_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

  1. #1

    UL Baseball Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

    Another new record for season ticket sales combined with the continued work at M. L. "Tigue" Moore Field/Russo Park has forced a suspension in season ticket sales for Ragin' Cajuns Baseball.

    The announcement was made by the UL Athletic Department as season ticket sales have increased by more than 500 from last year's total.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

    Anyone have tickets for sale March 11?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Humble, TX
    Posts
    1,861

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

    Did they add enough seats to Russo?


  4. #4
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,352

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    Did they add enough seats to Russo?
    Yep. You want to size it to be full for big weekend series and post season but small enough so that mid week games don't look like there are 100 people there. Keep in mind you are looking at a seating capacity of about 4600 in the grandstand, bleachers, and existing boxes. I don't think that includes the new boxes below the grandstand or the suites when available, which I would guess would put you close to 5000. Maybe someone more in the know could verify.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Humble, TX
    Posts
    1,861

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Yep. You want to size it to be full for big weekend series and post season but small enough so that mid week games don't look like there are 100 people there. Keep in mind you are looking at a seating capacity of about 4600 in the grandstand, bleachers, and existing boxes. I don't think that includes the new boxes below the grandstand or the suites when available, which I would guess would put you close to 5000. Maybe someone more in the know could verify.
    Small enough to draw demand... I get it.

    But I ask this question... If the Tigue/Russo's capacity was between 7k and 8k, would there be enough Cajuns fans, willing and able to attend, to fill the stadium to capacity? If not 7-8k, then what is that capacity?

  6. #6
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,352

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    Small enough to draw demand... I get it.

    But I ask this question... If the Tigue/Russo's capacity was between 7k and 8k, would there be enough Cajuns fans, willing and able to attend, to fill the stadium to capacity? If not 7-8k, then what is that capacity?
    If with the planned addition we're full almost 100% of the weekend series games and 80% full on the weekday games I'd say you could maybe handle another 2000 seats. If that winds up being the case, I think you'd see the phase 2 plans start up which would be removing the current first and then third base bleachers and extend the grandstand bowl down the lines.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    If with the planned addition we're full almost 100% of the weekend series games and 80% full on the weekday games I'd say you could maybe handle another 2000 seats. If that winds up being the case, I think you'd see the phase 2 plans start up which would be removing the current first and then third base bleachers and extend the grandstand bowl down the lines.
    Will that add capacity? It appears that we will just be replacing bleachers with grandstands achieving a nicer look. To increase capacity, we'd have to go out further or up higher

  8. #8
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,666

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

    Think of it this way, if the Cajundome was a 7,000 (or 5,500) seat arena instead of a 12,000 arena, how much better would the atmosphere be? Sure we put 8,000+ several times, but it is not what we ever needed. Again just my 2 cents. Oh by the way we have not paid for this stadium and are more than a few years away from doing so.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Humble, TX
    Posts
    1,861

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Think of it this way, if the Cajundome was a 7,000 (or 5,500) seat arena instead of a 12,000 arena, how much better would the atmosphere be? Sure we put 8,000+ several times, but it is not what we ever needed. Again just my 2 cents. Oh by the way we have not paid for this stadium and are more than a few years away from doing so.
    Good points. Cajundome surplus (seats)>demand. But, what's break even for Russo/Tigue?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,127

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

    I believe that if capacity were 7-8k, we would still sell out for regionals and super regionals. 7-8k would not be necessary for the regular season.

    Not trying to take shots, but look at alex box. Seating capacity at around 10k. It's full for opening weekend and for postseason. Catch a mid week game or any other weekend game on tv and there are some empty seats. More than a few empty seats At that. Especially the mid week games.


  11. #11
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,676

    UL Baseball Re: Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Think of it this way, if the Cajundome was a 7,000 (or 5,500) seat arena instead of a 12,000 arena, how much better would the atmosphere be? Sure we put 8,000+ several times, but it is not what we ever needed. Again just my 2 cents. Oh by the way we have not paid for this stadium and are more than a few years away from doing so.
    That 8k at the dome was actually over 10k for more than two times. When they developed the dome it assumed basketball would continue to be excellent. That was before tv every night, and decades of mediocre teams.

    The Tigue at about 5k seems optimum. Let's build the demand before building a be humongous empty stadium.

    The Cajuns have ten crowds of over 9K, five over 10K, and one over 11K. I wonder how many people would be watching teams like Lamar had, and Tony?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,289

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

    5k is perfect for what we are looking for. When we hosted Ole Miss for the Super Regionals, attendance was at around 4200 for each game with standing-room only included. Add that factor in come Regional time and now we are at around 5500-6000 fans. That's impressive.


  13. #13
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,666

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

    The new decks above the bleacher seats will be able to accommodate standing room only and if I remember correctly temporary seating for a regional and/or super regional.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: Baseball Season Ticket Sales Suspended

    From someone in the know... One reason to suspend sales was to make sure they had some single game ticket availability... don't want the term "sold out" to keep people away. Also, of course, will need required allotments for our NCAA visitors when Cajuns host. They do expect to sell more season tickets, but not until exact numbers are known. Don't want to oversell. They are taking names on a waiting list at the Cajundome box office... Could just email Casbon to be added.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •