Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: La Tech & App State Preview | The Grind

Default Re: La Tech & App State Preview | The Grind

Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun07 View Post
    Honestly i would hope our administration would have the balls to do to the same...has nothing to do with class
    I don't care at all what those children at LATEX call my university. I dont give 2

s about them. I just want to stomp a mudhole in them and then move on to someone that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    I think it went up because UTA, who Tech swept, beat a very good Texas Tech team last night
    The RPI ranking (went up) ... not the RPI itself. The RPI fell.

And no, LTU did not move up in the rankings because Texas Tech fell ... they moved up because LSU fell.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I don't care at all what those children at LATEX call my university. I dont give 2

s about them. I just want to stomp a mudhole in them and then move on to someone that matters.

Riiiiiight, haha oh trust me you do care. You care a whole lot lol.
    Stop telling yourself those lies.
    Children? Ahhhh do you want me to bump those old football threads? You guys were kids in a playground.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUDog View Post
    Children? Ahhhh do you want me to bump those old football threads? You guys were kids in a playground.
    Serious question, do you see us scheduling each other in football again in the near future? I do think it's the best in state rivalry in College Football in Louisiana.

Are you one of the children that get bent because of our name? Then I'm talking to you. Whether you and your @Ruston brethren like it or not, we are Louisiana. You can whine and complain all you want. All of the other names that ya'll spout but can't spell makes zero difference to that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Serious question, do you see us scheduling each other in football again in the near future? I do think it's the best in state rivalry in College Football in Louisiana.

I agree 100%
    I hope so, that game should be played every year or every other year.
    But I highly doubt it, maybe once every 5 or 10 years.

Are you one of the children that get bent because of our name? Then I'm talking to you. Whether you and your @Ruston brethren like it or not, we are Louisiana. You can whine and complain all you want. All of the other names that ya'll spout but can't spell makes zero difference to that fact.

I personally don't care what you call yourself, the results are all the same. All I care about is my bulldogs kicking A Z Z and they have not disappointed me one bit. So if you get bent out of shape due to someone calling your school a different name, then that's your business. Not our problem bud

Fight onBulldogs : )

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    No Robe nor anyone else on the Cajuns staff knows what they need to regarding RPI. I know they don't like it but its about damn time for someone on the staff to get themselves educated on it enough to make certain they are making the right decisions for the ball club. I know the offer has been put out there.

Think about it. His solution is to eliminate midweek games from the formula and only use weekend series. This would obviously mean the majority of the RPI calcs would come from within your own conference and would eliminate a lot of connectivity. It would make the formula almost useless.

So for this year under Robe's plan we would be stuck with the St. Peters games but would lose the games against LSU, La Tech, Southeastern, Texas, and Houston??? That right there tells you what you need to know about understanding RPI.
    But under a different plan I think we would schedule weekends differently as would a lot of schools like us

Quote Originally Posted by jric116 View Post
    But under a different plan I think we would schedule weekends differently as would a lot of schools like us
    How?? You aren't getting away from conference weekend series.

I think what Robe was trying to say was that the only time he feels like he can get some guys some work is during the week. As such you risk losing games in the name of getting guys some playing time because you aren't using your starters but many teams are gunning for you because they consider it a signature win.

Yes 25% of the RPI formula is your winning % so losing midweek games can hurt you just like any weekend game. How much it hurts depends on home/road win/loss makeup.

However the other part of the formula that you control is much bigger. That is the 50% factor for opponents winning %. As Brian has pointed out numerous times you don't need to schedule SEC schools etc. Its more about what you don't do. You should NEVER schedule teams that are historical bottom dwellers in regards to overall record. If you need to fill some holes go find a team in the SWAC, Patriot, Big South that typically finish towards the top of their conference. If you feel the need to help someone out like St. Peters then do it for one game only.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    How?? You aren't getting away from conference weekend series.

I think what Robe was trying to say was that the only time he feels like he can get some guys some work is during the week. As such you risk losing games in the name of getting guys some playing time because you aren't using your starters but many teams are gunning for you because they consider it a signature win.

Yes 25% of the RPI formula is your winning % so losing midweek games can hurt you just like any weekend game. How much it hurts depends on home/road win/loss makeup.

However the other part of the formula that you control is much bigger. That is the 50% factor for opponents winning %. As Brian has pointed out numerous times you don't need to schedule SEC schools etc. Its more about what you don't do. You should NEVER schedule teams that are historical bottom dwellers in regards to overall record. If you need to fill some holes go find a team in the SWAC, Patriot, Big South that typically finish towards the top of their conference. If you feel the need to help someone out like St. Peters then do it for one game only.
    How? You answered your own question. Schedule the swac big south etc. for weekends and lower level schools during the week if travel permits

Quote Originally Posted by jric116 View Post
    How? You answered your own question. Schedule the swac big south etc. for weekends and lower level schools during the week if travel permits
    So we aren't going to play teams like LSU, Texas, Houston, Rice etc.?? The SBC isn't a bad baseball conference but we aren't in the SEC or ACC and thus don't have conference opponents that are going to help us as much as those leagues. We can't afford to make mistakes in scheduling. There is a fundamental misunderstanding about what needs to happen. This year we had four weekends to fill with non-conference teams. St. Peters is the only glaring error but it could be a big one. We won't know until the end of the season but I wonder what people will think if the difference between hosting a regional and not is those three games.

Bottom line is that not counting midweek games is not the answer and shows a lack of understanding of what needs to be done (within your control) to keep your RPI healthy.

I personally don't care what you call yourself, the results are all the same. All I care about is my bulldogs kicking A Z Z and they have not disappointed me one bit. So if you get bent out of shape due to someone calling your school a different name, then that's your business. Not our problem bud

Fight onBulldogs : )
    Aww, you are confused sweetpea. No one cares what you call us. You look idiotic calling a school the wrong name.

If Burk is consistent comparable to other Cajuns starters, then it's a close game going in the later innings. If the middle/closers do their job and the boys can get enough runs across, then they can win. If Burk struggles and/or the middle/closers struggle, it will be tough to win. LTurd is good defensively and strong offensively. Statistically, the Cajuns are stronger in pitching.

Glad the boys are not playing in Boone this weekend. 40s and 20s.

Lafayette, Louisiana-Lafayette, Lafayette. Pretty clear somebody wrote that article with a case of the red ___.

Aww, you are confused sweetpea. No one cares what you call us. You look idiotic calling a school the wrong name.

No we don't because everyone else does the same thing hahaha.
    You are know as ULL to the entire WORLD

Definite case of the butthurt up north.

Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post

Definite case of the butthurt up north.

hahaha classic, shows the amount of respect we have for your school which is a phat ZERO
    I love it

hahaha classic, shows the amount of respect we have for your school which is a phat ZERO
    I love it
    And yet here you are, probably with your teacher's back turned in the computer lab. Thats a whole lot of not caring by the @Ruston crew.

Blog Entries

I love it
    Then why are you so obsessed with changing our spots?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast