Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80

Thread: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

  1. #1
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,475

    UL Baseball Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    Here is your worthless/meaningless stats through 10 games. If anyone knows when the bats changed, I would appreciate it to mark the years.

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,128

    Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    I love this. Thanks MelRock


  3. #3
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,475

    Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I love this. Thanks MelRock
    Thanks, I am a numbers guys, I can't write or speak very well.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,906

    Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    Most strikeouts on offense and for the pitching staff in 15+ years thru the first 10 games. The hitting has already calmed down on that stat and is now stroking. The pitching will just continue to perform.

    I see some similarities of this team to the 2014 team. It's just a matter of them continuing to believe in themselves and becoming more consistent.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,906

    Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    Also, interesting that this staff has the lowest WHIP since 2004. This team can be very special if they continue to progress.


  6. #6
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,475

    Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    Yes strikeouts are not even close and yesterday did not help the ERA. If, it didn't happen, we don't give up the 4 runs in the 11th the ERA is down to 2.71.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,906

    Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Yes strikeouts are not even close and yesterday did not help the ERA. If, it didn't happen, we don't give up the 4 runs in the 11th the ERA is down to 2.71.
    Yea I was disappointed that our ERA took such a big hit yesterday cause we were really in great shape in that statistic. It'll come back down though over time.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Most strikeouts on offense and for the pitching staff in 15+ years thru the first 10 games. The hitting has already calmed down on that stat and is now stroking. The pitching will just continue to perform.

    I see some similarities of this team to the 2014 team. It's just a matter of them continuing to believe in themselves and becoming more consistent.
    Similarities to 2014? I thought we weren't doing that anymore..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,906

    Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Similarities to 2014? I thought we weren't doing that anymore..
    Define "we". I notice similarities in their approach and confidence and team cohesiveness starting to gel. Why is that a problem?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Define "we". I notice similarities in their approach and confidence and team cohesiveness starting to gel. Why is that a problem?
    There was a thread before the season where people were talking about comparing every team to 2014. I was just joshin'.

    My personal opinion is that this team is completely different than 2014. Which doesn't mean better or worse, it's just constructed to win differently.

  11. #11
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,475

    Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    I personally do not think you can compare teams, unless they are all the same players and that will never happen. Teams are built on personalities of the players, not stats. We will never have another 2014 team, but we may have one that is better.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I personally do not think you can compare teams, unless they are all the same players and that will never happen. Teams are built on personalities of the players, not stats. We will never have another 2014 team, but we may have one that is better.
    Too many variables to compare, well said.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Breaux Bridge
    Posts
    3,875

    Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I personally do not think you can compare teams, unless they are all the same players and that will never happen. Teams are built on personalities of the players, not stats. We will never have another 2014 team, but we may have one that is better.
    Without looking at numbers I would have thought 2014 was the best hitting team in UL history. Seeing the numbers, I had to go back to 2007 and look at the roster.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    There was a thread before the season where people were talking about comparing every team to 2014. I was just joshin'.

    My personal opinion is that this team is completely different than 2014. Which doesn't mean better or worse, it's just constructed to win differently.
    I can agree with that.

  15. #15
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    7,962

    Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Here is your worthless/meaningless stats through 10 games. If anyone knows when the bats changed, I would appreciate it to mark the years.
    2011 was first season with BBCOR

    2015 was first season with flat seam balls to try and help makeup for the bat change

  16. #16
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    7,962

    Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Without looking at numbers I would have thought 2014 was the best hitting team in UL history. Seeing the numbers, I had to go back to 2007 and look at the roster.
    Those numbers above are only through 10 games, so it's just how they started. 2014 was still overall a better offensive team than 2007, but it wasn't a massive gap in some aspects

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,906

    Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Without looking at numbers I would have thought 2014 was the best hitting team in UL history. Seeing the numbers, I had to go back to 2007 and look at the roster.
    Well, remember this is just thru the first 10 games. I'd bet 2014 blew 2007 out the water with final stats.

    Edit: not blown out the water, but did have a better batting avg. 2007 had more HRs. 4 Players in double digits, Lucroy, Hawkins, Gisclair, Tatford. That was a fun team. I remember going to that Regional at Texas A&M. Made it to Champ Sunday un-scathed then got beat twice by A&M.

  18. #18
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,475

    Default Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    2011 was first season with BBCOR

    2015 was first season with flat seam balls to try and help makeup for the bat change
    Thank you, I will highlight that next time I update.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Well, remember this is just thru the first 10 games. I'd bet 2014 blew 2007 out the water with final stats.

    Edit: not blown out the water, but did have a better batting avg. 2007 had more HRs. 4 Players in double digits, Lucroy, Hawkins, Gisclair, Tatford. That was a fun team. I remember going to that Regional at Texas A&M. Made it to Champ Sunday un-scathed then got beat twice by A&M.
    I loved that team. One of my all time favorites. Just had a couple things go against us on Sunday. I thought that team was going to make a big run. Didn't Nolan Gisclair go bananas that year also? Offensive fireworks for sure.

  20. #20
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,475

    UL Baseball Re: Meaningless Baseball Stats Comparison

    Your Monday update

    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •