Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Tech 6

Default Re: Ul vs laturd

possible solution:
    a. if coach saw that sign prior to game, should refuse to take field until corrected
    b. RPI should give Laturd the same rpi points as if they had played the leopards and not us
    c. NCAA sanctions should be to fine LATURD any gate receipts and possible concession sales for that game and donate that money to charity of cajuns choice

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun07 View Post
    Don't act like every single one of us wouldn't bask in it if our admin did something similar to Ruston or ulm. This has absolutely nothing to do with our progress on calling us Louisiana. It's not that serious with them.
    I doubt it. We are the university that until recently refused to call ourselves "Louisiana" at our own home games vs. ULM. Plus, why the hell would our administration go through so much trouble to deliberately call someone the completely wrong university (both on their athletic site and over the PA) just to stir the pot because they know that's the case?

When Little Rock plays here, they're Little Rock. Nicholls is Nicholls, not Nicholls State. McNesse, the same thing.

As I said before, I'd be embarrassed if UL went to such great lengths to be so openly childish.

It is probably time for our new AD make a strongly worded statement about the intentional disrespect. If you want to be big time, small time Louisiana politics won't cut it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Actually I do not want my University acting in this way.....
    I agree completely. While you should expect anything from fans, the University is entirely different. It says a lot about LATECH as a school, none of it good.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They beat #9 Lafayette according to their university run athletic site. Not even Louisiana Lafayette.

I get your points, but what's more troubling is the way we played last night. Those morons are morons. I expect them to act accordingly.

I am much more concerned with our baseball team. We have guys that look terrified at the plate, especially in big situations. We have coaches that don't trust hitters and would rather force the issue by taking the bat out of their hands.

JMO, but where's the grit? Where's the fight? Where's the chip on the shoulder? Where's the "bulldog" bullpen? How the hell do we continue to blow 3 run leads against capable offenses with this staff? Why are we force feeding guys in situations that they've proven over the course of their careers that they struggle with? Why do we continue to run ourselves out of innings?

What the hell is going on..

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I get your points, but what's more troubling is the way we played last night. Those morons are morons. I expect them to act accordingly.

I am much more concerned with our baseball team. We have guys that look terrified at the plate, especially in big situations. We have coaches that don't trust hitters and would rather force the issue by taking the bat out of their hands.

JMO, but where's the grit? Where's the fight? Where's the chip on the shoulder? Where's the "bulldog" bullpen? How the hell do we continue to blow 3 run leads against capable offenses with this staff? Why are we force feeding guys in situations that they've proven over the course of their careers that they struggle with? Why do we continue to run ourselves out of innings?

THIS.

I don't give a ____ about the name and logo junk from their perspective. I just want to have a team that is winning and still playing in the postseason while they sit home.

I agree with this assessment. Very frustrating game............

Our name game that they were playing would've been a NON-ISSUE if we would've just shown up and closed the door last night. We continue to kick ourselves in the head.....and it seems to be at the hands of Tech. I'm tired of face planting in moments like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    I agree with this assessment. Very frustrating game............
    Right. It's still something to get fired up about, but the game was what was the most important issue of the evening.

Anyway, there's been some improvement since opening weekend, but this bull pen's struggles with closing out games is nuts. Southeastern, Northwestern State (I believe they came back to take it to extras, but we won) Southern Miss on the Sunday game and now last night. You have the lead in the late innings and have to rotate through 3 or 4 pitchers to "attempt" to close out a game and it's still. This team should be 3 games better (hopefully we beat Southeastern) than they are right now.

The base running, missed signs, and inability to move runners and score them from 3rd with less than 2 outs may be more of a concern. You do those things and we may not be complaining about the bullpen so much.

Mid weeks matter. If the Cajuns win every series for the remainder of the season 2-1, they will be at 28 wins. They would need to win all of the remaining mid week games (1 suspended and 11 = 12) to get to 40 wins.

So far they are 1-2 in midweek games. With one suspended. Three have gone to extras and the worse loss was by two runs.

(Robe's inner dialogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    (Robe's inner dialogue)
    For the stat guys, I'd like to know what our percentage of success is with getting the runner home from 3rd with less than 2 outs since 2015.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Can you believe the line score? They have it at 5 runs. 13 hits. and 0 errors.....I saw several errors committed.

We lost the mental game. Tech's team had more of the mental makeup of Jace/Harry/Caleb et. al. than anyone in our lineup.

Got to let this one go. We weren't beaten 10-0, we lost 6-5. Fortunate for the fans that didn't attend, we didn't have to take a bus ride home and get bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for class this morning.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Your dog died? Again? Speaking of dead....

Maybe we'll take the high road and not remind Tech they named their baseball board on barfs and bytes after a man that commited a murder/sucide. So it's no suprise these ars hats went the leopard way.

http://www.ktbs.com/story/22332559/f...murder-suicide

Dude you need to shut up, what a joke you are

Quote Originally Posted by BLUDog View Post
    Dude you need to shut up, what a joke you are
    Don't you have a field to go farm. Go play on your own board.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUDog View Post
    yawn, you are no match for me. I would rather talk to hawk. Move along
    You're nothing but a troll. You hide behind a keyboard and probably live with your parents. Your life has never amounted to anything and never will.

By all means, continue being a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    Our name game that they were playing would've been a NON-ISSUE if we would've just shown up and closed the door last night.
    I don't care what they call us. I may start calling them daddy the way they have owned us these past few years.. only bright spot is mediocre marlin beating them on the road and at home.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast