_ _ _ _

Thread: Armed and Dangerous: The Cajuns' Pitchers From the Bird's Nest

UL Baseball Armed and Dangerous: The Cajuns' Pitchers From the Bird's Nest

Last year, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns' pitching staff used ten pitchers who threw double digit innings and finished with a sparkling 3.25 team ERA.

They led the Cajuns to a co-championship in the Sun Belt Conference, a third straight tournament title and a fourth straight berth in the NCAA Regionals.

Default Re: Armed and Dangerous: The Cajuns' Pitchers From the Bird's Nest

I think we will really like this team. Could be a really Omamazing year 😜 No, I did not misspell a word

Big changes in key positions. Tough schedule early on (immediately out of the game with SE and Deggs boys). A lot of expectations..

I'm just going to enjoy the process.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Last year, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns' pitching staff used ten pitchers who threw double digit innings and finished with a sparkling 3.25 team ERA.

They led the Cajuns to a co-championship in the Sun Belt Conference, a third straight tournament title and a fourth straight berth in the NCAA Regionals.

Can someone tell me why this man makes less than Marlin? Proven success year in and out!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Can someone tell me why this man makes less than Marlin? Proven success year in and out!
    If baseball charged $8 a beer like basketball does, Robe would be the highest paid coach in college baseball.

Go look up the highest paid coaches in he country and you'll have your answer. NCAA baseball isn't the revenue producer that other sports are. Comparing him to Marlin is apples and oranges, but his value to UL is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_RH View Post
    If baseball charged $8 a beer like basketball does, Robe would be the highest paid coach in college baseball.
    Basketball charges $12 a beer.
    Baseball $6 or $7.

But this has nothing to do with Tony's paycheck.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Big changes in key positions. Tough schedule early on (immediately out of the game with SE and Deggs boys). A lot of expectations..

I'm just going to enjoy the process.
    Same. I like the early tests, especially being on the road. We'll drop some in all likelihood bc that's the game, but getting into the grind early will only pay off down the road.

Go look up the highest paid coaches in he country and you'll have your answer. NCAA baseball isn't the revenue producer that other sports are. Comparing him to Marlin is apples and oranges, but his value to UL is priceless.
    Good Point, but Rob is practically out drawing BB!

Basketball charges $12 a beer.
    Baseball $6 or $7.

But this has nothing to do with Tony's paycheck.
    A large, domestic beer at the Dome is $10, which I think is the same price as Cajun Field.

Robe is a reasonable man.

Blog Entries

Good Point, but Rob is practically out drawing BB!
    Look at the RCAF Report on FY2016 and baseball received more money than MBB in restricted giving, that is very revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Look at the RCAF Report on FY2016 and baseball received more money than MBB in restricted giving, that is very revealing.
    Baseball would receive even more if we could specify where our money would go instead of the RCAF General Fund.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

From Robe in the press lunch:

*Gunner on Friday, Nick Lee on Saturday, TBD on Sunday. Will know probably tomorrow after intersquads. Was likely going to be Schmidt on Sunday but he has a little tenderness in his bicep, so they'll just see where he's at. Would probably be Hogan or Guillory if he doesnt go.

*Marks will be in bullpen. Likes that being a power guy. He's an option to start if we needed at any point. He and Colton Lee will help to keep D-Mo to more 3 out appearances rather than extended outings like he had last year. That way you can use him more often with shorter appearances

*Harris has matured. Mastering more pitches and misses are much smaller than last year. That's why he'll likely see more starts than last year. But will keep him available as option with him being a lefty for late games.

*Joe's knee has kind of been a minor issue. Depending on where it's at will determine if he's CF or 3B. Will play 3B to save his knee some if necessary. If he's at 3B, then either Stoelke or Lafleur in CF while Jam is out (not long term.) Stoelke and Lafleur will both be defensive replacements throughout the season as well due to their fielding abilities. Don't feel like we lose too much at the plate when those two come in as defensive replacements

DEPTH DEPTH DEPTH

I think you are going to see a whole new Wyatt Marks coming out of the bullpen. He is an emotional and fiery player. As a starter, he had to hold back on that part of his personality a bit and try to pace himself to pitch deep into the game . Coming out of the bullpen he can unleash early.

I think he is going to be similar to Eric Carter out of the pen.

I can't wait to see the jump of Nick Lee from freshman to sophomore.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Baseball would receive even more if we could specify where our money would go instead of the RCAF General Fund.
    You can contribute to the Diamond Club to allow your funds to flow straight to baseball.