Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LSU QB Brandon Harris to transfer

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Default Re: LSU QB Brandon Harris to transfer

pass

It's what we need to do this fall, and on this guy.

Looks like he's headed to Blue Heaven, UNC. Has reportedly added 7 UNC tweet connections, including head coach, OC, and DC. Either that or he's fishing for UNC/Duke tickets...round 2 from Chapel Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Looks like he's headed to Blue Heaven, UNC. Has reportedly added 7 UNC tweet connections, including head coach, OC, and DC. Either that or he's fishing for UNC/Duke tickets...round 2 from Chapel Hill.
    ...ditto
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hard to believe an lswho graduate could get accepted to a unc grad school

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Hard to believe an lswho graduate could get accepted to a unc grad school
    Uh, it's been proven that UNC will do anything, including farbricating grades and while classes, to keep players eligible. You think a few handshakes to get Harris into the grad program is out of the realm of possibility? Don't be naive.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Uh, it's been proven that UNC will do anything, including farbricating grades and while classes, to keep players eligible. You think a few handshakes to get Harris into the grad program is out of the realm of possibility? Don't be naive.
    They only do that for basketball, apparently with the full support of the NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    What percentage of lswho grads do you honestly think are smarter than unc grads. I suspect you dont follow education very closely. Why do so many on here constantly talk up lswho, think they ever return the favor???

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    What was ben simmons' gpa?

Wow 31, I rarely agree with MAT, but hes right on this one. He isn't talking up lsu, he's saying unc will make some shady deals to get him to campus.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Wow 31, I rarely agree with MAT, but hes right on this one. He isn't talking up lsu, he's saying unc will make some shady deals to get him to campus.
    Considering they have a top prospect at qb in the nfl draft, they seem to recruit the position better than most in sec, true or false, why would they need an lsu reject? Plus please review the academic ratings as well. Next you will be telling me louisiana tech is a better engineering school than georgia tech?

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

What percentage of lswho grads do you honestly think are smarter than unc grads. I suspect you dont follow education very closely. Why do so many on here constantly talk up lswho, think they ever return the favor???
    You're missing his point. He's not talking up the typical LSU grad, he's acknowledging UNC standards aren't for athletes. Again we have zero idea how bright Harris is, but a degree in three years is better than most graduate students do.

@JacquesDoucet: Brandon Harris is adamant he is not transferring to an instate school. Wants to get away. #LSU

@JacquesDoucet: Brandon Harris says he's spoken to 15 Power 5 schools since transfer announcement. Some in SEC, some not. #LSU

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You're missing his point. He's not talking up the typical LSU grad, he's acknowledging UNC standards aren't for athletes. Again we have zero idea how bright Harris is, but a degree in three years is better than most graduate students do.
    When one majors in general studies or interdisciplinary studies it makes it quite easier to graduate sooner. As more classes count, you dont have to wait to satisfy as many prerequisites and have less scheduling conflicts. But it begs questioning if the new apr standards required declaring a major within second year is this a loophole?

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Alumni Re: LSU QB Brandon Harris to transfer

When one majors in general studies or interdisciplinary studies it makes it quite easier to graduate sooner. As more classes count, you dont have to wait to satisfy as many prerequisites and have less scheduling conflicts. But it begs questioning if the new apr standards required declaring a major within second year is this a loophole?
    If you think UNC, Duke, and others do not pave the way for athletes you're delusional. If you think the athletic departments do not guide the students to athlete friendly classes, professors you're delusional. That again was his point. Your never ending envy of LSU is depressing because you need not be envious of them, they are no better.

Entry standards may be slightly higher at say TooLame, but grades are no harder to get, and I would suspect the same for UNC. Are there brighter students? Of course many are, but many are not for a lot of reasons and they graduate as well. Get over it. Lastly let's see where this young man ends up.

Speaking of course strength. I took nine summer hours, and twenty-four regular semester hours on a regular basis. Many of those semesters included various maths, sciences, foreign languages and it was very tough. It would have been a lot easier if I had a tutor, and an academic adviser saying yes to this prof, and no to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    R4U, I know you said this is jest, but they are/were being investigated for all sports, not just basketball. I live in NC and it was throughout the athletic program and all over the news that football was as big or bigger of a culprit then was basketball.

Attached is the one of the many articles about the football and men's basketball programs.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ions/95750108/

I know that we would love to see us develop a QB, but here is a guy who is looking to transfer from a school that we now have some ties to.

http://mutigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2820

Other grad transfers that could be in the mix are a number of guys from Rutgers:

Hayden Rettig, formally with LSU, now with Rutgers and looking to transfer.
    Chris Laviano, another Rutgers QB
    Mike Dare, still another Rutgers QB leaving, 2 years of eligibility left.
    Tyler Harris, UCF--2 years of eligibility left

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    @JacquesDoucet: Brandon Harris is adamant he is not transferring to an instate school. Wants to get away. #LSU
    There it is...can we get a picture of Brandon Harris and Les Miles with the caption "Want to get away?"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If you think UNC, Duke, and others do not pave the way for athletes you're delusional. If you think the athletic departments do not guide the students to athlete friendly classes, professors you're delusional. That again was his point. Your never ending envy of LSU is depressing because you need not be envious of them, they are no better.

Entry standards may be slightly higher at say TooLame, but grades are no harder to get, and I would suspect the same for UNC. Are there brighter students? Of course many are, but many are not for a lot of reasons and they graduate as well. Get over it. Lastly let's see where this young man ends up.

Speaking of course strength. I took nine summer hours, and twenty-four regular semester hours on a regular basis. Many of those semesters included various maths, sciences, foreign languages and it was very tough. It would have been a lot easier if I had a tutor, and an academic adviser saying yes to this prof, and no to that one.
    I agree to some of what you say. but don't think a general question about general studies necessarily applies to any particular school. a better question should be is whether or not that is an actual major, or simply an undeclared major. your third paragraph however, seems to contradict the claim of innocence since those things do seem like unfair advantages (read benefits?) given to student-athletes that aren't afforded to all.

I guess one could surmise that UNC's trouble may have been people at the university itself and/or local media wanting the answers. we know in many places that would never happen as those entities would want the football/sports help without care for academic integrity/respect so nobody wants the answers because they already know.... speaking of cover ups....

I don't think there is any envy, I try to point out all examples of double standards and/or selective enforcement (in all areas not just sports) when I suspect them, if all don't lead to conviction then so be it, but better than not pulling the string at all.

Bullet. Dodged.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast