Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LA Vs App state game 3

Default Re: LA Vs App state game 3

I wasn't in attendance today. On the last play was it a safety squeeze or suicide squeeze? I've seen it written by the media both ways, and Dan and Jay said differently on air.

I think it was a safety... Jam got a big lead then didnt break until the bunt was down. Jam running was key. They might have been able to throw out another runner. It was still very close, but a clear and easy safe call.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    I wasn't in attendance today. On the last play was it a safety squeeze or suicide squeeze? I've seen it written by the media both ways, and Dan and Jay said differently on air.
    Safety squeeze.

Brian

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I think Jam was running before the pitch, but I could be wrong. It was perfectly executed. The App State first baseman just fell to the turf and sat there after Jam crossed the plate. Everyone knew the squeeze was coming and App couldn't do anything about it.

Ha. Still getting different answers. Thanks for the replies! With Jam running, the suicide squeeze isn't needed as much, plus safety squeeze keeps you out the double play situation or the batter missing and getting the runner thrown out at home. Or the pitch out, which I'm surprised as much as we squeeze and bases were open that they didn't try to pitch out, especially up in the count.
    I thought it was funny in the post game interview that Robe told Jay not to mention on radio too much about how he likes to squeeze when the count is in the batters favor.

Dan? Was this on MyKLAF?!

I thought it was funny in the post game interview that Robe told Jay not to mention on radio too much about how he likes to squeeze when the count is in the batters favor.
    This sounds like Talbot isn't all to blame in the past games.

I watched video through Ragincajuns.com with Dan calling the game, then listed to Jay on radiopup for postgame interview.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I think Jam was running before the pitch, but I could be wrong. It was perfectly executed. The App State first baseman just fell to the turf and sat there after Jam crossed the plate. Everyone knew the squeeze was coming and App couldn't do anything about it.
    ........wonder why they didn't bring in an extra infielder like I think S miss did???

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Re: LA Vs App state game 3

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ........wonder why they didn't bring in an extra infielder like I think S miss did???
    Speed, Wins, Baby! That was just awesomeness!

Blog Entries

well lets hope app st rpi at end of year off sets St Peters

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Speed, Wins, Baby! That was just awesomeness!
    Those last two plays were just perfection.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    To make it simple, "Monica, reached on a fielder's choice, SAC, bunt, RBI; Jam scored.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    App State, not going to be the RPI drain we are used to. These guys are much better. They can swing it.
    And can pitch. 2 starters under 3 ERA.

Hat's off to Evan for a dominating performance. I'm happy for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Umpire was in good position to make the call and was adamant he made the correct call. I could not determine whether it was trapped or not via the video ... not enough resolution.

Brian
    Spoke to App State coach and some of the players after the game. Coach said left fielder did not make the catch and trapped the ball. He went out to argue but player admitted he did not make the catch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    This sounds like Talbot isn't all to blame in the past games.
    LOL, I think more than a few know Robe's leanings in that area.

MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Spoke to App State coach and some of the players after the game. Coach said left fielder did not make the catch and trapped the ball. He went out to argue but player admitted he did not make the catch.
    Funny Dave Schultz said he watched the replay and it was a catch. I just watch the end of the game and there is no way to tell if he caught it or not. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Wow! Excellent call by Blue on that one. 2B ump Raymond Miller gets credit for that.

Good point someone next to me made: Good thing they went to 4 umpires. Umps at 1st and 3rd were not in position to make that call and no telling what that call would have been. Looked like a catch to my eyes from a long way away in live action...

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Two great bunts in a row. That was nice to see. Way to bounce back Cajuns!
    Wish we would have bunted that well Wednesday @ LAT@R

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast