Thread: Family Ties From the Bird's Nest

This is so COOL Family Ties From the Bird's Nest

The phone rang Wednesday in my office.

The man said he was a bit surprised to reach me so easily. _(It doesn't happen often. _I'm not in the office a lot each day before my radio show.)

He identified himself as Ron Archey. _"I'm calling in reference to an article you wrote entitled "A Veteran's Day Tribute."

I was, of course, very familiar with the article. _It was a tribute to my father, who had passed away in October, 2011. _I published it on Veteran's Day of that year and, in it, also mentioned the members of my immediate family who had served in the military.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Alumni Re: Family Ties From the Bird's Nest

Heard it on the radio. Very heartwarming, cannot be anything but glad for his brother and the missing sister.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Family Ties From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Heard it on the radio. Very heartwarming, cannot be anything but glad for his brother and the missing sister.
    ---there is one great thing about going to DeRidder and that is to visit with my 96 year old Father in Law

he got a message this Summer that he is the last survivor of his whole section of drop off planes squads that were used in WWII---and these guys think college athletics is pressure---WOW what a generation then as are our service guys now!!!