Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 154

Thread: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,028
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not the NCAA, the feds for title IX
    Correct, Feds oversee Title IX.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,352
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

    "Bob's Not As Poor As Reported"

    Bob has never been reported as poor.

    His working capital for the program is less than others in part because Bob is not poor, and the part that makes Bob "not poor" can be lopped off the total of actual working capital.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,853
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Unless somebody is lying to the feds, those are the numbers.
    But that doesn't agree with MAT so it must be wrong.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,853
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    By all means tough guy, get it to know me. I'll shove these grown ___ nuts down your ____ing throat. You always have some smartazz shtt to say, and NO, the conversation was and has been about why we aren't more like LaTech, etc. Shut your azz up and pay attention.
    Oh damn! Moving on up to 4th grade playground insults! Must be getting serious!

    I'll bet you were the coolest loser on the playground....now you are just a loser not bright enough to express your thoughts without sounding like a child.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Oh damn! Moving on up to 4th grade playground insults! Must be getting serious!

    I'll bet you were the coolest loser on the playground....now you are just a loser not bright enough to express your thoughts without sounding like a child.
    Another passive aggressive dip shtt that can't stand to be called out.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,853
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Another passive aggressive dip shtt that can't stand to be called out.
    Nothing passive about this. I am telling you that your intelligence prevents you from communicating like an adult.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Nothing passive about this. I am telling you that your intelligence prevents you from communicating like an adult.
    Look you little pvssy, I don't give a damn what you think. Anytime someone calls people like you out, and honestly tells you what you are, sometimes in the form of "name calling", the first thing you dweebs do is pull the "intelligence" card. It's all you have. Because you know you're a pvssy.

    "Look everyone! He called me a name! That means he's unintelligent! Never mind that I made an assumption and questioned how seriously his contemporaries take him in real life, but he's dumb because he called me a name!"

    The WORST kind of person.

  8. #28
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,104

    UL Basketball Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "Bob's Not As Poor As Reported"

    Bob has never been reported as poor.

    His working capital for the program is less than others in part because Bob is not poor, and the part that makes Bob "not poor" can be lopped off the total of actual working capital.
    Coaches salaries are not considered part of operating capital, but are reported separately.

    It also appears that the financial support of women's basketball by men's basketball is lower here than at either GaSt or Little Rock; so another of Bob's excuses is just that, an excuse.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,685

    Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We're always being told it's a money issue for the Big Fish.
    I still do not understand the point you are making with this thread. Please explain.

  10. #30
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,104

    Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I still do not understand the point you are making with this thread. Please explain.
    Marlin and others near the program have maintained that one of the reasons that basketball has had poor scheduling and poor results is that we lack funds relative to our peers, especially those with either no football or with FCS football, and that subsidizing women's basketball puts our men at a competitive disadvantage. This report, to some degree, exposes that as an excuse rather than a reason.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,352
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Coaches salaries are not considered part of operating capital, but are reported separately.
    Thanks, I did not know that.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Look you little pvssy, I don't give a damn what you think. Anytime someone calls people like you out, and honestly tells you what you are, sometimes in the form of "name calling", the first thing you dweebs do is pull the "intelligence" card. It's all you have. Because you know you're a pvssy.

    "Look everyone! He called me a name! That means he's unintelligent! Never mind that I made an assumption and questioned how seriously his contemporaries take him in real life, but he's dumb because he called me a name!"

    The WORST kind of person.
    You tried repeating what was said but somehow lowered the intellect. Classic confirmation.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark
    Posts
    1,673

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by AboveAverage View Post
    You tried repeating what was said but somehow lowered the intellect. Classic confirmation.
    dude, you ain't seen nothing yet.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AboveAverage View Post
    You tried repeating what was said but somehow lowered the intellect. Classic confirmation.
    Nice contribution clown. Glad you could be part of the conversation. Another bitter dork with a lifetime of atomic wedgies to cope with. 👍

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    dude, you ain't seen nothing yet.
    When people make dumbass comments and direct them at me, they will get responded to, and in a way they deserve. This AXG moron is the same guy that called out Basin, one of our most accurate, long standing posters. AXG brings no information to the board, only smartass drivle. He also takes pleasure in making absurd insinuations, and when asked if he'd like to discuss his comments in person, of course, like the coward he is, refuses.

    For anyone that would like to question my intellect, please, I encourage you to swing by the Eauque sometime.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,574
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    For anyone that would like to question my intellect, please, I encourage you to swing by the Eauque sometime.
    oh that question has been answered long ago by your posts.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post

    oh that question has been answered long ago by your posts.
    You of all people need to keep quite about substance in posts. Ha!

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,574
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

    You of all people need to keep quite about substance in posts. Ha!
    Whatever you say, because Mr., sky is falling about our new baseball park, knows all.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post

    Whatever you say, because Mr., sky is falling about our new baseball park, knows all.
    Oh yea man, I was proven really wrong on that wasn't I? We never needed a loan to get going and Farmer was on top of it all!

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,798

    Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Marlin and others near the program have maintained that one of the reasons that basketball has had poor scheduling and poor results is that we lack funds relative to our peers, especially those with either no football or with FCS football, and that subsidizing women's basketball puts our men at a competitive disadvantage. This report, to some degree, exposes that as an excuse rather than a reason.
    ULAR has the closest budget to us. The biggest name they brought in was Tulsa and that is no big whoop. I'm not sure what having the highest budget has to do with anything. If you cant afford to buy games, thats the bottom line. Or am I missing your point?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •