Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Google Chrome Issued Flaw

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: RP block is killing traffic

I have no issues. It is like warning labels on some things, maybe we need to remove them and just let some people die.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Turbine, we have to figure out this problem. Traffic is almost non existent and it's because of this "warning" or block that's occurring. Do you need some extra funding to fix this issue? If so, let's get this going. I'll make the first pledge.

Whatever we need to do, we need to get this site jumping again. Traffic = exposure = good for program.
    You are right that it is hurting as it kept me from really trying to get on for a few months. As it is, I'm chancing it I guess by still entering although it claims the site is a high alert for "phishing". Having said that, my frustration with the entire sports program at UL has kept me away as well. I mentioned it yesterday that I just have a certain level of frustration with the sports that I support and follow the most (football,basketball) and I think others feel the same way as well.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

My wife's computer won't even let me on RaginPagin. I suspect that these two issues may not be related, though. She may be on to me.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I was using Google Chrome and I couldn't get on. Went back to IE only for RP and Chrome for the rest of my exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Turbine, we have to figure out this problem. Traffic is almost non existent and it's because of this "warning" or block that's occurring. Do you need some extra funding to fix this issue? If so, let's get this going. I'll make the first pledge.

Whatever we need to do, we need to get this site jumping again. Traffic = exposure = good for program.
    This is wrong...I have always been told I'm the reason RP sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I'm the reason RP sucks.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I was using Google Chrome and I couldn't get on. Went back to IE only for RP and Chrome for the rest of my exploring.
    That is the process I use to access the site. Also, my company also recently banned the site. More outfits may be doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Honey...no.

Traffic does seem to be way down. It really needs to be fixed. Turbine, why the silence? It doesn't help that there is a lot less excitement for the upcoming football season, but that warning is the biggest reason, imo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Traffic does seem to be way down. It really needs to be fixed. Turbine, why the silence? It doesn't help that there is a lot less excitement for the upcoming football season, but that warning is the biggest reason, imo.
    Nothing I can say will fix the vulnerabilities of Chrome, Firefox and Safari desktop.

Chrome has said they will issue a fix in January.

Their fix will involve blocking their own (automated system) Google ads that cause the problem. (certain ones)

In the mean time I am working to comply (getting files ready) with their current solution which puts 100% of the onus on the site publisher.

If I wasn't worried about preserving posts back to 2002, we would be done already.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Nothing I can say will fix the vulnerabilities of Chrome, Firefox and Safari desktop.

Their fix will involve blocking their own (automated system) Google ads that cause the problem. (certain ones)

In the mean time I am working to comply (getting files ready) with their current solution which puts 100% of the onus on the site publisher.

If I wasn't worried about preserving posts back to 2002, we would be done already.
    Thank you for the reply Turbine, I understand, and I know you are trying your best. I, like many are just concerned about the site, it's a very valuable asset to the Ragin Cajun family. It's the go to place, and you have nurtured it well.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Could you create a separate archive for the older posts?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Honey...no.
    Hawk = a better RP
    No Hawk = an existence I'm not willing to accept

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    French man, not necessarily directed at your post, but this is a point of contention with browser sticklers.

If you guys are really concerned about privacy, info protection, OPSEC, etc; I'd suggest sticking to the updated firefox. There are lists of allowable sites in the settings that make it easy to control. Also, if you use safari like me, even better. Also very easy to toggle "warning issued" sites.

As far as anything google, IE, or whatever.. I'd steer clear at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Could you create a separate archive for the older posts?
    Or a separate website...RP Classic.

Default Re: Google Chrome Issued Flaw

At first, Google Chrome wouldn't let me load RP, so I started using Internet Explorer.

A few weeks ago, I could no longer access the the site with Internet Explorer.

Now Safari is the only way I can access Ragin Pagin.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Turbine, I know you are a historian. However, I must ask what is the benefit of maintaining posts from 15 years ago?

Default Re: Google Chrome Issued Flaw

NM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Turbine, I know you are a historian. However, I must ask what is the benefit of maintaining posts from 15 years ago?
    They are "posts" but the majority of the first few thousand represent data from over 1000 hours of pure research.

1st thread: http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/showthread.php?1

1st post: http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/...-com&p=1#post1

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8