Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Louisiana vs. Murray St.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Murray St.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I'm no baseball expert, but doesn't good pitching win most games?
    Yes. But we can't tell if this was the greatest day of all days in Murray State pitching... or what at this point. Our pitching was pretty damn solid as well. That UL pitching performance will win most games on our schedule. We just couldn't get timely hits. I don't think a single game is a good indication of anything... regardless of the supposed inferior status of the opponent.

Didn't we lose the first game of the 2015 season to Eastern Illinois at home? How many games did we win that year?

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Didn't we lose the first game of the 2015 season to Eastern Illinois at home? How many games did we win that year?
    Lots.

Sorry it was 2014 and we lost the first game of the season 5-1 at home but won 58 games, was ranked # 1 in the country and was one win away from the CWS. We will be fine.

1st trip to SE LA yesterday. Cute ballpark and a pretty day. We struck out 13 times and hit 744 pop flies. Gunner and Wyatt looked ready. I will miss Joe Robbins next year. That's baseball.

Guys the L was my fault. I wasn't drinking for the game and was stone sober. The mistake won't be repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Guys the L was my fault. I wasn't drinking for the game and was stone sober. The mistake won't be repeated.
    I didn't jam to Centerfield when I first woke up either. I did this morning. Things will he different today.

Damnit Rougarou, get your act together son. Don't you know anything about RPI? Every game matters. You better be drunk every game son.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Damnit Rougarou, get your act together son. Don't you know anything about RPI? Every game matters. You better be drunk every game son.
    The problem was that I was so in the zone and liquored up on Friday that I had nothing in the tank for Saturday. We would have run ruled SLU on Friday had the game gone forward. My wife was appalled at my commitment to this Baseball program.

It's about time to start pregaming.

[https://media3.giphy.com/media/KylMzku5T57A4/giphy.gif]

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Re: Louisiana vs. Murray St.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Sorry it was 2014 and we lost the first game of the season 5-1 at home but won 58 games, was ranked # 1 in the country and was one win away from the CWS. We will be fine.
    Of course we had mediocre bats in 15 & 16 but still got enough to get to regionals and nearly two super regionals. No doubt the thing that bothers me is the same guys who had mediocre seasons last year and had glowing pre season props looked exactly like they did last year. Kusals, as a lead off hitter? He must have shown a lot more in summer league and fall ball than he showed last year.

It is just one game, but we only get about fifteen loses to have a chance at a regional host, and we sure don't want to squander those losses on bad competitors. We shall see if Murry State is a 'that's baseball' game.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Of course we had mediocre bats in 15 & 16 but still got enough to get to regionals and nearly two super regionals. No doubt the thing that bothers me is the same guys who had mediocre seasons last year and had glowing pre season props looked exactly like they did last year. Kusals, as a lead off hitter? He must have shown a lot more in summer league and fall ball than he showed last year.

It is just one game, but we only get about fifteen loses to have a chance at a regional host, and we sure don't want to squander those losses on bad competitors. We shall see if Murry State is a 'that's baseball' game.
    If we finish strong like last year including winning the conference regular season and tournament championship, we may be able to host with a few more than 15 losses. Probably not many more however and Express is correct in that the bats were mediocre last year until late in the season. Tonight's game will be interesting.

The beer was only $5 over there

So Murray St. beat SLU today 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyPaul43 View Post
    The beer was only $5 over there
    Not bad. Wish I could have been there.

So Murray St. beat SLU today 3-1.
    Hopefully they continue to win and keep that RPI high

MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Although they were picked 7th in the Ohio Valley Conference they did receive 2 first place votes. I found that kinda interesting but they did return a lot of players.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Although they were picked 7th in the Ohio Valley Conference they did receive 2 first place votes. I found that kinda interesting but they did return a lot of players.
    Supposedly returned all fielders and weekend staff from last year.

MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Supposedly returned all fielders and weekend staff from last year.
    Thanks, I did not look that close.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7