Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Louisiana Heads To Tulane For Midweek Matchup

  1. Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana Heads To Tulane For Midweek Matchup



    The 15th-ranked Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball team is set to go back on the road Tuesday as the squad heads to Turchin Stadium to face Tulane in a 6:30 p.m. midweek contest.


  2. #2
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,035

    UL Baseball Re: Louisiana Heads To Tulane For Midweek Matchup


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,419

    Default Re: Louisiana Heads To Tulane For Midweek Matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That would stink if that game gets rained out and we didn't use Hogan Sunday. Would have made a difference in the outcome, IMHO. But I do like Hogan pitching in these upcoming mid-weeks vs. La Tech and Houston as well.

  4. #4
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,230

    Default Re: Louisiana Heads To Tulane For Midweek Matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    That would stink if that game gets rained out and we didn't use Hogan Sunday. Would have made a difference in the outcome, IMHO. But I do like Hogan pitching in these upcoming mid-weeks vs. La Tech and Houston as well.
    I agree. That let's him face Tulane (2), LaTech, LSU, McNeese, Texas, and Houston midweek. You might argue he would have the tougher schedule of teams to face than any of the weekend starters.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    906

    Default Re: Louisiana Heads To Tulane For Midweek Matchup

    I feel it is time to pull Guillory from the Sunday spot. I would say put Wyatt there, but he's been great out of the pen, and idk if I would want to mess that up. But Guillory has just not been good so far this year. He started out ok yesterday, but ended up falling off.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,419

    Default Re: Louisiana Heads To Tulane For Midweek Matchup

    I was thinking they could look at pushing this game back to Wednesday, but Tulane plays a weird Thursday, Saturday (DH) series with San Diego... so they might not want to play Wednesday.


  7. #7
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,230

    Default Re: Louisiana Heads To Tulane For Midweek Matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I feel it is time to pull Guillory from the Sunday spot. I would say put Wyatt there, but he's been great out of the pen, and idk if I would want to mess that up. But Guillory has just not been good so far this year. He started out ok yesterday, but ended up falling off.
    First, Tony said in the post game that the error in the previous inning by Pinero leaving the bag too early led to him throwing another 29 pitches that he shouldn't have had to throw that inning.

    Then I'm still not sure what happened when the runner walked from first to second but the hitter was brought back to the plate to hit again. I know there was a bunch of crowd reaction, so I thought it was called a balk but I don't see it anywhere in the box score so I'm still confused about that play. Maybe someone has a better explanation.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    First, Tony said in the post game that the error in the previous inning by Pinero leaving the bag too early led to him throwing another 29 pitches that he shouldn't have had to throw that inning.

    Then I'm still not sure what happened when the runner walked from first to second but the hitter was brought back to the plate to hit again. I know there was a bunch of crowd reaction, so I thought it was called a balk but I don't see it anywhere in the box score so I'm still confused about that play. Maybe someone has a better explanation.
    3rd base umpire stopped the pitch and called a balk.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,217

    Default Re: Louisiana Heads To Tulane For Midweek Matchup

    Schmitt being out is changing the direction of this pen. I would start Hogan and let him go 30-40 pitches and bring him back Sunday to start obv on a strict pitch count. Let guillorry handle the midweek duties and put Schmitt in the pen once he's cleared working himself back up to where he was before the injury. If I had to guess he will not be at that point till after the halfway point setting us up for 4 possibly 5 starters for the postseason. At that point it's about matchups. Just my thoughts


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •