Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: LA at ULM

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: LA at ULM

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Absolutely no doubt they are ____ing with us. Nobody that successful is simultaneously that incompetent.
    Absolute fact. Someone at ESPN is doing this deliberately. I think it's a low level person. If ESPN had these kind of failures of any other variety on a regular basis... 3 big shots would be fired. It's a low level clown doing this... and it is either not being caught by the management... figured by management to purely be an isolated mistake by the clown... or they know the clown does it and they just don't care. But this is not a habitual accident by ESPN.

#1 on ESPN SC Top10 plays this morning. Awesome.

You would think that with ESPN being as liberal and PC as they are, they would call us by our athletic brand after all the complaints through the years.

I thought that complaining was how you got things done in this country. Complaining is how boys got to use the girls bathroom. ESPN and the NCAA stand behind that 100% for some reason. But God forbid we call ourselves Louisiana. #LiberalLogic

Can anyone link a video of the GW shot? Or know where I can find it?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Just look up a page in this thread. It has been linked multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I remember the Tennessee loss in the NIT back in the 80's. I don't remember a late loss to Jacksonville with either a half court shot or collapse. By the way I remembered another last second three to win a game. It was a shot by Jay Wright to beat Sam Houston on the road in the second round of the CIT. That was in 2015.
    Jacksonville at home early 90's. Up by I think 6 and with the ball. 1:06 left, Fletcher calls a TO. I'm wrong about finish. Went OT and lost. But I won $5 bet when Fletcher called the TO.

____
    CDD, saw that on SC and heard the fine "Lafayette" win.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Any chance we can get RB's radio call? I'm sure I wasn't the only one that may have turned the radio off a bit early.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

On Facebook, Ryan said they will have it up tomorrow. There is something interesting as well to view if you want to look at the ESPN3 replay. Right before Evans goes to the line for the "and one" free throw, we call time out. In the huddle you can see Coach Marlin demonstrating to PJ Hardy how to climb on the back of the ULM poor free throw shooter. It was executed to perfection especially since Evans calmly sank his shot. The staff has not pushed the right buttons as often as anyone would like in conference play. However that is one call that they nailed. As far at the name goes, when it was over we were called the most important name there is; WINNER. I know I have said that many times but it is especially true when you steal one in which you were generally outplayed.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    On Facebook, Ryan said they will have it up tomorrow. There is something interesting as well to view if you want to look at the ESPN3 replay. Right before Evans goes to the line for the "and one" free throw, we call time out. In the huddle you can see Coach Marlin demonstrating to PJ Hardy how to climb on the back of the ULM poor free throw shooter. It was executed to perfection especially since Evans calmly sank his shot. The staff has not pushed the right buttons as often as anyone would like in conference play. However that is one call that they nailed. As far at the name goes, when it was over we were called the most important name there is; WINNER. I know I have said that many times but it is especially true when you steal one in which you were generally outplayed.
    Thanks for the info, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I hope we have some left for March!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Any chance we can get RB's radio call? I'm sure I wasn't the only one that may have turned the radio off a bit early.
    It was a 'classic' call!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    1. Why did we not wear Louisiana "away" jerseys to play ULM?
    I've thought about this. I'd prefer not to push the issue in the city of Monroe on gameday. Let sleeping dogs lie. No benefit and potential backlash from ULM when they're actually helping us.

2. Why did ULM refer to us as UL L given the conference directive?
    I'm not the least bit worried about what ULM calls us at their place, where nobody's watching. Also, the sign outside said "ULM vs Louisiana"

3. Why does Alabama's athletic website (and Tuscaloosa newspaper) still refer to us as Louisiana Lafayette, especially given Coach Murphy's connection to UL?
    Don't know, but the basketball and baseball teams over there get this right.

4. Just what has our athletic department been doing to promote Louisiana outside of simply our use of the name?
    Ask Matt Sullivan that question. The university is taking the name thing very seriously now. It's bearing fruit. Many stadiums use "LA" on the scoreboard, and some networks already use "LA" and "Louisiana." Many of ESPN's announcers ignore ESPN's direction and call us Louisiana anyway, even stating publicly that they think it's ridiculous (in not so many words) that ESPN has an issue with this. Ben McDonald did during Super Regional baseball. Bob Valvano did on Twitter after the Little Rock game this year.

And Maggard said his team will address the Lafayette Leopards thing on Monday, and is vocal on Twitter already.

It's coming together.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Follow up:

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Follow up:

Humm, not outdated file, but completely wrong file. That is unless we were the Leopards at one time.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Humm, not outdated file, but completely wrong file. That is unless we were the Leopards at one time.
    I think it's just semantics. Very possible they had that logo on our file at one time

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast