Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Tech 6

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ul vs laturd

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sure you don't...
    Nothing surprising about Stoogedog here Zoom Zoom! He's been a nice guy for some time now and speaks out of both sides of his mouth. He deserves whatever criticism Cajun fans dish out to him. That is the difference between legitimate contenders and pretenders fired up about one win.

Default Re: Ul vs laturd

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sure you don't...
    Undeniable proof, yet again, of just what a deceitful, liar the stoodge is.

Default Re: UL vs Tech

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Facing a weekend staff is a different ball game, especially against a quality opponent. The pups pooped in their hats this weekend at home, having only had the lead for 1 2/3 innings all weekend ... including falling behind 12-3 Saturday and 7-0 today. Meanwhile, the Wednesday night starter (Sullivan - 69 pitches) threw on Saturday vs. USM (33 pitches), relieving the Saturday starter (Harrison - 47 pitches) that threw against the Cajuns Wednesday night (32 pitches). Their closer (Nate Harris) that threw 4 innings (55 pitches) Wednesday night against the Cajuns was not provided time to rest (as DMo was this weekend) ... throwing 4 innings today vs. USM. Tech does not have the pitching depth to throw as many weekend guys as they did in the midweek game and come back to play a strong weekend opponent. Hence the result this weekend.

Brian
    That says all you need to know about the emphasis LTUR have put on the games the last 2 years. LTUR sacrificed a weekend conference series in order to beat us. Last year they over pitched Clancy and later lost their ace for the NCAA tournament. We obviously wanted to win as well but not to the point of jeopardizing pitching for a weekend conference series.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Undeniable proof, yet again, of just what a deceitful, liar the stoodge is.
    Is he the play by play guy or something?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    I still don't mock a Cajun accent after 45 years living in Lafayette. People can tell between a good natured ribbing and disrespect.
    A Cajun accent is no different than a British one.

I see nothing derogatory in accents unless the subject matter is derogatory.

Stooge just got his rear end exposed for everyone to see. From the voice of reason to a clown, "Stoodgedog" can come in all forms.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    From the voice of reason..."Stoodgedog"...
    Now THAT is funny...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ZoomZoom; March 19th, 2017 at 09:45 pm. Reason: I've gotten to be as tolerant as my avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A Cajun accent is no different than a British one.

I see nothing derogatory in accents unless the subject matter is derogatory.
    I was in Toastmasters for a number of years and the District Governor from Texas told a "Boudreaux" joke. He said in a speech one of our members told a Boudreaux joke, but soon realized that he talked that way all the time. The subject of that joke was not amused and I was offended for him.

My folks were teased in California for being from Texas. My dad was told all Texans had brown eyes and we're full of sh--. When Dad said he had blue eyes he was told he was a quart short (he worked in the oil industry).

I have been ribbed for my "accent" and 45 years later am still asked where I'm from. My cousin, in a Texas accent thicker than Steens Cane Syrup blurted out that I talked funny.

The point is that I have experienced sensitivitives from people over the years and have developed a sense as to how I handle things.

I think Tech crosses the line. I think we cross the line when making Brokeback references to McNeese.

Everyone has to make their own determination as to how to handle people. More often than not it's not what you say as much as how you say it.

Blog Entries

There are already enough people in this country that are offended for one petty reason or the other.

I think one of the MANY great traits of a true Ragin' Cajun is that we walk to the beat of our own drum and don't give a damn what others think (or say) about us.

What someone says in Southern Arkansas seems pretty far down on the long list of ____ that I give a damn about. Time to kill this thread once and for all.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30