Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

Here is your worthless/meaningless stats through 10 games. If anyone knows when the bats changed, I would appreciate it to mark the years.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

I love this. Thanks MelRock

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I love this. Thanks MelRock
    Thanks, I am a numbers guys, I can't write or speak very well.

Most strikeouts on offense and for the pitching staff in 15+ years thru the first 10 games. The hitting has already calmed down on that stat and is now stroking. The pitching will just continue to perform.

I see some similarities of this team to the 2014 team. It's just a matter of them continuing to believe in themselves and becoming more consistent.

Also, interesting that this staff has the lowest WHIP since 2004. This team can be very special if they continue to progress.

Yes strikeouts are not even close and yesterday did not help the ERA. If, it didn't happen, we don't give up the 4 runs in the 11th the ERA is down to 2.71.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Yes strikeouts are not even close and yesterday did not help the ERA. If, it didn't happen, we don't give up the 4 runs in the 11th the ERA is down to 2.71.
    Yea I was disappointed that our ERA took such a big hit yesterday cause we were really in great shape in that statistic. It'll come back down though over time.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Most strikeouts on offense and for the pitching staff in 15+ years thru the first 10 games. The hitting has already calmed down on that stat and is now stroking. The pitching will just continue to perform.

I see some similarities of this team to the 2014 team. It's just a matter of them continuing to believe in themselves and becoming more consistent.
    Similarities to 2014? I thought we weren't doing that anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Similarities to 2014? I thought we weren't doing that anymore..
    Define "we". I notice similarities in their approach and confidence and team cohesiveness starting to gel. Why is that a problem?

Define "we". I notice similarities in their approach and confidence and team cohesiveness starting to gel. Why is that a problem?
    There was a thread before the season where people were talking about comparing every team to 2014. I was just joshin'.

My personal opinion is that this team is completely different than 2014. Which doesn't mean better or worse, it's just constructed to win differently.

I personally do not think you can compare teams, unless they are all the same players and that will never happen. Teams are built on personalities of the players, not stats. We will never have another 2014 team, but we may have one that is better.

I personally do not think you can compare teams, unless they are all the same players and that will never happen. Teams are built on personalities of the players, not stats. We will never have another 2014 team, but we may have one that is better.
    Too many variables to compare, well said.

Without looking at numbers I would have thought 2014 was the best hitting team in UL history. Seeing the numbers, I had to go back to 2007 and look at the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    There was a thread before the season where people were talking about comparing every team to 2014. I was just joshin'.

My personal opinion is that this team is completely different than 2014. Which doesn't mean better or worse, it's just constructed to win differently.
    I can agree with that.

wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Here is your worthless/meaningless stats through 10 games. If anyone knows when the bats changed, I would appreciate it to mark the years.
    2011 was first season with BBCOR

2015 was first season with flat seam balls to try and help makeup for the bat change

wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Without looking at numbers I would have thought 2014 was the best hitting team in UL history. Seeing the numbers, I had to go back to 2007 and look at the roster.
    Those numbers above are only through 10 games, so it's just how they started. 2014 was still overall a better offensive team than 2007, but it wasn't a massive gap in some aspects

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Well, remember this is just thru the first 10 games. I'd bet 2014 blew 2007 out the water with final stats.

Edit: not blown out the water, but did have a better batting avg. 2007 had more HRs. 4 Players in double digits, Lucroy, Hawkins, Gisclair, Tatford. That was a fun team. I remember going to that Regional at Texas A&M. Made it to Champ Sunday un-scathed then got beat twice by A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    2011 was first season with BBCOR

2015 was first season with flat seam balls to try and help makeup for the bat change
    Thank you, I will highlight that next time I update.

Well, remember this is just thru the first 10 games. I'd bet 2014 blew 2007 out the water with final stats.

Edit: not blown out the water, but did have a better batting avg. 2007 had more HRs. 4 Players in double digits, Lucroy, Hawkins, Gisclair, Tatford. That was a fun team. I remember going to that Regional at Texas A&M. Made it to Champ Sunday un-scathed then got beat twice by A&M.
    I loved that team. One of my all time favorites. Just had a couple things go against us on Sunday. I thought that team was going to make a big run. Didn't Nolan Gisclair go bananas that year also? Offensive fireworks for sure.

UL Baseball Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

Your Monday update

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast