Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My latest blog---expansion

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default My latest blog---expansion

Check it out at www.espn1420.com

Click on sports blogs.

Default Re: My latest blog---expansion

Interesting scenarios you lay out, Jay. None of which really affect the Cajuns.

If the WAC crumbles, where do you see LA Tech headed? Certainly their fanbase would cry to no end to have to even consider the "belch" as they say.

Heck, lots of Cajun fans don't want to be in the Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ Check it out at www.espn1420.com

Click on sports blogs. _
    If you are going to be a legit sportswriter you need to put away your clear bias of Louisiana Tech away. It just makes you look stupid. To say that Tech has no shot at CUSA is just plain stupid. Try being a professional and put negative feelings aside if you want to make it in your game.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    _ If you are going to be a legit sportswriter you need to put away your clear bias of Louisiana Tech away. It just makes you look stupid. To say that Tech has no shot at CUSA is just plain stupid. Try being a professional and put negative feelings aside if you want to make it in your game. _

Well we cant all be as legit as "Big Bubba" Watson at the Shvpt Times... C'mon Beaux, you dont like the truth, go some place else....knucklehead.

Z

no Z being objective is what I expect when I read something. If the guy wants to be a legitimate sports writer, which I don't know if blogs are even legitimate sportswriting, than put away you ill feelings, and write objectively. La Tech is certainly going to be heavily considered for the next round of expansion. I am not saying other schools won't as well.

For what it's worth, I think your claim would hold more water if it was our beat writer for the daily advertiser, Josh Parrot, writing with an anti-Tech slant.

The blog wasn't bad. Probably didn't need jabs at Tech and FAU/FIU to make the point though. Most of the scenarios have been kicked about throughout the internet; so mostly a rehash. Things would really have to get messed up to adversely affect us though; or for that matter, to give us a good chance at "moving up." With any luck this brings about a more widespread change that give existing conferences the chance to really look smartly at the landscape and reshape more efficiently.

Is the site down for anyone else?

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    _ Is the site down for anyone else? _
    Mine too.

No doubt a cyber attack from Ruston.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ no Z being objective is what I expect when I read something. If the guy wants to be a legitimate sports writer, which I don't know if blogs are even legitimate sportswriting, than put away you ill feelings, and write objectively. La Tech is certainly going to be heavily considered for the next round of expansion. I am not saying other schools won't as well. _
    Its a blog. He's not a sportswriter, he's a play by play guy and radio show host. He has opinions.

Its down for me too

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ If you are going to be a legit sportswriter you need to put away your clear bias of Louisiana Tech away. It just makes you look stupid. To say that Tech has no shot at CUSA is just plain stupid. Try being a professional and put negative feelings aside if you want to make it in your game. _
    Sorry there, Mr. Sensitivity. What I said was that Tech had no shot last time (and, regardless of what you may believe, it's true) and in the next round, North Texas will be a more attractive candidate (which, based on market size and facility upgrades,is my opinion.)

Sorry if I hurt your feelings...but it is what it is.

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ Check it out at www.espn1420.com

Click on sports blogs. _

Site won't open. Anyone else having trouble?

sorry for mistaking you for a sportswriter. You can write whatever you want man. It's just obvious you hate Tech

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ sorry for mistaking you for a sportswriter. You can write whatever you want man. It's just obvious you hate Tech _
    ... as do most of us. So why are you on this board?

_ sorry for mistaking you for a sportswriter. You can write whatever you want man. It's just obvious you hate Tech _
    When are we playing ya'll in football again?

HATE is a really strong word. I would not say Jay and others on this board hate tech maybe it's more like a sibling rivalry.

Normally people only get this touchy when they know that what is being said is the truth but they don't want to admit it.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Etowncajun View Post
    _ HATE is a really strong word. I would not say Jay and others on this board hate tech maybe it's more like a sibling rivalry. _
    Hate is more accurate. I know I sure hate them.

Dude, reduce the estrogen a bit. It's time for sensitivity training and no, I'm not coming with you to your lemans classes as well (Been once already and they don't work but I think you'd complain the whole time thus driving me crazy ) Seriously, Jay was not showing any hate towards Tech. His tone was really no different talking about them versus any of the other schools.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast