Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 288

Thread: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,431

    Default Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Looks like start has been pushed back to 7pm


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,970

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    It has. They are trying to let that field get as much time to dry as possible.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,770
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Damn. Weather looks decent around then


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,431

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Grass field I assume?


  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    HIBODAUX, La. The Nicholls State University baseball team will make its 2017 Ray E. Didier debut Tuesday night against rival and No. 13th ranked Louisiana-Lafayette. First pitch is scheduled for 7 p.m. The game was originally scheduled for 6 p.m., but was pushed back due to heavy rain in the area Monday night.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,970

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Grass field I assume?
    Yes. They had the tarp down, but the outfield is pretty wet.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Nicholls put a beating on wake forest here in Houston on Saturday. Amazing how much talent there is all throughout this part of the country in baseball.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    476

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Anybody making the trip tonight?


  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,624

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    Nicholls put a beating on wake forest here in Houston on Saturday. Amazing how much talent there is all throughout this part of the country in baseball.
    They also got beat down by WFU. They lost 5-0 in game one, then won game 2 12-5. They then got beat by Houston in game 3, 5-3.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,770
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    I just find myself praying we get our first home run tonight and that lights a spark


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Who's starting tonight?


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    476

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Jack Burk


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,970

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I just find myself praying we get our first home run tonight and that lights a spark
    Not an easy task at that ballpark. It is not conducive to hitting. It isn't impossible though.

  14. #14
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,536

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Not an easy task at that ballpark. It is not conducive to hitting. It isn't impossible though.
    Yes, I think it was Tros hit one hard to left last year but the wind seems to always be blowing in from left.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Tony mentioned at the meeting today that playing at Nicholls has been difficult for the Cajuns since he has been here at UL. Although the Cajuns have a winning record against Nicholls, they are only 4-10 in Thibodaux!!!!!


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,970

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Yes, I think it was Tros hit one hard to left last year but the wind seems to always be blowing in from left.
    I remember that. It would have been a no doubter anywhere else.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,970

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Tony mentioned at the meeting today that playing at Nicholls has been difficult for the Cajuns since he has been here at UL. Although the Cajuns have a winning record against Nicholls, they are only 4-10 in Thibodaux!!!!!
    They recruit well to their ballpark. Good pitching and speedy guys. They rarely have great hitters or power hitters.

  18. #18
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,601

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Tony mentioned at the meeting today that playing at Nicholls has been difficult for the Cajuns since he has been here at UL. Although the Cajuns have a winning record against Nicholls, they are only 4-10 in Thibodaux!!!!!
    ......The days of Mike Knight coaching for Nichols!!!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    476

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

    So Nicholls stops selling tickets online at 4pm...im guessing you can purchase at the gate?? Never been to a Nicholls event.


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weareLOUISIANA View Post
    So Nicholls stops selling tickets online at 4pm...im guessing you can purchase at the gate?? Never been to a Nicholls event.
    I've narrowed down my good baseball venues and bad baseball venues (outside of Lafayette) to who sells beer and who doesn't.

    Colonels ok in my book.

    Btw, Jack Burk is a stud. I expect some jitters tonight, but that guy will be a superstar for the Cajuns at some point.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •