Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs. Murray St.

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Murray St.

No one said we weren't going to have a successful season. The comments were regarding our offensive attack.

Everyone here is smart enough to know that was only one game. The passive aggressive group needs to figure out how to compartmentalize.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    No one said we weren't going to have a successful season. The comments were regarding our offensive attack.

Everyone here is smart enough to know that was only one game. The passive aggressive group needs to figure out how to compartmentalize.
    Just a joke. Lighten up, Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Our pitching gave up two runs....one on a homer and the other by a walk....So Murray wasn't really hitting them all over the park.
    True. Pitching was as expected for the most part. One rough inning from Leger but overall it was solid. That should be the norm all season - we have some serious depth in the pen

How much input does Babineaux have in the offensive game plan?

HoustonCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Nervous. Only 50 or so games left. Cutting it close.
    We are the ranked team. Murray State should have been nervous.

Robe has to change up the corners of the outfield tomorrow. Stover needs some serious work on his swing. Murray's pitcher made him look as bad as I have seen any college hitter. What does Fontentot have on Robe. Dude hits under .100 consistently and is still playing.

The biggest thing for me is the fact that we lost to a team that is not very good. Sub .500 record last year I believe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    The biggest thing for me is the fact that we lost to a team that is not very good. Sub .500 record last year I believe.
    The biggest thing for me is all of the strike outs.....just an extension of the first 2/3 of last season. Wayyyyy too many strike outs.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Robe has to change up the corners of the outfield tomorrow. Stover needs some serious work on his swing. Murray's pitcher made him look as bad as I have seen any college hitter. What does Fontentot have on Robe. Dude hits under .100 consistently and is still playing.
    I'm not down on our hitters. I know Stover can hit the baseball. And this is not an overreaction to one game. RP archives will show, from beginning to end of last season (with the exception of the adjustment mid season), I did not like our approach. It seemed like we were too aggressive in unnecessary situations and not aggressive enough when we needed to push the envelope.

First live action for some, I understand that. There is always an adjustment period. But, Monica (a new comer) had our best swings on their starter, and Brenn looked like Brenn.

Another thing: we need to let our vets do their job. Why pull Penni for Antchak? I like Brad, but I'd much prefer Penni in that spot. Also, last batter of the game, we let Sensley stay in to face a guy that throws slurves and breakers exclusively? Steve has improved with uncle Charlie, but my goodness, we all know he's not hitting sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    The biggest thing for me is all of the strike outs.....just an extension of the first 2/3 of last season. Wayyyyy too many strike outs.
    Strikeouts and pop ups.. symptoms of the approach. Too much going on.

We lost to central Illinois at home in '14.. and went on to win 58 games. Pump the brakes a little. It's gonna be alright

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    We lost to central Illinois at home in '14.. and went on to win 58 games. Pump the brakes a little. It's gonna be alright
    Thought it was eastern Illinois. And they lost to usa by like 30 tonight. In baseball.

Regardless ... central, eastern, southern....idc. We lost. At home. And went on to win 58 that season

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Zeebart here..remember, I am the guy that hates everything? Yeah, so yesterday.. we should not have lost that game....but Eastern Illinois 1 UL 0 a few years back, comes to mind... Ill bet we win waaaaaay more than we lose this year. Two constants for UL sports...Softball and baseball. Relax everyone, spring is gonna be awesome!!!

Z

PS this is the last positive thing I will say for the next 22 days, 13 hours, 42 minutes and 3.02 seconds. Enjoy your Sunday.

Lol, Z. I don't believe anyone is panicking. The hitters will come around. MAT explained it best.

I bet being charged up to play Friday night, then getting rained out had an affect on the team.

There were plenty of lessons to learn yesterday (most notably you have to find a way to get runs in when their pitcher is throwing a gem) and I'm willing to bet Robe is using it as a teaching moment.

I have a feeling today might be what the doctor ordered for our hitters. I think SLU beat them by more than 10 last night.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Lol, Z. I don't believe anyone is panicking. The hitters will come around. MAT explained it best.

I bet being charged up to play Friday night, then getting rained out had an affect on the team.

There were plenty of lessons to learn yesterday (most notably you have to find a way to get runs in when their pitcher is throwing a gem) and I'm willing to bet Robe is using it as a teaching moment.

I have a feeling today might be what the doctor ordered for our hitters. I think SLU beat them by more than 10 last night.
    I know that. I just hadn't posted anything profound in a while. Geaux Cajuns!!!!

Z

I'm no baseball expert, but doesn't good pitching win most games?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Zeebart here..remember, I am the guy that hates everything? Yeah, so yesterday.. we should not have lost that game....but Eastern Illinois 1 UL 0 a few years back, comes to mind... Ill bet we win waaaaaay more than we lose this year. Two constants for UL sports...Softball and baseball. Relax everyone, spring is gonna be awesome!!!

Z
    That is profound

ps I read ahead

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

Z

PS this is the last positive thing I will say for the next 22 days, 13 hours, 42 minutes and 3.02 seconds. Enjoy your Sunday.
    BS! Fire Robe. He's slacking off. I could see it in his eyes. This season is done. We suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I'm no baseball expert, but doesn't good pitching win most games?
    Not when your main source of contact is pop ups.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast