Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs. Hofstra

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Hofstra

Players, even returning players, are nervous AF for the first few games of each season. Guys will settle in and be fine.

That said, there is a lot of guys capable of being starting position players so those that have been in the lineup the first couple games and aren't producing maybe should start looking over their shoulder. We've seen it year in and year out. The lineup to start the year changes dramatically as the season progresses

Sensley will get healthy. Jam had a good offseason. Poncho hasn't appeared yet. Ray hasn't played. There's a lot of talent available so the guys in the lineup better get it straight.

I watched for a few innings and it was flat out boring to watch. Same old hitting as last year. 🖓

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    I watched for a few innings and it was flat out boring to watch. Same old hitting as last year. 🖓
    The team that hosted a regional? And had the national runner up on the ropes?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    So when does the new AD have a serious sit-down with Robe to let him know hitting performances like these are unacceptable?

There is plenty of talent offensively. I think these guys are pressing to do something big knowing there is someone waiting in the wings to take there spot. And alllll the hype leading up to the season. neither of the two teams should have been able to stay on the field with us this weekend. If we play like that tomm, it's not gonna be pretty. And if we play like that against Sam Houston it will be even uglier. Gotta get it together pretty quick.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Robe is successful; his teams win and his players are character guys. That being said, I would rather watch paint dry than watch a Robe team play ball. I just don't like the offensive philosophy. I am not saying it is bad or wrong, necessarily, just that it is not the style of baseball I enjoy watching.

I don't think we are playing to our strengths offensively. It seems like every year we try to ham fist small ball even if our team doesn't have the personnel to run it. I think that has more to do with Babineaux than it does with Talbot. Talbot will get the blame unfortunately. You always have to worry about a coach who no one else will hire, yet they stick around. I could be way off here. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    It's a different team. That's last year's team. But yes the ragin cajuns baseball team. Boring

As long as pitching and defense is playing like this, hitting will come around.

Hitting will absolutely come around. Our pitching can keep us in almost every single game. Guess what? That wins games in June.

Step off the ledge, we've played TWO GAMES so far!!!!!

How you guys aren't encouraged beyond belief is beyond me. We just hit about as bad as we've ever hit in two games, and we lost 2-0 and won 1-0. The hitting will come around, as early as Monday, and we have about 6 dudes that can throw gems like that every night that haven't even been run out yet.

This is an Omaha caliber team. Absolutely no doubt in my mind.

This is the same way every season begins. And the same fan reaction to it every year.

Our pitchers gave up 2 runs in two games. Offense will come around. Patience
    Ahhhhh a voice of reason... If this goes on for another 2 or 3 games you will have the "Robe has lost it.. he has to go" crowd resurfacing... I trust Robe and this is not unusual for this team.... As you say PATIENCE

And on the plus side when the bats do wake up the pitching is as advertised...

Slow down... you are interrupting a good ole RP beatch fest.... of course you are correct....

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Re: Louisiana vs. Hofstra

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Ahhhhh a voice of reason... If this goes on for another 2 or 3 games you will have the "Robe has lost it.. he has to go" crowd resurfacing... I trust Robe and this is not unusual for this team.... As you say PATIENCE

And on the plus side when the bats do wake up the pitching is as advertised...
    Two games is not a trend, but is troubling. No doubt this lack of hitting is a continuation of the prior two seasons. We had outstanding hitting for the seasons Deggs was here, and did not for the several seasons prior to his being here.

People were not questioning Robe in those days because of pitching or defense, but lack of hitting. He fixed it with Deggs, both in recruits and production.

No shame in losing in to Murray State, they went 3-0 this weekend. They are going to be tough, www.warrennolan.com has their predicted record at 53-0.

They are a solid club.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Two games is not a trend, but is troubling. No doubt this lack of hitting is a continuation of the prior two seasons. We had outstanding hitting for the seasons Deggs was here, and did not for the several seasons prior to his being here.

People were not questioning Robe in those days because of pitching or defense, but lack of hitting. He fixed it with Deggs, both in recruits and production.
    Let's not get too sideways here.

Like I said, the brainiacs need to learn how to compartmentalize. It is possible to support the team, like the team overall, AND discuss short comings at the same time. Crazy, I know.

We hang our hat on pitching and defense, and both were stellar in 2 games. Great news there.

But speaking of crazy, anyone hear from crazycajun recently?

We aren't beating southeastern tonight with one run. Mark that

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    No shame in losing in to Murray State, they went 3-0 this weekend. They are going to be tough, www.warrennolan.com has their predicted record at 53-0.

They are a solid club.
    Warren Nolan with the bold predictions!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Let's not get too sideways here.

Like I said, the brainiacs need to learn how to compartmentalize. It is possible to support the team, like the team overall, AND discuss short comings at the same time. Crazy, I know.

We hang our hat on pitching and defense, and both were stellar in 2 games. Great news there.
    Exactly. I won't speak for everyone on here. But I can say for me personally, it is absolutely laughable if anyone is panicking about the overall team. I know for me personally, I'm more concerned with the approach at the plate and it really has nothing to do with the fact that we won or lost. I'm basing it off watching every single at bat so far this season and comparing it with the same style approach the last two seasons that really hurt us in the beginning of the season.

My only reason for bringing my points up is that I'd hope we don't wait until mid season to change our approach again as that could be too late.

Anyone here doubting our overall team should not be taken seriously. Everyone knows our pitching staff is loaded. We just want a better performance from our offense so that we can be the 2014 Cajuns, and not the 2015 and 2016 Cajuns. Yes, both 14 and 16 hosted Regionals and 15 actually made it to Supers for the back to back run. But 15 and 16 teams overachieved offensively at the tail end of the season to make those things happen. I'd like to see us perform the way we are supposed to all year long like 2014 and earn a National Seed.

Sorry for reaching for higher goals. But they are most certainly and undoubtedly attainable with this pitching staff. But only if the offense learns how to score often.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast