Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 589

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Tech 6

  1. #541

    Default Re: Ul vs laturd

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    You lost tonight to Southern Miss. It's okay, regroup for tomorrow. In fact, I would spend time breaking down your loss rather than trying to justify whatever it is you are trying to justify on another univeristy's message board.
    And I'm sure that was reported. The question I asked had nothing to do with tonight's game.

    I'm not trying to justify anything. I asked what was misreported in the article you guys were complaining about. You didn't answer that question.

    I assume it had to do with calling you Lafayette. You guys always argued that the newspaper could print your name anyway they wanted. Shouldn't that "justification" work both ways?

  2. #542

    Default Re: Ul vs laturd

    Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    It is kinda crooked up there... This reminds me of the shooting death in 1996 of John Lars Elfervig, II.... Actually lived in Lafayette a good portion of his childhood - family friend. Excellent family. Missed by all.

    "Louisiana Tech, Ruston, 1996

    John Lars Elfervig a member of a Delta Chi fraternity and a guy I only remember by the name of "Big Tony" (a 6'11 behemoth) were retaliating to a prank from a neighboring frat house belonging to Delta Kappa Epsilon by stealing the frat letters out of the DKE living room. Coolie Cates, the son of a Sr local cop, came down stairs and fatally shot Lars in the back of the head some 20 yards out of the house. That's right, Lars was already out of the house and running away from the scene when he was shot and killed after doing no harm and making no threats of harm.

    Coolie Cates did NOT go to prison even though he had already satisfied the requirements for homocide. From what I remember, the local cops and DA did almost nothing to Cates after shooting a guy in the head. I believe the charge he got was discharging a firearm within city limits. WTF?"

    From: http://www.sociocide.com/forums/show...Jena-Six/page3
    How is any of that (though tragic) remotely similar to the Patterson family tragedy?

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    How is any of that (though tragic) remotely similar to the Patterson family tragedy?
    Honestly, because I think of Lars often - and still pray for his soul daily - since 1996. So tragic. And there NEVER was and probably never be any justice or resolution of this case. It still P1$$es me off. I don't understand how anyone gets away with a known and witnessed murder. I don't think it ever even went to trial. Judge stonewalled it.


    Last time I saw Lars, it was actually at the Thomas Assembly Center when Tech was hosting the Cajuns for a basketball game. We had a good time, but I think Tech won.

    He will never be forgotten.

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,977

    Default Re: Ul vs laturd

    Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Dude you really want to stoop that low over ribbing about a name change. Dust yourself off and start over man. That was uncalled for.
    If you don't like what you are reading on another school's fan board, then maybe you should dust yourself off and consider not reading and commenting on that board. No one here cares what you think or wants to hear what offends you or not..

  5. #545
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,234

    Default Re: UL vs Tech

    All of those Tech fans need to listen to Coach Robe's interview with Ian this morning. As he discusses the problems in society today, maybe they will realize that worrying about what people call themselves, social media views of who is trying to bully someone, and does not allow themselves to be bullied is foolish. Interesting point in that they discourage the people in the program from participating much in social media. That is to discourage surrounding themselves with negativity. Therefore all the points they think they so cleverly make are not read by anyone who really counts.


  6. #546

    Default Re: Ul vs laturd

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    If you don't like what you are reading on another school's fan board, then maybe you should dust yourself off and consider not reading and commenting on that board. No one here cares what you think or wants to hear what offends you or not..
    Look I come over here to find out how your baseball team is doing. Yes it relates to Tech because you guys are not just good but great and beating you is obviously an accomplishment. I don't care what you guys call yourself or what you guys call us. Most of it is tongue in cheek ribbing from an obvious rivalry. The reason ULM gave up on the name battle is because ULM fans are giving up on ULM. Tech and UL are never going to be that way with each other. But we don't have to bring up people's personal tragedies because then we forget that we are all the same people and that goes way deeper than any sports game. If that makes me a snowflake so be it. You don't need to explain why you want to be called UL. Just do it and those that follow suit will and those that don't won't. And we know that we are Louisiana Tech and not LTUR. But who cares if you guys want to call us that. We all need to lighten up. And I hope we continue to play each other every year. And yes in football. Every year. It's always an exciting week when we do.

  7. #547
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Look I come over here to find out how your baseball team is doing. Yes it relates to Tech because you guys are not just good but great and beating you is obviously an accomplishment. I don't care what you guys call yourself or what you guys call us. Most of it is tongue in cheek ribbing from an obvious rivalry. The reason ULM gave up on the name battle is because ULM fans are giving up on ULM. Tech and UL are never going to be that way with each other. But we don't have to bring up people's personal tragedies because then we forget that we are all the same people and that goes way deeper than any sports game. If that makes me a snowflake so be it. You don't need to explain why you want to be called UL. Just do it and those that follow suit will and those that don't won't. And we know that we are Louisiana Tech and not LTUR. But who cares if you guys want to call us that. We all need to lighten up. And I hope we continue to play each other every year. And yes in football. Every year. It's always an exciting week when we do.
    Absolutely spot on.....

  8. #548
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    All of those Tech fans need to listen to Coach Robe's interview with Ian this morning. As he discusses the problems in society today, maybe they will realize that worrying about what people call themselves, social media views of who is trying to bully someone, and does not allow themselves to be bullied is foolish. Interesting point in that they discourage the people in the program from participating much in social media. That is to discourage surrounding themselves with negativity. Therefore all the points they think they so cleverly make are not read by anyone who really counts.
    You'd expect nothing less from Robe.

  9. #549
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,500
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ul vs laturd

    Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Look I come over here to find out how your baseball team is doing. Yes it relates to Tech because you guys are not just good but great and beating you is obviously an accomplishment. I don't care what you guys call yourself or what you guys call us. Most of it is tongue in cheek ribbing from an obvious rivalry. The reason ULM gave up on the name battle is because ULM fans are giving up on ULM. Tech and UL are never going to be that way with each other. But we don't have to bring up people's personal tragedies because then we forget that we are all the same people and that goes way deeper than any sports game. If that makes me a snowflake so be it. You don't need to explain why you want to be called UL. Just do it and those that follow suit will and those that don't won't. And we know that we are Louisiana Tech and not LTUR. But who cares if you guys want to call us that. We all need to lighten up. And I hope we continue to play each other every year. And yes in football. Every year. It's always an exciting week when we do.
    Good post. I actually hope we do play in every sport... someday... every year.

    But I have to say that it must be special to be allowed to post your dawg thoughts on our site... knowing there is no equal access on your site. If allowed to post at will on your fan site... I would school your fans each and every day. I'd own them. They'd be my kindergarten kennel. I'd never belittle them... they'd just "be little". I'd train them... water and feed them... take them on walks wherever I decide to take them... and they'd follow me around like little lap dawgs.

    I just rivaled you. That was just a little dawgy treat to keep things light and fun... on a site that allows you that dawggy privilege... because I have a massive scrotum and I abide by the law... I keep my dawgs on leashes.

    Always remember Cajun fans... keep your dawgs spayed and neutered.

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Look I come over here to find out how your baseball team is doing. Yes it relates to Tech because you guys are not just good but great and beating you is obviously an accomplishment. I don't care what you guys call yourself or what you guys call us. Most of it is tongue in cheek ribbing from an obvious rivalry. The reason ULM gave up on the name battle is because ULM fans are giving up on ULM. Tech and UL are never going to be that way with each other. But we don't have to bring up people's personal tragedies because then we forget that we are all the same people and that goes way deeper than any sports game. If that makes me a snowflake so be it. You don't need to explain why you want to be called UL. Just do it and those that follow suit will and those that don't won't. And we know that we are Louisiana Tech and not LTUR. But who cares if you guys want to call us that. We all need to lighten up. And I hope we continue to play each other every year. And yes in football. Every year. It's always an exciting week when we do.
    Agreed! Well said!

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Good post. I actually hope we do play in every sport... someday... every year.

    But I have to say that it must be special to be allowed to post your dawg thoughts on our site... knowing there is no equal access on your site. If allowed to post at will on your fan site... I would school your fans each and every day. I'd own them. They'd be my kindergarten kennel. I'd never belittle them... they'd just "be little". I'd train them... water and feed them... take them on walks wherever I decide to take them... and they'd follow me around like little lap dawgs.

    I just rivaled you. That was just a little dawgy treat to keep things light and fun... on a site that allows you that dawggy privilege... because I have a massive scrotum and I abide by the law... I keep my dawgs on leashes.

    Always remember Cajun fans... keep your dawgs spayed and neutered.
    Another classic

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,977

    Default Re: UL vs Tech

    Beau: maybe you can tell us why no opposing opinions are allowed on the @ruston site? Why do the mods there change edit or even delete posts they don't agree with? Why do they change the avatars of posters? Where is all this good sportsmanship you talk of here over there?


  13. #553
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,366

    Default Re: UL vs Tech

    nm


  14. #554
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Look I come over here to find out how your baseball team is doing. Yes it relates to Tech because you guys are not just good but great and beating you is obviously an accomplishment. I don't care what you guys call yourself or what you guys call us. Most of it is tongue in cheek ribbing from an obvious rivalry. The reason ULM gave up on the name battle is because ULM fans are giving up on ULM. Tech and UL are never going to be that way with each other. But we don't have to bring up people's personal tragedies because then we forget that we are all the same people and that goes way deeper than any sports game. If that makes me a snowflake so be it. You don't need to explain why you want to be called UL. Just do it and those that follow suit will and those that don't won't. And we know that we are Louisiana Tech and not LTUR. But who cares if you guys want to call us that. We all need to lighten up. And I hope we continue to play each other every year. And yes in football. Every year. It's always an exciting week when we do.
    TL;DR. Don't you have a dog to kill?

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    609

    Default Re: UL vs Tech

    with all this talk about suicide, listen to Robe's interview this morning. Its no joke. Mental health is no joke. I am no snowflake. Its just the facts.


    Start at minute 24.


    https://soundcloud.com/ian-auzenne/s...-march-18-2017


  16. #556
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,709

    Default Re: UL vs Tech

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    with all this talk about suicide, listen to Robe's interview this morning. Its no joke. Mental health is no joke. I am no snowflake. Its just the facts.


    Start at minute 24.


    https://soundcloud.com/ian-auzenne/s...-march-18-2017
    Greats stuff, Brandon!!!

    Z

  17. #557
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Look I come over here to find out how your baseball team is doing. Yes it relates to Tech because you guys are not just good but great and beating you is obviously an accomplishment. I don't care what you guys call yourself or what you guys call us. Most of it is tongue in cheek ribbing from an obvious rivalry. The reason ULM gave up on the name battle is because ULM fans are giving up on ULM. Tech and UL are never going to be that way with each other. But we don't have to bring up people's personal tragedies because then we forget that we are all the same people and that goes way deeper than any sports game. If that makes me a snowflake so be it. You don't need to explain why you want to be called UL. Just do it and those that follow suit will and those that don't won't. And we know that we are Louisiana Tech and not LTUR. But who cares if you guys want to call us that. We all need to lighten up. And I hope we continue to play each other every year. And yes in football. Every year. It's always an exciting week when we do.
    I could not agree more. In fact, I can't ever recall a time where you went outside of your way to come here and troll, and for that I thank you. In my opinion, you are always welcome to post your point of view on RP.

  18. #558
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,929

    Default Re: UL vs Tech

    nm


  19. #559
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,929

    Default Re: UL vs Tech

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    with all this talk about suicide, listen to Robe's interview this morning. Its no joke. Mental health is no joke. I am no snowflake. Its just the facts.


    Start at minute 24.


    https://soundcloud.com/ian-auzenne/s...-march-18-2017
    Being I went there first, please note, at no time I meant any of it as a joke. In fact a situation akin to this happened recently to someone close to me. Depression sucks, bt, dt. But...

    When the pious mutt comes here and continuously ____ on my university on various fronts while forgetting "the plank in his eye", pull the plank out and hit him with it.

  20. #560
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,977

    Default Re: UL vs Tech

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Being I went there first, please note, at no time I meant any of it as a joke. In fact a situation akin to this happened recently to someone close to me. Depression sucks, bt, dt. But...

    When the pious mutt comes here and continuously ____ on my university on various fronts while forgetting "the plank in his eye", pull the plank out and hit him with it.
    Yes, exactly.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •