm not mistaken).

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    669

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    I am not really concerned with the parking, I was just using the "reserved parking area" as a measuring stick to see how many season ticket holders are RCAF members.

    Do we really have that many baseball season ticket holders who are not RCAF members? ...or maybe as Ole Colony mentioned, the RCAF donors are not parking in the reserved area.


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,807

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    I heard quoted earlier that ONLY 40% of baseball season ticket holders were RCAF members.


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,747

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Holders VS RCAF Membership

    I have a pass and I use it.. unless I plan on tailgating Saturday or Sunday..then I want to be on the grass. Thats just a preference.

    Friday while walking up there was a truck that was going well over 25 mph to swing in and park next to football. I was surprised they let vehicles that close to the stadium. Especially with the crowd as I had my 2 kids in tow.


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •