Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 288

Thread: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Don't bring ya'lls weak ___ ____e to the Southland.
    McNeese 32 ULM 4
    UNO 11 LSU 8
    Southeastern 8 Tulane 5
    Houston Baptist 3 Houston 2
    SFA in extras vs Texas AM


  2. #262
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Big Shot View Post
    Don't bring ya'lls weak ___ ____e to the Southland.
    McNeese 32 ULM 4
    UNO 11 LSU 8
    Southeastern 8 Tulane 5
    Houston Baptist 3 Houston 2
    SFA in extras vs Texas AM
    Don't worry. We are picked to finish 7th in the Southland.

  3. #263
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Big Shot View Post
    Don't bring ya'lls weak ___ ____e to the Southland.
    McNeese 32 ULM 4
    UNO 11 LSU 8
    Southeastern 8 Tulane 5
    Houston Baptist 3 Houston 2
    SFA in extras vs Texas AM
    Play with yourself often?

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,125
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    Jay still polishing this turd as best as he can.
    I may have just been kind of aggravated about the Cajuns' performance tonight but all game I kept thinking to myself that I absolutely CANNOT wait for Jon Moon Walker to retire (or be replaced) as the voice of Ragin' Cajuns athletics.

    His arrogance and know it all attitude has become completely unbearable to listen to throughout a game! I can admit that this is highlighted when the Cajuns play as poorly as they did tonight.

    I have been able to avoid listening to him on sports talk radio since 103.7 has made 1420 absolutely irrelevant as in Lafayette sports talk radio but I have no other option on nights like tonight when I want to follow a Cajun baseball/basketball game.

    I know that Dr. Maggard has much bigger fish to fry but I really do hope that he takes a loooong look into 1420 and their "flagship" status MUCH sooner rather than later.

  5. #265
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Murray State - 13
    Hofstra - 9
    Southeastern - ?
    Nichols - 10
    Holy Balls... that's bad enough missing a game I know we struck out a lot in. That's depressing

  6. #266
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I may have just been kind of aggravated about the Cajuns' performance tonight but all game I kept thinking to myself that I absolutely CANNOT wait for Jon Moon Walker to retire (or be replaced) as the voice of Ragin' Cajuns athletics.

    His arrogance and know it all attitude has become completely unbearable to listen to throughout a game! I can admit that this is highlighted when the Cajuns play as poorly as they did tonight.

    I have been able to avoid listening to him on sports talk radio since 103.7 has made 1420 absolutely irrelevant as in Lafayette sports talk radio but I have no other option on nights like tonight when I want to follow a Cajun baseball/basketball game.

    I know that Dr. Maggard has much bigger fish to fry but I really do hope that he takes a loooong look into 1420 and their "flagship" status MUCH sooner rather than later.
    I've listened to a lot of baseball broadcasts in my lifetime. Pro, minor, college, high school, etc.

    Regardless of your qualms with his opinions or attitude or whatever, when Jay decides to hang it up, we will be losing a very good baseball announcer and a knowledgeable baseball man. We've disagreed on things over the years, but I've always appreciated and looked forward to him calling our games. IMO, he's one of the best out there.

    At some point, you have to understand, Jay is going to lay cover fire for the team. There are expectations and excitement like never before around Cajun baseball, and the team is taking heat right now. Jay is defending his own. I find myself having to do the same right now.

  7. #267
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That was a very troubling post game interview..
    Sounds like..."we need to score more early" or "we need more turnovers early." Let's not put Robe above reproach. This is his team.

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,553

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Ulmost...32 runs given up in their home opener...well, that doesn't make me feel better about our situation. But that's some funny stuff.


  9. #269
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Sounds like..."we need to score more early" or "we need more turnovers early." Let's not put Robe above reproach. This is his team.
    Mike, JT has almost unilateral control of his recruits and his system. It's been like that here for a long time. Of course it's Tony's team, I'm just adding perspective.

    You'll always get some level of coach speak from any coach, but it's fair to say Robe has always been consistently transparent. Whether what we're hearing is coach speak or not right now, I understand the need to tread lightly. I've said it a million times, and not patronizing anyone, but this game is a mind fock.

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    1,738

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Good Lord, everytime we upgrade something, everything falls apart!

    Football stadium/APC = losing season
    Cajundome = do not speak of it
    Moore field = questionable start

    Build it and they will come..... Build it and they will fail.


  11. #271
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Breaux Bridge
    Posts
    3,901

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I know that Dr. Maggard has much bigger fish to fry but I really do hope that he takes a loooong look into 1420 and their "flagship" status MUCH sooner rather than later.
    This is a bigger fish than you think. Media rights should be a revenue stream. How big it is just depends on the market. Extreme case: University of Texas with a value over $150 mil ... Yes $150 MILLION

  12. #272
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,553

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    This is a bigger fish than you think. Media rights should be a revenue stream. How big it is just depends on the market. Extreme case: University of Texas with a value over $150 mil ... Yes $150 MILLION
    I fully agree. However, the Longhorn Network won't be the same in a few years. It's bleeding the mother ship big time.

  13. #273
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Breaux Bridge
    Posts
    3,901

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I fully agree. However, the Longhorn Network won't be the same in a few years. It's bleeding the mother ship big time.
    Like I said, that is an extreme case. Its a revenue stream that will be producing money sooner than we think. I would hope that there is a contract in place before football next year. How much money it will make is to be seen.

  14. #274
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,018

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Mike, JT has almost unilateral control of his recruits and his system. It's been like that here for a long time. Of course it's Tony's team, I'm just adding perspective.

    You'll always get some level of coach speak from any coach, but it's fair to say Robe has always been consistently transparent. Whether what we're hearing is coach speak or not right now, I understand the need to tread lightly. I've said it a million times, and not patronizing anyone, but this game is a mind fock.
    Blaming everything on Talbot is disingenuous. It's passing the buck. It's Robe's team. Just like it was Hud's team. If Robe is being transparent, then why not say in the post game..."we suck at hitting the ball and we will work on it."? He didn't say that. He didn't even come close to saying that. Coaches normally go this route...when they don't know how to fix the problem.

  15. #275
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Blaming everything on Talbot is disingenuous. It's passing the buck. It's Robe's team. Just like it was Hud's team. If Robe is being transparent, then why not say in the post game..."we suck at hitting the ball and we will work on it."? He didn't say that. He didn't even come close to saying that. Coaches normally go this route...when they don't know how to fix the problem.
    That's what I meant by "troubling post game interview". By not addressing it, it tells me the team is fragile at this stage. That's the scariest thing to me.

  16. #276
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Carencro
    Posts
    853

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Robe will never blame anyone but himself in public, he will address the issues in private the way they should be.


  17. #277
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    Robe will never blame anyone but himself in public, he will address the issues in private the way they should be.
    Not true. He publicly blasted the offense last year, a couple times. Frustration and all.

  18. #278
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,912

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Good Lord, everytime we upgrade something, everything falls apart!

    Football stadium/APC = losing season
    Cajundome = do not speak of it
    Moore field = questionable start

    Build it and they will come..... Build it and they will fail.
    Again and again Cajun softball rewards it's fans better than any other sport. Lamson upgraded and the team went to the WCWS. Maybe the new batting facility will be the tripwire.

  19. #279
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,759

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Again and again Cajun softball rewards it's fans better than any other sport. Lamson upgraded and the team went to the WCWS. Maybe the new batting facility will be the tripwire.
    The hardest part about softball is the game times.. you almost have to be retired to attend a good portion of the games. Other than that.. top notch in almost every way.

  20. #280
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,394

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    If u want a postgame interview from someone who is a competitor like Robe, sometimes u get what u got last night. If you would of put a microphone in front of my face after the game last night ...u wouldn't of liked what I had to say either. He knows how to fix it, he will fix it, he always does. He is ten times harder on his pitchers than his position players. He will alway seek out the minor mistakes his pitchers make bc that's his baby. And in the end, what he said was true


Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •