Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: La Tech & App State Preview | The Grind

wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: La Tech & App State Preview | The Grind

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Semantics. He was the #4 last year. He started this year as the #3, but hasn't really held his spot as Hogan started Sunday and has proven to be on the rise. Guillory is strong, but he's got some work to do to get back on track. I'd say he's our fringe #3-4.
    To get even more deeper into semantics, he started the year as the #4 same as last year, but #3 (Schmidt) picked up that injury before the first weekend

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    To get even more deeper into semantics, he started the year as the #4 same as last year, but #3 (Schmidt) picked up that injury before the first weekend
    What is the latest on Schmidt?

What exactly caused Schmidt's injury?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yep, that's what I was thinking. But then again those @ruston folks are in a perennial state of ignorance/stupidity...........
    Yea, you never know if it's intentional/spite or simple ignorance coming from those in southern arkansas. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and go with ignorance.

wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    What exactly caused Schmidt's injury?
    I don't know what caused it. Just tightness in his biceps flared up right before the start of the season. I know he had a checkup last week (Thursday), and he was released to throw again. The PT must have helped. Got to ramp back up again since he hasn't been throwing

Very true. Evan has a tough test against a potent lineup Wednesday night. I'm confident he will have a good game though. Let's keep that W streak going fellas.

Jack Burk on Wednesday

Odd....all of a sudden an add for 'Speciality Tarps' is now showing up for me on RP. No lie. But quite the coincidence.

Looks like @Ruston has been hitting the ball pretty well. I would like to see them for a weekend series. I'm betting their pitching would not hold up.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Yea, you never know if it's intentional/spite or simple ignorance coming from those in southern arkansas. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and go with ignorance.
    It's intentional....

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

As I'm sure we'll be wearing our uni's with Louisiana written proudly across the front.

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    Jack Burk on Wednesday
    Do you know? Or, is that your guess? Interesting thought, regardless. Write-up preview on ragincajuns.com says match-up still TBD...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    As I'm sure we'll be wearing our uni's with Louisiana written proudly across the front.
    Apparently the @Ruston coach has been referring to us as Louisiana. The Rustonians are not amused.��

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Do you know? Or, is that your guess? Interesting thought, regardless. Write-up preview on ragincajuns.com says match-up still TBD...
    Bab and Tony both said Evan..

I woulda thrown Evan against St. Peter's and Hogan against Tech. No sugar coating this one, but the peacocks are just not good. Would have rather seen Guillory on Sunday to maybe get some confidence back. And then seen Harris against Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I woulda thrown Evan against St. Peter's and Hogan against Tech. No sugar coating this one, but the peacocks are just not good. Would have rather seen Guillory on Sunday to maybe get some confidence back. And then seen Harris against Tech.
    Robe waxed poetically today at his press conference about his thoughts on approaching midweek games with major RPI implications. It's a 5 minute answer, but I think it's worth a watch/listen.

Link: https://youtu.be/xKgDQYigeUI?t=14m30s (Answer starts around 14m 30s.

UL Baseball Re: La Tech & App State Preview | The Grind

Quote Originally Posted by CroCajun1003 View Post
    Robe waxed poetically today at his press conference about his thoughts on approaching midweek games with major RPI implications. It's a 5 minute answer, but I think it's worth a watch/listen.

Link: https://youtu.be/xKgDQYigeUI?t=14m30s (Answer starts around 14m 30s.
    Coach Robe does not seem to understand that there is no more RPI impact (w/respect to winning/losing) on any game vs. any other game (home/road issues aside). Each and every game (home vs. home, road vs. road) counts equally regarding wins and losses with the RPI. So, if you have a road midweek game vs. the #5 RPI team and a road weekend game against the #150 team ... a win vs. the #150 will count the same as a win vs. the #5. You can mix and match win/loss ... the result is the same.

Now, in the selection room, the committee is going to evaluate how you performed vs. the RPI Top 25/50/75 ... 150+, etc. ... depending on your peer group. This is simply part of the evaluation criteria ... and there are many pieces to that criteria (including whether you win a conference championship and how you finished in conference). But this is not the RPI itself.

Brian

Well - a nice home win for the Sun Belt tonight as UTA takes down #4 Texas Tech 5-1.

Also - It seems to me that App State is significantly improved compared to years past... We better be ready to defend the Tigue!

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    On 3 days rest since he had to pitch on Saturday? Not surprised. We are throwing our #4 starter. May the best team win.
    Nah, ice and snow got in the way in Jonesboro so he is nice and rested....

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneW1 View Post
    Nah, ice and snow got in the way in Jonesboro so he is nice and rested....
    Does your ace normally pitch Sunday games instead of Friday? I'm confused.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast