Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Louisiana vs Texas State

Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas State

I turned it off bc I felt like a jinx. Anyway to re watch it?

I swear each time I turned it on txst went on a run

Happy as hell for Jay Wright. Showed a lot of emotion down the stretch and in OT. It fired the crowd and his team up. Those 3s were big time shots.

Game was over when Texas State's hot hand fouled out. Jay Wright put the team on his back and finished them off.

Side note, walking up to the dome for the men's game, heard the victory bell for the women. Louder than I expected.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Game was over when Texas State's hot hand fouled out. Jay Wright put the team on his back and finished them off.

Side note, walking up to the dome for the men's game, heard the victory bell for the women. Louder than I expected.

Been watching for a number (big number) of years

I have seen the great ones, but never have I seen a player take over a game like this

playing his butt off on defense and then the long distance 3s and the contortions of in air drives---after the overtime win was evident Marlin took him out to a big ovation and he did the fad deal of showing the front of his shirt stretched out

-on Jay Walker's after game, it was mentioned about Wright's remark in the dressing room post game---"It's March"

just WOW!!!

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Jay may not always play well, but there is no doubt he plays hard every second he is on the court. I mentioned to someone today that his motor reminds me of Russell Westbrook (obviously does not have skill of one of best players of NBA). I make that comment and couple of hours later he goes out and has one of the best four minutes of any Cajun in history. He simply would not let his team lose. Jay Walker says it was one of the best late game performances he has ever seen from a cajun in all of his years of calling cajun games- Top 10 performance. Hopefully there are a good number of folks that show up to demonstrate appreciation for his three years of tremendous effort come Saturday night. It will be the last time one of the great competitors to wear the Cajun uniform will play at the Dome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Sorry, had the teams listed backwards all night.

Texas St 84
    Louisiana 94
    FINAL/OT
    Doesn't matter, Louisiana came out on top.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    This team has had some hard fraught wins this year. TXST must hate playing us in basically everything.
    I don't know if the use of fraught was Freudian or not, but I love it. Perfect description for a hard fought game.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't know if the use of fraught was Freudian or not, but I love it. Perfect description for a hard fought game.
    Haha. Didn't notice. I'll go with...yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Happy as hell for Jay Wright. Showed a lot of emotion down the stretch and in OT. It fired the crowd and his team up. Those 3s were big time shots.
    I am honored to have that guy put it all out on the Court for the Vermilion and White.

While discussing before the game our plans for the weekend of Cajun sports.. I said without a doubt I'm going to baseball Friday night and basketball Saturday night. I can not miss Jay Wright's Senior Night. I am happy as hell to have been in attendance last night to see one of the best performances by a Cajun player.

Those final 3 minutes and overtime were spectacular to witness. That being said.. sounds like I'm doing Baseball Friday, Saturday and Sunday and basketball Saturday. Gonna miss out on Softball this weekend.. too much stuff for 3 days.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    This team has had some hard fraught wins this year. TXST must hate playing us in basically everything.
    I was thinking the same thing so I looked up the mens sports results since they came into the league in 2013-14.

We are:
    8-1 in MBB
    4-0 in FB
    11-4 in BSB

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing so I looked up the mens sports results since they came into the league in 2013-14.

We are:
    8-1 in MBB
    4-0 in FB
    11-4 in BSB
    4-4 in WBB
    12-1 Softball

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    While discussing before the game our plans for the weekend of Cajun sports.. I said without a doubt I'm going to baseball Friday night and basketball Saturday night. I can not miss Jay Wright's Senior Night. I am happy as hell to have been in attendance last night to see one of the best performances by a Cajun player.

Those final 3 minutes and overtime were spectacular to witness. That being said.. sounds like I'm doing Baseball Friday, Saturday and Sunday and basketball Saturday. Gonna miss out on Softball this weekend.. too much stuff for 3 days.
    Crowd last night was decent but not at the level before the losing streak. I had some fans tell me after the Troy game they were done for the year and not coming back. I think they are honoring that view despite the recent turnaround. Granted we still have lots of issues, especially defensively. Point is that beyond either the hard core Cajun fans or basketball fans, we cannot have any bad streaks at any part of a season to maintain attendance for the entire campaign. I think that is pretty normal for southern mid majors in today's athletic world so it is not surprising. Those folks who walked away missed one of the great individual comebacks in cajun history last night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2